Are you going to.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I don't believe for one second that the spread of this disease is either accidental or unintentional. It seems strangely coincidental with multiple countries collaborating to become trade independent from one particular country, where admittedly, the virus originated, as did every flu pandemic since the Spanish flu. Coincidence? I think not.
Did the virus originate in a lab? Maybe.

Did China try to cover it up? Unquestionably.

Was the release deliberate? Highly unlikely. The fact that some communist party hacks thought they could cover it up argues against deliberate release, regardless of whether it originated in a lab or a wet market. If this was a deliberate weapon, you wouldn't release it into your own population (crippling your own economy) and rely on eventual distribution, you would load up a plane or two with 5th columnists and send them on over. You wouldn't do that until you had effective counter-measures to protect yourself.

The cover-up suggests they were trying to save face because they couldn't handle it.

Regardless, while none of the vaccines are 100% effective, and there's no data how long the protection will last even with the ones that are ~95% effective, or if a vaccinated person can still carry and transmit the virus, there is substantial data to show that the RNA vacccines are safe for the vast majority of adults. Tailoring it to Covid-19 was a rapid development, but this is 10 year old technology. The contra-indications are pretty well known now.

Get it or don't get it, as you prefer, but I wouldn't have any undue concerns about vaccine safety compared to the health risks associated with Covid.

Reactions: 1 user

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
Did the virus originate in a lab? Maybe.

Did China try to cover it up? Unquestionably.

Was the release deliberate? Highly unlikely.
Earlier this week I was reading a 2015 study (in a legit medical journal) from the Wuhan Institute of Virology where they were intentionaly synthesizing and mutating SARS-Cov virii for cross-species transmission and higher infection rate (supposedly to study ways to prevent said transmission).

The safety protocols in those labs leave a lot to be desired.

Seems like a recipe for some sort of disaster. Rather surprised it didn't happen sooner.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I have trouble walking through wallyworld wearing a mask,,

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I have trouble walking through wallyworld wearing a mask,,
I have more trouble with the MORON that walks up behind me in Home Depot with his mask at half-mast like a chin strap and stands close enough for me to smell his bad breath from rotten teeth. I nearly elbowed him when I reached to get my wallet out of my back pocket before I realized someone was standing that close. What happened to 6' feet social distancing? He was nearly 6' tall and grey haired, so he should be well aware of how far he can fall without hitting his head on me by now. He had a mask, so I'm pretty sure he knew why it was required. I don't like folks standing as close as he was WITHOUT the risk of contagion. Makes me feel they're moving in to pick my pockets or something. It's times like that I wish I had a really BAD smelling fart stored up. You know, the kind that make dogs howl and possums smile. That'll teach space invaders to keep their distance when nothing else will.

Reactions: 1 user

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Got my 1st, slight soreness at injection site. 💉

Now THEY can track me with the micro chip, I will be less rebellious, I will start leaning left, I will believe everything the MSM says, I will turn in my guns, (IF I had any) I will embrace illegal aliens, I will be more susceptible to subliminal suggestion, my #@ck will get shorter, and the mind control drugs in chem trails will be more effective.
;)🤣:p🙃🤪🤡

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

tbk5

Equipment
L3710, L3010, ZD1211, RTV900xt, GR2100, lots of 3pt equipment
Sep 24, 2013
Central AL
Earlier this week I was reading a 2015 study (in a legit medical journal) from the Wuhan Institute of Virology where they were intentionaly synthesizing and mutating SARS-Cov virii for cross-species transmission and higher infection rate (supposedly to study ways to prevent said transmission).

The safety protocols in those labs leave a lot to be desired.

Seems like a recipe for some sort of disaster. Rather surprised it didn't happen sooner.
Can you share the reference? I would love to read it too.

I've worked in research labs. The safety protocols are good. Whether or not the weakest links (humans) follow them is another story.

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
Can you share the reference? I would love to read it too.

I've worked in research labs. The safety protocols are good. Whether or not the weakest links (humans) follow them is another story.
I THINK it was this one https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4797993/

Rereading I may have mischaracterized slightly, they were studying cross-species transmission not synthesizing specifically for that. But they were synthesizng "On the basis of these findings, we synthetically re-derived an infectious full-length SHC014 recombinant virus and demonstrate robust viral replication both in vitro and in vivo."

Regarding protocols, I was specifically referring to the wuhan and other labs in the area, not viral research labs in general. If it were in general, humanity would be in some serious trouble...

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
My wife and I got our first shots last week - happy days!
I always view decisions like this on a risk/reward basis. This one was a no brainer.

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
My wife and I will get it, when it finally becomes available to us. Right now, it is all over the disadvantaged south east side of Richmond. None on the north west side.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
somehow we were put on a "standby" list. Got a call last week that said there was an opening in a couple of days and could I fill it? Got the first shot...Pfizer....and never knew I had the shot. The wife got a call two days later and got hers the same day. Supposedly the second follow up shot has more side affects but we shall see in a couple of weeks.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
somehow we were put on a "standby" list. Got a call last week that said there was an opening in a couple of days and could I fill it? Got the first shot...Pfizer....and never knew I had the shot. The wife got a call two days later and got hers the same day. Supposedly the second follow up shot has more side affects but we shall see in a couple of weeks.
My wife and a bunch of others got the Pfizer shots only one person out of the bunch said the second one was worse.
The wife had no complications or side effects at all.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Friend got her second Moderna yesterday, no side effects so far. My second shot coming up Tuesday. No problem with first. Among the people I know personally that got the Pfizer vaccine, so far none saying they had a problem, including my 96 year old half sister.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Friend got her second Moderna yesterday, no side effects so far. My second shot coming up Tuesday. No problem with first. Among the people I know personally that got the Pfizer vaccine, so far none saying they had a problem, including my 96 year old half sister.
Those shots react widely with different people. 😁😁😁 I was extremely worried about my wife after her second shot. She was almost catatonic when I came home. The Moderna shot kicked off the mother of all migraines in my wife.

Wife had never experienced a migraine before that so it scared the daylights out if her.

I got her to take some excedrin migraine. And after about an hour she started to perk up. 😁😁😁😁😁

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Those shots react widely with different people. 😁😁😁 I was extremely worried about my wife after her second shot. She was almost catatonic when I came home. The Moderna shot kicked off the mother of all migraines in my wife.

Wife had never experienced a migraine before that so it scared the daylights out if her.

I got her to take some excedrin migraine. And after about an hour she started to perk up. 😁😁😁😁😁
When I was younger I got migraines at the drop of a hat as the expression goes. Pretty much anything would trigger one. Weather switches even. About the only good thing I can think of about old age is that they have subsided to rare minor headaches, but wouldn't be surprised if I have a reaction that it would involve a headache.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
The basic gist of the vaccine is to give your body bits of foreign proteins that your immune system will recognize as not supposed to be there. Your body therefore see's it and begins to make immunity proteins (antibodies) against these foreign bits, it sees as invaders. Since it is foreign the vaccine does cause a physiological response and since we are vaccinating against a member of a very common virus family (common colds) all of us have seen these (though somewhat different) in one variety or another. So your bodies immunity reaction to the vaccine causes some level of inflammation. That can feel like actually getting one of these bugs(viruses).... The signs vary greatly by each person. The vaccine isn't giving you Covid but your body is mildly imitating the symptoms as if you actually had it or a similar Corona cold virus.

If a properly vaccinated person is exposed to the virus several things can happen. The virus can attach to cells in your body and fail to do anything much if high levels of immunity are present. It can grow a small amount and a little shedding can occur, this can happen in varying amounts, all the way up to individuals that the vaccine doesn't work in at all. According to the numbers it's less than 2 in 20. If enough people in a group are vaccinated or had have the disease and survived it(the virus) runs out of new victims and dies out. Thus herd immunity.

Disclaimer: I ain't a doctor but I have stayed at a Holiday Inn.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Got my first shot (Pfizer) yesterday around noon. We were on duty, so no opportunity to rest the arm afterwards! Developed a little soreness in the evening that lasted through the night, but that has subsided and it feels pretty good right now. No complaints at all from my crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.