What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Snowman7

Equipment
LX3310 535 loader, LX2980, RB2672, FDR1660
May 20, 2020
Boyne Falls, MI.
More snow removal this morning in 5F weather. There was close to 6" on the ground and we've already had more snow this winter than we had the entire winter last year. It's days like this when the comfort of a cab is really appreciated, particularly when the snow is very light and powdery such that it blows all over the place. A rear windshield wiper is a must have.

Getting started.

View attachment 92456

Plowing the lower driveway.

View attachment 92458

Upper driveway and parking areas done.

View attachment 92457

Short video of the snow blower in action, and clearly my struggle trying to back up the tractor while taking video footage out of the rear window! :ROFLMAO: I really like the sound of the tractor and blower working together.

Looks like you are moving fast.

Snowman7

Equipment
LX3310 535 loader, LX2980, RB2672, FDR1660
May 20, 2020
Boyne Falls, MI.
Note to the boo-birds: This post is much more a statement about my OCD and sense of aesthetics than it is about safety. If you were to take everything I read / watch / have experienced / have prepared for / and the mental checklists I run through every time I (frequently) embark on something with the potential for harm and turn that in to stickers there wouldn’t be any orange paint left to see. This type of thinking includes recognizing the dual folly of rendering opinions when they weren’t asked for and the choice to insult as a first response when you don’t agree. If stickers are part of your safety routine great, by all means do whatever works for you. Tractor-on folks…
Love it👍

Reactions: 1 user

Mountainhill

Equipment
l2501 (l3800 2013/22), Box Blade, post hole digger, Leon's rear blade
Apr 3, 2017
Nova Scotia, Canada
Tried putting on my new chains!! They appear to be to long, overlap by 12”. They came from Walco , Twinway 6. Got my salesman on it. Anyone out there have an L Seriers (R-1 tires) with Walco’s chains? D950851A-E1BE-4AE1-A074-AC42E931346E.jpeg

gssixgun

Equipment
L3600, FEL, SnoBlower, Box Blade, Rear Blade, Forks, Cultivator, Plow
Jan 5, 2013
Sandpoint ID
www.gemstarcustoms.com
Worst day of snow removal in the 10 years I have owned this Kubota

We have had about 4-5 feet since November, that was pretty easy until last week when the temps dipped below zero..
The snow removal was easy just cold..

Yesterday we shifted hard with a Bi-Polar Mother Nature, last Wed was -5°f by my thermometer -13° by the WeatherBug on my phone
Yesterday we went to 40-42°f depending on who you believe, and rain..

This melted the snow pack on the road, I spent 6 hours working first with my Back Blade then with the SnowBlower to get it cleared off.

The Tractor did her work admirably, what truly was amazing was watching the Farm King Blower throw slushy watery "Snow" piles off the road.
Maybe because it is a 60" blower on a tractor that is rated to take a 72" but this blower has never let me down, and I abuse it..

Reactions: 8 users

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Worst day of snow removal in the 10 years I have owned this Kubota

We have had about 4-5 feet since November, that was pretty easy until last week when the temps dipped below zero..
The snow removal was easy just cold..

Yesterday we shifted hard with a Bi-Polar Mother Nature, last Wed was -5°f by my thermometer -13° by the WeatherBug on my phone
Yesterday we went to 40-42°f depending on who you believe, and rain..

This melted the snow pack on the road, I spent 6 hours working first with my Back Blade then with the SnowBlower to get it cleared off.

The Tractor did her work admirably, what truly was amazing was watching the Farm King Blower throw slushy watery "Snow" piles off the road.
Maybe because it is a 60" blower on a tractor that is rated to take a 72" but this blower has never let me down, and I abuse it..

I have great respect for all who live in the Snow Belt and battle the winter weather. It can't be easy.

Reactions: 1 users

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Monday I blocked up some logs and split them. Used the grapple again to move the logs from my banking area to where I split and stack my firewood. This is one of the longer logs I cut up.

13_46_10.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
I have great respect for all who live in the Snow Belt and battle the winter weather. It can't be easy.
Owning a tractor makes it significantly easier (and more enjoyable) than managing without one. If you do not have a cab though, it still sucks on the negative and single digit days where the wind is whipping.

Reactions: 1 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Not much. Just ran it for a while after topping off the fuel tank.

I had some summer diesel in the tractor, and have since filled cans with winter variety. All has been treated with winter additive and biocide, but conscious of diluting that summer diesel as much as possible.

0B0040CC-EC21-49DF-82C0-C7B60C5B517E.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users

beelzebubba

Equipment
B26 TLB
Dec 20, 2022
Vast New England wilderness
Started clearing a path in the snow around the house to the bulkhead entrance to the basement. Sump pump installation coming up and they're going to need to get all that jack-hammered concrete out to a trailer or dumpster.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Note to the boo-birds: This post is much more a statement about my OCD and sense of aesthetics than it is about safety. If you were to take everything I read / watch / have experienced / have prepared for / and the mental checklists I run through every time I (frequently) embark on something with the potential for harm and turn that in to stickers there wouldn’t be any orange paint left to see. This type of thinking includes recognizing the dual folly of rendering opinions when they weren’t asked for and the choice to insult as a first response when you don’t agree. If stickers are part of your safety routine great, by all means do whatever works for you. Tractor-on folks…
I have what is likely to be perceived as a MUCH more serious problem !'
I removed my ROPS !

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Water service repair today. Tractor got the call for this one...probably couldn't have dug it without the street pads (for those of you on the other "street pad" thread). The frost under the concrete was causing me to slide towards the hole. had to dig it sideways

H4-MIN785-5.JPG

H4-MIN785-1.JPG

H4-MIN785-3.JPG

H4-MIN785-2.JPG

Pulled the old line out with the new copper line attached with the B2650.

H4-MIN785-4.JPG

new copper

H4-MIN785-6.JPG

wrapped up. ready to head home...

H4-MIN785-7.JPG

Reactions: 7 users

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
I removed my ROPS !
To each their own. However, I truly hope that you never encounter a situation where you regret that decision.

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2380; R4 tires; 54" MMM; FEL w Pirahna bar; Ballast Box; BXpanded skid plate.
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio
I removed my ROPS !
I've also (reluctantly) removed mine. My property is dead flat, with over 40 low hanging trees to mow around, making the ROPS very inconvenient. I'd really have preferred to keep it on, but...

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Just got done snowblowing the driveway. *THIS* time it was rather nice. -2*C, 10km/h winds and 5" of powdery fluffy stuff. Pure ice underneath so walked very carefully and rears of the BX are chained up.
Although you can't see it, ironically the patch on my coat says "iceman", LOL
20221229_181754.jpg
20221229_181742.jpg

Reactions: 8 users

trueg50

Equipment
B2601
Jul 1, 2020
Vermont
Blowdown cleanup has been the order of the day. Did road clearing for a cell tower on the property. We had a few hemlocks and other trees coming down on the road, and a major blow down with a mix of Tamarac and red maple. , there were two 16" diameter maples and one to two 12" or so maples.

The kubota saved me with the tamarac (second picture, tree in the middle) I couldn't cut the supporting branches without risking the tree rolling on me. I was able to grab a branch with the grapple and pull, this helped roll the tree and drop it to the ground. Like the tamarack, at least one maple also wanted to slide to the right (down towards the stump), and again a nudge of the grapple saved me from risky work. It also let me just grab logs and move them aside so I wouldn't have to buck them all and move by hand. I measured a few logs by doing partial cuts at 16" just to get a feel for the lengths I wanted. This was a huge time and energy saver! This part of the road was past a steep hill that was slick and I only had a short window before it became impassible. I was dead tired towards the end, so any grapple work was a godsend.

The work took 5 hours to get the blow down and 3 other trees cleared. I finished just at dusk. This summer I'll be back for the rest of the wood and a few other large maples the storm blew over.

20221228_132402.jpg

20221227_110824.jpg

Nothing more fun than hitting the grapple close button and crunching the tamarak that tried to kill you.
20221228_132503.jpg

20221228_140133.jpg

20221228_154013.jpg
20221228_163008.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users

GSD-Keegan

Equipment
B2601 with Fel and Bh70 backhoe
Mar 6, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Blowdown cleanup has been the order of the day. Did road clearing for a cell tower on the property. We had a few hemlocks and other trees coming down on the road, and a major blow down with a mix of Tamarac and red maple. , there were two 16" diameter maples and one to two 12" or so maples.

The kubota saved me with the tamarac (second picture, tree in the middle) I couldn't cut the supporting branches without risking the tree rolling on me. I was able to grab a branch with the grapple and pull, this helped roll the tree and drop it to the ground. Like the tamarack, least one maple also wanted to slide to the right, and again a nudge of the grapple saved me from risky work. It also let me just grab logs and move them aside so I wouldn't have to buck them all and move by hand. I measured a few logs by doing partial cuts at 16" just to get a feel for the lengths I wanted.

The work took 5 hours to get the blow down and 3 other trees cleared. I finished just at dusk. This summer I'll be back for the rest of the wood and a few other large maples the storm blew over.

View attachment 93061
View attachment 93062
View attachment 93063
View attachment 93064 View attachment 93065

I have a similar tree mess going on at my property. Pretty much 15 yrs without too much tree work. Chinese Emerald Ash Borer infiltrates North America and devastation sets in.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Tractor trailer took out at least one power pole and a transformer up the road a bit. First real use of generator last week; second use this week. We have a couple of neighbor friends that think we’re odd running a generator off the back of a tractor. I think they’re odd sitting in the dark hoping the power company sorts it out quickly.
82134A73-94B9-4FCC-B792-066F2F4A6962.png

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Just got done snowblowing the driveway. *THIS* time it was rather nice. -2*C, 10km/h winds and 5" of powdery fluffy stuff. Pure ice underneath so walked very carefully and rears of the BX are chained up.
Although you can't see it, ironically the patch on my coat says "iceman", LOL
View attachment 93060
That's some serious light there. Is that accomplished with headlights alone or do you have Aux lights?

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas

The kubota saved me with the tamarac (second picture, tree in the middle) I couldn't cut the supporting branches without risking the tree rolling on me. I was able to grab a branch with the grapple and pull, this helped roll the tree and drop it to the ground. Like the tamarack, at least one maple also wanted to slide to the right (down towards the stump), and again a nudge of the grapple saved me from risky work. It also let me just grab logs and move them aside so I wouldn't have to buck them all and move by hand. I measured a few logs by doing partial cuts at 16" just to get a feel for the lengths I wanted. This was a huge time and energy saver! This part of the road was past a steep hill that was slick and I only had a short window before it became impassible. I was dead tired towards the end, so any grapple work was a godsend.

View attachment 93061
View attachment 93062

Nothing more fun than hitting the grapple close button and crunching the tamarak that tried to kill you.
View attachment 93066
View attachment 93063
View attachment 93064 View attachment 93065
Man I envy you guys with grapples. I keep struggling to warrant the purchase of one for my compact tractor (L2350DT). The lift capacity (at full height) is only about 900 lbs. So I couldn't really pick up and move any large heavy logs....but it might be more useful than I imagine.

If I had a larger tractor.....I would have one for sure. Certainly looks like a labor saver.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
My step finally arrived from Canada, so I put it on today. Strange thing is that it didn't come with any instructions, but it wasn't difficult to install. Pictures tomorrow.