What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Today, and yesterday, I dug out my 1/2 mile long driveway. The blizzard winds blew feet of snow over the my driveway.
Anywhere from 18" to 5 feet deep, and about 15 hours on my little LX2610 with the loader. I'm now ordering a front snow blower. I do really like our LX2610 Cab... most of the time digging it was below zero Fahrenheit.
Merry Christmas! View attachment 92827
That's some serious snow. It's been quite a few years since I had even 2ft on the ground in one event. Are you able to see where the driveway is? I would recommend hydraulic chute rotation and deflection, but certainly rotation for your snow blower. Since you have a cab it would almost be a necessity, but it's just a really good feature to have. I'm constantly adjusting the chute so that I can put the snow where I want it.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your new setup.

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I like the "hat" your tractor has.
A hat of shame! :oops: It sucks not having a shop or barn to store the tractors in over the winter, and more importantly the summer. As soon as the weather improves, probably late March or early April, I'm going to start building a couple of "sheds" for the tractors and the boat. I've been gathering materials and will most likely rent an excavator for a few days.

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
That's some serious snow. It's been quite a few years since I had even 2ft on the ground in one event. Are you able to see where the driveway is? I would recommend hydraulic chute rotation and deflection, but certainly rotation for your snow blower. Since you have a cab it would almost be a necessity, but it's just a really good feature to have. I'm constantly adjusting the chute so that I can put the snow where I want it.

I think we've only gotten about 24" of snow the past couple weeks. It was the blizzard wind that picked up the snow and dropped in on my driveway because the driveway has either trees on the sides in the forest... Or an open farm field on both sides once outside the forest where my driveway has ridges on both sides.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
We haven't had any appreciable snow yet. Not sure if I'm too sad about it. The tractor has the blower on it patiently waiting.
I greased the fel today and did a nuts n bolts check all around. The temperature is finally warming up and may get to do some outdoor work with it this week.

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin

I have the 3rd function set up already for my grapple. I've never had a front snow blower, but I assume that the loader stick controls raising and lowering the blower and the shute rotation. The 3rd function will control the shute throw height. ?? I'm just guessing.
My dealer says the blower will come with full hydraulics. I suppose you could plumb it anyway you wanted with the right fittings.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Put the battery charger on a trickle since my tractor has hardly seen any use. Long range looks relatively snow free for another week.

Reactions: 1 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I have the 3rd function set up already for my grapple. I've never had a front snow blower, but I assume that the loader stick controls raising and lowering the blower and the shute rotation. The 3rd function will control the shute throw height. ?? I'm just guessing.
My dealer says the blower will come with full hydraulics. I suppose you could plumb it anyway you wanted with the right fittings.
Awesome! I would connect chute rotation to the 3rd function, and chute deflection to bucket tilt, but that's because I rotate the chute way more often than adjust the deflector angle, and typically it's easier (less gross movement) to depress the 3rd function buttons than it is to move the joystick.

It's going to be cool to see your front snow blower in action and no doubt you'll really enjoy it. Be prepared to use the windshield wiper a lot!

Last edited:

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Put the battery charger on a trickle since my tractor has hardly seen any use. Long range looks relatively snow free for another week.
Count your blessings!!! My area averages 24" to 36" of snow, a winter season a year. But, In two weeks we got about 24", and then the blizzard changed everything.

I was sold on getting a 3 point pull behind snow blower or a 3 point backup snow blower. Because I think that the rear PTO is more robust and stronger than a front PTO. But after this past weekend, I think a 3 point backup type blower or a front blower is my only choice.

There was no way to drive over 3 to 5' snow drifts to move the snow. It was all about taking small bites out of it.

River19

Equipment
B2601, RB1560, BB1260 and BX2830 blower
Sep 10, 2020
NH/VT NEK
I wanted to solve for bringing my sand/salt mixture up and down my driveway so I grabbed one of the simple carry all frames from TSC today along with some hardware and grabbed some leftover 2x PT wood that I had stacked out back and boom....simple sand bucket transport.

I looked into the fancy pants PTO sanders etc and for all their cost, storage space requirement, single use and finicky nature I felt that wasn't needed as the driveway, while longer than most is only 650'. The first pics are down by my house/garage looking up to the turn and the start of the hill up to the road.......I have buckets staged on the hill and have just walked up and scooped and sanded for the past couple years and that was "fine" but........tractor..... Plus I have to refill those buckets every few weeks depending on the icing conditions.

This past storm with 3" of rain after 21" of snow followed by a drop from 53 degrees to 4 degrees made a bit of a mess of my lower driveway.......

Either way, this thing will be useful. If I want to reconfigure it, just unbolt and adjust.......

Plus I can squeeze it into the Morton even with the travel trailer, the truck, the tractor with the blower.....

IMG_4108.jpeg
IMG_4109.jpeg
IMG_4110.jpeg

Reactions: 7 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Today I took off my snowblower (BX2822) and removed my K Connect (bx2816) and installed my loader (LA340) to lift a Kubota Snow Plow (B2775) that I sold on Facebook Marketplace. The fellow that bought the plow helped me to remove the K Connect and install the loader, then remove the loader and reinstall the K Connect and snowblower. It took longer to remove, install, remove, and reinstall everything than it took to lift the snowplow into his truck. The plow must weigh about 300+ pounds! From start to finish, it was about 40-45 minutes. On my old BX22, removing the snowblower hitch and installing the loader would take that much time. I am so happy that I sold that old dinosaur of a tractor and got a modern tractor that is state of art in the sub-compact tractor class.

Attachments

Reactions: 4 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
F552C4BC-A6C0-4E36-8470-ACC40C8F9988.jpeg

Had about half a platform truck of firewood left over from last year and it hasn’t been very cold until now. The single digit temps got us to burning the wood stove and today was the first load from the wood yard this season.
28BDD750-E566-45AF-B756-E76BEFF47F64.jpeg

It looks more impressive from this angle. 🙂

Reactions: 3 users

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Found the snowblower had been pissing trails of hydraulic fluid for most of the last hour's work I did with it the other day. Dug out the #&$!%$&*!!! frozen-in hoses and found an inch long split in the chute rotation motor hose. Right in the middle of its 6 ft long run.

So off to the Kubota shop 90km away to get a new hose made up and a jug or 2 of Premuim UDT fluid. I had about 1 1/2 litres spare UDT top-up fluid left but it dissappeared into the reservior without registaring on the dipstick, though the tractor was operating fine it seemed after losing at least that much UDT fluid. No poor colors or smells from the fluid, clear and slightly yellowish color like new. Though noticeably quieter this morning when needed to move it after the 1 1/2 litres went in.

I think I'll get 2 x 5 litre jugs this time. It doesn't go bad, only gets higher in price, and eventually will be needed at least for the 1200 hour service plus some more jugs, prob next summer.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I would enjoy winter a lot more if I never saw a snowflake again.
That normally requires lowering the absolute value of your latitude.

Reactions: 2 users

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Found the snowblower had been pissing trails of hydraulic fluid for most of the last hour's work I did with it the other day. Dug out the #&$!%$&*!!! frozen-in hoses and found an inch long split in the chute rotation motor hose. Right in the middle of its 6 ft long run.

So off to the Kubota shop 90km away to get a new hose made up and a jug or 2 of Premuim UDT fluid. I had about 1 1/2 litres spare UDT top-up fluid left but it dissappeared into the reservior without registaring on the dipstick, though the tractor was operating fine it seemed after losing at least that much UDT fluid. No poor colors or smells from the fluid, clear and slightly yellowish color like new. Though noticeably quieter this morning when needed to move it after the 1 1/2 litres went in.

I think I'll get 2 x 5 litre jugs this time. It doesn't go bad, only gets higher in price, and eventually will be needed at least for the 1200 hour service plus some more jugs, prob next summer.
Split in the hose, wow. I'm no expert but if of wasn't rubbing against something or cut somehow, that's a strange hose break.

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Split in the hose, wow. I'm no expert but if of wasn't rubbing against something or cut somehow, that's a strange hose break.
Indeed strange, but I found the place it caught on while removing the blower the other day. As usual, I f-ed it up by being impatient, and very cold conditions aggravated the problem. When these hoses warm up they melt the snow that settles on them and end up a stiff frozen mess to remove from those spiral hose stays. As well as the female quick connectors at the tractor end suffering the same fate - frozen solid full of ice from snow melting while in use. When it's -20C in the wind it takes minutes or less to solidify.

Where I stuff the first set of hoses into, the chute direction hose pair, has a metal clip holding the steel lines there that they end up sitting under and against.

Without them in there the second set ends up sticking out so much the right tire can rub against them at full turn angle. Those 4 hoses have to be snug!

I'm going to bend open the 2 spiral hose guides a bit, and work on taking my time and not yank on stiff frozen hydraulic hoses like that.
IMG_20221227_180810559.jpg

IMG_20221227_180913610.jpg

IMG_20221227_181515103_HDR.jpg

Ya I know, get a heated garage. but that's not in the cards right now.

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
I'm waiting for Milwaukee or Makita or similar to come out with a cordless heatgun for such icing issues.

Edit.. never-mind, I see that they have them now.

Last edited:
  • Haha