Ukraine

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
This has been in the Russian plans for a long time.

Ukraine used to be part of the USSR and he wants it back for a lot of reasons. Had a russian girlfriend for about 2 years; learned a LOT more about them than I really needed to know.

The bigger problem is China. China and Russia are allies. If the USA were to retailiate against the Russians over Ukraine, China could very likely back the Russians. Now think on that a while. How'd China get as rich as they are?

Our former pres knew this and it was a good portion of what he was trying to accomplish. Cheap products drove manufacturing out of this country and into China which has created a massive power shift, not just militarily, but economically and productivity. Ukraine is a test for China. XI is waiting to see world reaction and response before making his move on Taiwan. Xi already made his move on Hong Kong, which is just a step away from full indoctrination into China, far earlier than the 50 years they were allowed.

To be honest, ever since the end of the cold war, we have become complacent. The threat of nukes flying around the world went away, only NK being a gnat in the world view, but now with Putin firing up the Nuke threats once again, we are heading into another cold war.

All those preppers are sitting back now saying, see, and you thought we were crazy.

Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I did not read the entire thread.

Just think it is a sad day when any country invades another when unprovoked...except in their own minds...call me naive...but that is the way I see it.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
NO areas of the Ukraine WANT to be a part of Russia!

That is all Russian disinformation they have been pushing for several years now. The Russians have been building up to this invasion for several years now by inserting agitators to cause problems as an excuse to once again control Ukraine. No areas of Poland or Latvia or Estonia or any of the other former Soviet republics want to again be under Russian control.

The Ukrainian people remember this only too well...Holodomor - including my grandparents and parents who suffered through it. Russian troops sweeping through the countryside in late fall of the year, destroying what food they couldn't haul off with them in retaliation for protesting Russian rule. For many years Russia denied it ever happened but as the truth got out they modified their disinformation to say that the famine was inadvertent.

https://www.britannica.com/event/Holodomor

And this is a screen shot from Wikipedia...
View attachment 75873

So...now we have "Ukrainian Nationalism" under attack again. And I'm willing to bet that the other former Soviet Republics are wondering if they are next.
Good information. It appears that Belarus is the only former USSR state that supports Russia.

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Our former pres knew this and it was a good portion of what he was trying to accomplish. Cheap products drove manufacturing out of this country and into China which has created a massive power shift, not just militarily, but economically and productivity. Ukraine is a test for China. XI is waiting to see world reaction and response before making his move on Taiwan. Xi already made his move on Hong Kong, which is just a step away from full indoctrination into China, far earlier than the 50 years they were allowed.

To be honest, ever since the end of the cold war, we have become complacent. The threat of nukes flying around the world went away, only NK being a gnat in the world view, but now with Putin firing up the Nuke threats once again, we are heading into another cold war.

All those preppers are sitting back now saying, see, and you thought we were crazy.
The former president pulled US out of the Pacific trade agreement where multiple countries would be a counter to China. He decided to go it alone and enacted some ineffective measures that ended up just destroying the US grain export market for a few years, and increasing the prices of steel.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:

woodsy

Equipment
95 Kubota L3300DT W/FEL, 60" AgroTrend 3pt snow blower89 Arctic Cat 440 Panther
Apr 20, 2021
Maine
Sure would be fun to go Russian tank, truck convoy, & armored personnel carrier hunting over there.
At age 81 with 6 years of prior Navy flying, and 30,000+ total flight hours, what would have I to loose?
Just give me a Wart Hog, some rockets, lotsa 30mm, several weeks of training, and I would volunteer to go in a heartbeat!
It would feel good to know that at the end of life, I was able to provide meaningful help to those in critical need.
Ha ! Was having similar thoughts with my previous experience as a scout in
the Armored Cav .
Why not volunteer as a foreign fighter for Ukraine they seem like nice people but would they take a 64 yr old ? Probably if I can walk and chew gum at the same time.
Was on the front line of the cold war in W. Germany for my 18 mos. tour of duty.
I watched the commies from an observation tower and on jeep patrols in the 1K zone so I already know how they act and what they look like.
I mentioned it to the misses but didn't get a response .

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Ha ! Was having similar thoughts with my previous experience as a scout in
the Armored Cav .
Why not volunteer as a foreign fighter for Ukraine they seem like nice people but would they take a 64 yr old ? Probably if I can walk and chew gum at the same time.
Was on the front line of the cold war in W. Germany for my 18 mos. tour of duty.
I watched the commies from an observation tower and on jeep patrols in the 1K zone so I already know how they act and what they look like.
I mentioned it to the misses but didn't get a response .
I

Easier for me!
I have no "misses" to beg for approval!

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
It’s intersting when the open border hustlers are rushing to defend a border. Sort of like everything else being shoveled recently.

Reactions: 1 users

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
It’s intersting when the open border hustlers are rushing to defend a border. Sort of like everything else being shoveled recently.
In most civilized countries, the borders are not caged like a concentration camp. 1980s Ronald Reagan: “Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall.”

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
14 million people in a country of 42 million. OK, I guess we can list you as being on Putin’s side. You, Belarus, and China. Wow.
If it is your family being targeted, it does not matter how many others are not victims.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Our former pres knew this and it was a good portion of what he was trying to accomplish. Cheap products drove manufacturing out of this country and into China which has created a massive power shift, not just militarily, but economically and productivity.

I heard someone say recently that this administration is the biggest "I told you so" in history.

I can't say that I go along with that but I can see the point in the statement.

I think if our current leader does more stupid stuff, we'll all end up in a horrible situation-let's hope it doesn't come to that. But if he does, and I think he will, we will then see how his supporters erred.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I heard someone say recently that this administration is the biggest "I told you so" in history.

I can't say that I go along with that but I can see the point in the statement.

I think if our current leader does more stupid stuff, we'll all end up in a horrible situation-let's hope it doesn't come to that. But if he does, and I think he will, we will then see how his supporters erred.
That is not obvious already?

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
In most civilized countries, the borders are not caged like a concentration camp. 1980s Ronald Reagan: “Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall.”
In civilized society folks obey sensible laws and don't need a cage. We now need cages to control the uncivilized.

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
In civilized society folks obey sensible laws and don't need a cage. We now need cages to control the uncivilized.
Employers recruit and hire illegals, and they are never prosecuted in the US for doing this, therefore illegals keep coming here to work. Employers don’t obey the laws but political leaders of both parties don’t want to prosecute the employers. It’s apparent after many years of this situation that the status quo is tacitly supported. The business community wants the current situation to continue. Politicians deflect from the real reason why they come here and focus on busting the illegals, while ignoring the cause of the situation.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Back on point!
Points of the day:
Russian economics are in taters and it will only get worse for them as time goes on, as it should.
They underestimated how may other countries would take note of what they have done.
You know you've pushed the wrong buttons when a countries that have had a long standing record of staying neutral push back, I'm talking about Sweden.
Finland is doing something that they have never done, they are sending weapons to the Ukraine.
If the EU fast tracks Ukraine into the EU, Russia better pack up and run quick, because they will have a hundred armies headed their way.

Russian military is doing things (attack's ) that are considered against the Geneva Convention, and that in itself will have lasting repercussions for Russia.

Belarus helping Russia do what they are doing and saying they will join the fight is just another level of insanity.

Putin Is loosing this battle, on every front, and he knows it.
Yes the Russian military is advancing and taking over Ukraine at a fast rate, and inflicting a lot of damage along the way, but they are not winning!

Putin has become a grenade, being held by a person with a fainting condition, with the pin pulled!
All it will take is for him to make a wrong move and this WILL get really BAD for a lot of people.

I know a lot of us, from a lot of countries, would like to just have our military's roll in there and kick the living snot out of Russia, I know I would.
But cooler heads must prevail, until there is no other option.

I believe our current leaders, and leaders from a lot of other countries, are doing the best job that they can!
They are dealing with a madman with his finger on the button, and rolling in there will only tick him off more than he already is.

Several sources have reported that he's unstable and angry, and grows more so each day.

I would have thought that we could have moved on and up after the cold war ended.
I remember the drills of hiding under a desk at school.
Little did we really know that all of that added up to Jack S!$$ when it cam down to it.

Reactions: 2 users

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Back on point!
Points of the day:
Russian economics are in taters and it will only get worse for them as time goes on, as it should.
They underestimated how may other countries would take note of what they have done.
You know you've pushed the wrong buttons when a countries that have had a long standing record of staying neutral push back, I'm talking about Sweden.
Finland is doing something that they have never done, they are sending weapons to the Ukraine.
If the EU fast tracks Ukraine into the EU, Russia better pack up and run quick, because they will have a hundred armies headed their way.

Russian military is doing things (attack's ) that are considered against the Geneva Convention, and that in itself will have lasting repercussions for Russia.

Belarus helping Russia do what they are doing and saying they will join the fight is just another level of insanity.

Putin Is loosing this battle, on every front, and he knows it.
Yes the Russian military is advancing and taking over Ukraine at a fast rate, and inflicting a lot of damage along the way, but they are not winning!

Putin has become a grenade, being held by a person with a fainting condition, with the pin pulled!
All it will take is for him to make a wrong move and this WILL get really BAD for a lot of people.

I know a lot of us, from a lot of countries, would like to just have our military's roll in there and kick the living snot out of Russia, I know I would.
But cooler heads must prevail, until there is no other option.

I believe our current leaders, and leaders from a lot of other countries, are doing the best job that they can!
They are dealing with a madman with his finger on the button, and rolling in there will only tick him off more than he already is.

Several sources have reported that he's unstable and angry, and grows more so each day.

I would have thought that we could have moved on and up after the cold war ended.
I remember the drills of hiding under a desk at school.
Little did we really know that all of that added up to Jack S!$$ when it cam down to it.
Great post. The world needs to focus on assassination of Putin and his inner circle. There has never been a more deserving person of that since Hitler. I question if the Russian people would continue the war if the mad man were eliminated.

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
Data point

Using the weather application "Windy.com" there is a feature to "look" through the lens of open cameras around the world. Traffic and municipal cameras, scenic and sporting locations. etc.

Just now, all cameras in Ukraine are off line. They were up last evening at this time.

This is a random comment regarding the situation there, from the inter web.
"Russia's policy of absolutely minimizing risk to civilians is slowing military advances. Unfortunately, the presently non-liberated areas are descending into ever deepening chaos and atrocities committed by Ukrainian forces with bands of well armed, unfettered criminals."

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: 1 user