What's cookin' boys?

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
One of my favorites, a double decker venison smash burger with bacon under the cheese.
20200414_183618.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
I've always been a proponent of using the cheese to hold other ingredients down. It bothers me to see nachos where the meat/jalapenos/whatever else is just sitting on top of the cheese. Yeah, that's totally going to stay there between the plate and my mouth...

Reactions: 1 user

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
We are back at the Cabin until Saturday PM, taking care of the deer plot planting plus tomorrow splitting firewood. Well, the Cabin means food soooo.....
IMG_0987.JPG

Tonight it was a NY Strip with beans and roasted taters. 😋

Reactions: 2 users

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
I been cooking a LOT more this year than in years past and I believe I'll probaly be doing more in the future because of the prices of prepared food (restaurant food pricing is skyrocketing).

Neighbors might think I'm crazy. I have the grill going 6 days a week, cold, hot it don't matter. I grill. I actually had to clear out a spot in front of the house last year during snowmageddon, we were off work, and almost 20" of snow on the ground...I cleared out a spot in front of the driveway with the tractor and parked the grill out there. Didn't have no power at the house so I fired up the generator and ran the pellet grill. Killed a rabbit the nigh before and grilled it up. It was ok. Not a huge fan of rabbit or squirrel, actually I'm not a huge fan of many wild animals' meat but in a pinch it'll eat. That evening I throwed a couple taters on the grill for a couple hours at 225 deg. Easy peasy. Olive oil, salt, pepper, and a little garlic (I eat garlic on everything). Delicious. Everyone who's eaten smoked taters has raved about them. This last week I also smoked some spaghetti noodles....boil them normally on the stove, then drain normally. Then put the whole thing on the smoker for about 15 minutes stirring a few times in between so that teh smoke gets to all the noodles. Pull 'em off, then make normal spaghetti with sauce. I use Polska Kielbasa sausage rather than hamburger but y'all can do it however. I've used bear meat in the past too and that's actually pretty good. But the smoked noodles--that's a different taste for sure, but very good. Try it. Also broiled (or smoked) some italian bread on the grill, I just flipped the grill grate (that is the actual brand "grillgrate") over, flat side up, and prepared the bread with some italian seasoned butter. Smoky taste with italian bread. Pretty dern good! Did smoked lasagna a while back which was also good. I just used some frozen lasagna with meat sauce and cooked it on the grill. Actually I use the grill like an oven. If it can be cooked in the oven I'll do it on the grill for a little different spin on the same ol' same-o. The only difference is that the wood fired grill gives it a smoky taste which some may not like, but they also make different "flavored" pellets. For instance, for seafoods I use applewood. Steak I use hickory. Burgers I'll smoke them slowly with blended pellets. You get the idea.

Don't be afraid to try different things. Sometimes it turns out to be a bust but you won't know til you tried it.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Making Jerk Chicken Monday.

The Jerk Sauce has a bunch of stuff in it. I make that in bunches and freeze it. Hassle to make it each time.

Sheepfarmer- attached the recipe as well. Betting that’s something you’d like. Maybe just pare back on the hot peppers.

FE128F17-BBC0-4B66-A271-D669BE7322CB.jpeg

image.jpg

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Making Jerk Chicken Monday.

The Jerk Sauce has a bunch of stuff in it. I make that in bunches and freeze it. Hassle to make it each time.

Sheepfarmer- attached the recipe as well. Betting that’s something you’d like. Maybe just pare back on the hot peppers.

View attachment 67395

View attachment 67396
Sounds yummy! Bake chicken? All I can do is drool for a few more weeks.
My kitchen remodel is finally under way, so all my stuff is in cardboard boxes. Today is flooring installation, got rid of slate (loose and chipped) and 30 yr old linoleum. Walnut planks from trees out back going in today.

Cooking reduced to microwave and hot plate on the dining room table.

Thanks for sharing recipe! I look forward to trying it!

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
What to do with these shiitake mushrooms?

We've been getting a few at a time for the last few years but this week was a bumper crop. One pile of logs had a flush about a week ago and were past prime time to harvest or else this pile would have been much bigger.

I do some on the grill. Also, sauteed in butter as a side dish. Most likely will try and give many away...

Attachments

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Finally got some time to relax 👍👍👍👍 Sold our house. Between last minute repairs and moving...... well you get the idea.

Fired up the smoker this morning. After some technical difficulties (bolt broke on the damper), I got it fired up 😁😁😁😁

14lbs of of chuck roast slow smoking with some hickory fire wood and natural lump charcoal.

Got our daughter, son in law, and the little man coming for dinner tonight.

20211010_104646.jpg

20211010_104656.jpg

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
What to do with these shiitake mushrooms?

We've been getting a few at a time for the last few years but this week was a bumper crop. One pile of logs had a flush about a week ago and were past prime time to harvest or else this pile would have been much bigger.

I do some on the grill. Also, sauteed in butter as a side dish. Most likely will try and give many away...
O&T - try sautéed with olive oil, garlic, pepper and just a little thyme. Sweat (don’t brown) the garlic first. Stay away from salt, it makes them watery.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Finally got some time to relax 👍👍👍👍 Sold our house. Between last minute repairs and moving...... well you get the idea.

Fired up the smoker this morning. After some technical difficulties (bolt broke on the damper), I got it fired up 😁😁😁😁

14lbs of of chuck roast slow smoking with some hickory fire wood and natural lump charcoal.

Got our daughter, son in law, and the little man coming for dinner tonight.

View attachment 67454

View attachment 67455
Good to hear!! Hope you settle into new place okay…saw the stir fry a while back. I’m doing stir fry and homemade egg rolls today.

Only house I’ve sold is my MIL’s, and there was a busy couple weeks before closing.

Smoker looks like it’s good to go!!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
DIdnt feel like making supper so I made a pan of sausage gravy and some biscuits, I must be losing my touch the Jimmy Dean sausage is really bland

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Chicken broccoli stir fry looks good too.

View attachment 67467
I wish that were on my table, YUM! My kitchen floor has just been stained, and poly tomorrow. My garden is full of nice swiss chard carrots and broccoli, but too hard to do on a hot plate, and no access to a sink. Tv dinner it is.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Forgot to post jerk chicken…

Butternut squash, carrots and broccoli.

Hickory table, but I think Magic identified it already.

7DECB6A4-E7D2-41E2-A662-2B210B363C27.jpeg