What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
What did the manual say? Did it say to grease or not to grease before first use? (My chipper specified not to grease before first use.)
The Italian manual (see below) states to check the gearbox and grease before first use. I did both of those things and have greased the machine regularly. Have you ever pumped grease into a zerk and wondered where it's going? With most grease fittings you either hear, feel or see confirmation that the grease has got to where it needs to go. The end bearings for the main drum just kept taking grease this morning so now I'm thinking that they came dry and that I never put enough grease in them until today.

Basically I'm not sure if the noise is the belts on the pulleys or the end bearings. I have the belt guard off and will run it tonight using the PTO override option and get close enough to determine where the noise is coming from. No doubt the safety police will disapprove.

Maintenance.jpg

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
The Italian manual (see below) states to check the gearbox and grease before first use. I did both of those things and have greased the machine regularly. Have you ever pumped grease into a zerk and wondered where it's going? With most grease fittings you either hear, feel or see confirmation that the grease has got to where it needs to go. The end bearings for the main drum just kept taking grease this morning so now I'm thinking that they came dry and that I never put enough grease in them until today.

Basically I'm not sure if the noise is the belts on the pulleys or the end bearings. I have the belt guard off and will run it tonight using the PTO override option and get close enough to determine where the noise is coming from. No doubt the safety police will disapprove.

View attachment 105544
So long as grease gun pumping / not out of grease…Yep I agree with you seems strange for sure….either leaks around zerk if not on correct or after a few pumps you feel it firm up and then oozes out somewhere…seems odd at best. The grease went somewhere…if came out anywhere there should be some residue with some dirt crusted in I would think?

I’d make sure to put my hair up in a bun and take the neck tie off before putting ear up to it. 😉.

keep us posted.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Jsjac

Equipment
B2650
Feb 13, 2022
New Hampshire
I have had an excavator at the house for a few weeks.
Just cleaning up the mess,roots rocks and some dirt.
Now I need to repair the lawn.
Here is a picture of me getting rid of the mess
IMG_20230621_184753402.jpg

Reactions: 9 users

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com

View attachment 105544
I often use a wood broom(no plastic or metal ends) handle for a good stethoscope.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I often use a wood broom(no plastic or metal ends) handle for a gpod stethoscope.
I've used a long screwdriver more than a few times on an engine and driveline trying to locate a noise. I didn't get to confirm the source of the noise last night but will try this morning. For the record, I really like that Del Morino flail mower and would buy the same model again, or a bigger model. It's just so useful around my place getting into tighter areas, cutting banks, etc.

Reactions: 1 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Mowed the grass and then some trimming to find my property marker.

20230623_181542.jpg

20230623_193708.jpg

20230623_193819.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Moved the LX outta the way so I could use the table saw as well as back my truck into the shop to work on a tail-light that's taking on water. But, since it was out, cut a few low-hanging branches and used the grapple to drop them on top of the 'habitat' piles out back. Beyond that, about all I did was burn my bacon on a VERY hot seat. Note to self: There's more than one reason to tilt the seat forward..

Reactions: 4 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I hauled the M60 and rotary cutter over to a friend's place late yesterday afternoon and started cutting his field. What with the rain and disturbing fawns in the 3ft high grass it was less than ideal. I quit early, had dinner with my friends and left the tractor and trailer at his place last night. It's another wet morning here so I'll most likely pick up the tractor today and finish cutting his fields in a couple of weeks when I'm back from vacation.

There's always a learning curve and this trailer is no exception. I had hoped to be able to pull the tractor forward more but the tongue weight is excessive. The other sketchy thing is driving on/off the trailer. It's quite the incline and because the cable for the remote doesn't reach to the back of the trailer I had to drive on with the deck at full tilt, apply the parking brake, get out and then lower the deck. This morning I grabbed the remote cable from one of the dump trailers in the hope that I can extend the remote cable on this deckover trailer until I install the wireless remote kit.

m6060_pj_deckover_1.jpg

lvr_m60_1.jpg

lvr_m60_2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
I hauled the M60 and rotary cutter over to a friend's place late yesterday afternoon and started cutting his field. What with the rain and disturbing fawns in the 3ft high grass it was less than ideal. I quit early, had dinner with my friends and left the tractor and trailer at his place last night. It's another wet morning here so I'll most likely pick up the tractor today and finish cutting his fields in a couple of weeks when I'm back from vacation.

There's always a learning curve and this trailer is no exception. I had hoped to be able to pull the tractor forward more but the tongue weight is excessive. The other sketchy thing is driving on/off the trailer. It's quite the incline and because the cable for the remote doesn't reach to the back of the trailer I had to drive on with the deck at full tilt, apply the parking brake, get out and then lower the deck. This morning I grabbed the remote cable from one of the dump trailers in the hope that I can extend the remote cable on this deckover trailer until I install the wireless remote kit.

View attachment 105731

View attachment 105732

View attachment 105733
Nice looking property. Definitely sounds like a pucker factor getting on and off the trailer. Wireless is the way to go, I could see me ripping the wires off😄

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio

View attachment 105731

View attachment 105732

View attachment 105733
That’s a nice set up for sure. I wanted a roll back I. The worst way, but…watching the dealer that picks up and drops off using one I did not have the confidence….they feel a lot steeper than they look and I was too concerned I would get caught in rain rush to get out of rain and id slip/crack head open. My dealer driver walks up and down it like a Billy goat…I think as you use it regularly it will exceed a regular deck over. The convenince of them undeniable though.

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
My snow pusher came in today. Got it back home. Decided to test something with it. Been wanting a box blade. Just to help smooth out the driveway after laying 45 yards of class II. Held off buying the box blade until I tested my idea With the pusher. It works great leveling off the high spots. Don’t need a box blade anymore. My wallets screamed ouch paying for it but it will earn its keep.

Reactions: 2 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Moved a bit of dirt, ripped out a couple of shrubs and picked up another mowing job. 1 acre lot that will get done every 2-3 weeks.

Reactions: 4 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Went out and mowed today. We really could use a rain. I believe I accomplished stirring up more dirt than I did in actually mowing anything. I can say that I am very thankful for the cab. Yes, the air conditioning is nice, but keep all that dust off of you and out of your lungs. The picture below is the third time I stopped and cleaned the windshields. Cleaned the filters once I was done for the day.

dirty tractor.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Moved the LX outta the way so I could use the table saw as well as back my truck into the shop to work on a tail-light that's taking on water. But, since it was out, cut a few low-hanging branches and used the grapple to drop them on top of the 'habitat' piles out back. Beyond that, about all I did was burn my bacon on a VERY hot seat. Note to self: There's more than one reason to tilt the seat forward..
All Kubotas have a black seat.
When needing replacement I replaced with a white seat.
Much cooler when left in the hot sun.