What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Very minor so no pics. Added half a horn (just one of the pair from an old Volvo wagon). It kinda sounds like Road Runner without the other tone. A little toot is all I want. Just enough to get their attention. No train horn required. Need this when working with others. None of the other methods work well - sitting in the cab screaming, flashing the lights, or revving the engine.

While the dash cover was off I added the switch for the SSQA engage/disengage linear actuator. There's a plug sticking out of the gap between the cab and hood, so the tractor side is done. The actuator install will probably deserve a little writeup and pics when I get to it.

Reactions: 2 users

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
I installed my Homestead Implements grill guard I got a couple of days ago. After watching GP Outdoors video where he was doing some grapple work for a neighbor, I thought I should do something. It has been a couple of months since I watched the video and I also did some grapple work for a friend, was worried the whole time I was moving brush. I was going to go the homemade route, but I decided that I would order something. I can't weld and would have to ask someone to do the welding for me. Think it looks pretty good and the price wasn't too bad.

Grill_guard.jpg

Reactions: 10 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Send some of that moisture here, where gardens are not even germinating in the dry soil.
We started off like that and then we've had rain almost daily for the past two weeks.

DVR

Premium Member

Equipment
Kubota MX5400, L3560LE, L3301. KX033-4
May 8, 2020
Columbia, SC
Today I installed the seat up pto switch, rear work light switch and changed the speaker wiring from rear to front (stereo only feeds front speakers in phone mode) on my L3560LE.
Had the receipt in the box from Messicks. I ordered them 3.5 years ago!
Put the cruise switch in as soon as those parts arrived. Never have needed the others. This will inspire me to are some rear lights.

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
Did a couple more posts in the shed. The old posts are rotting off about 6 inches underground(not all just some)
20230617_140742[1].jpg
, so I am digging down to base, bag of cement into hole, and installing some steel highway guardrail I-rails. It is just crazy that no two poles are the same size or installed to the same depth.

Reactions: 4 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
There’s a sewer line in our property that runs parallel to the creek. Been there about 15 years or so due to eminent domain and a public need as established by not sure who. We own the land and the sewer authority has a right of way. They can mow it and access it, but only for purposes of accessing or maintaining the sewer. They’ve never mowed it, which is pretty common in these parts. For the section on our property, we do mow it at least a couple times per year, often a bit more. This is what it generally looks like.
IMG_9039.jpeg
IMG_0278.jpeg

A couple weeks ago went down there to see if it was dry enough to mow. Saw the sewer folks had mowed the right of way to the northeast of us and also our little 1/2 mile. Mowed it with a tractor and bush hog which, based on the few tracks it left was probably about the same size as mine. Tractor mower person did a really clean job. Looked like I mowed it.

They stopped at the southwest end of the property, possibly because the next landowner never did anything with the sewer line so it was grown up with 15 year old saplings.

Not too surprising, they send a CTL with a heavy bush hog to take on the property to the west. They have to come in from our east, cross our 1/2 mile or so to get to the property on the west. Our place was already mowed, just use as a road was all that was needed.
IMG_0523.jpeg

This is the same area as the immediately previous pic. CTL operator found a little muddy spot and played in it. He/she did a lot of that.
IMG_0517.jpeg
IMG_0519.jpeg

They didn’t do anything they didn’t have a legal right to do, so whatever. Difference between the tractor operator and CTL operator was pretty stark.

Don’t usually have cameras out down there this time of year. We do now. Scouted out an alternative path in flood plain to bypass the muddy spot which is now grass less. Between the grapple moving a couple logs and the bush hog that went pretty quickly.
IMG_0527.jpeg
IMG_0529.jpeg

Then spent a little time cleaning up this maple that broke, dumping most of its top in one of the creek crossing.
IMG_0531.jpeg

Cut it up enough to drag it down the short narrow path to the now dirt sewer line to get it oriented right and dumped it all in with an old deadfall.
IMG_0522.jpeg

Interesting day…

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Did a couple more posts in the shed. The old posts are rotting off about 6 inches underground(not all just some) View attachment 105257 , so I am digging down to base, bag of cement into hole, and installing some steel highway guardrail I-rails. It is just crazy that no two poles are the same size or installed to the same depth.
I like your fix for this! :)

Reactions: 1 user

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
I installed my Homestead Implements grill guard I got a couple of days ago. After watching GP Outdoors video where he was doing some grapple work for a neighbor, I thought I should do something. It has been a couple of months since I watched the video and I also did some grapple work for a friend, was worried the whole time I was moving brush. I was going to go the homemade route, but I decided that I would order something. I can't weld and would have to ask someone to do the welding for me. Think it looks pretty good and the price wasn't too bad.

View attachment 105246
You must really like the "H" in it :)

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Fixed best I could, hood scratch. Our son said he’ll stop by next weekend and give it a polish. I’m ok with how it came out.

IMG_2023-6-18-162326.jpeg

IMG_0321.jpeg

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Fixed best I could, hood scratch. Our son said he’ll stop by next weekend and give it a polish. I’m ok with how it came out.

View attachment 105316
View attachment 105317
Got a few scratches on my LX, some of which happened at the dealer when they were putting the FEL sub-frames on or attaching the FEL itself. The rest are 'badges of honor' from it's service. I've put that little tractor through the wringer, and it doesn't seem to mind a bit. Not quite sure what Kubota's thinking was to put a painted step on it, but most of the paint's long gone from that. I added some braces to my step not long after I got it because I really didn't like how much the platform and left fender were flexing when I stepped up on it. And I'm not a really big guy, either.

g_man

Equipment
L3010DT, M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G
Feb 3, 2023
NE Vermont
Graded a section of road today that got chewed up pretty good from a down pour a couple days ago. Didn't help that I had a couple significant wheel depressions left over from mud season leading into and coming down the hill. Roughed it back into shape with the rear blade, then finished it off with the LandPlane, and last packed it with my One-Ton which I was doing when I took the picture.

23_6_18.JPG

gg

FarmThisJB

Equipment
Kubota L3301D
Jun 18, 2023
USA
First time tractor owner, and thrilled with the used L3301 we just picked up. Spent the first day dragging the ruts out of our road, and starting the replacement of dirt on our secondary road which completely washed out. That's gonna take a few full days of dirt moving at this rate. (The tractor has 600 hours and was allegedly serviced before we picked it up from the shop, but under load (climbing especially) it has a significant whine that kind of reminds me of when the old power steering pumps would whine when the fluid was low. Have checked transmission fluid. Not low. Are these just whiny tractors?)

BXHoosier

Equipment
BX24
Jan 21, 2018
Indiana
Used the backhoe on the BX24 to peel off the sod for a paver path from the garage to the deck landings. Picking up another 2.5 tons of #73 limestone tomorrow for the base for the paths. So far, I’ve got 5.4 tons on the 90’ path from the deck to the barn. Another 2.5 tons should be enough to finish everything.

D5D584A6-E5BD-4790-8C86-87DB70EE8934.jpeg
A410C3B1-7E23-43E5-A7C4-CA8B0167A45B.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Send some of that moisture here, where gardens are not even germinating in the dry soil.
We received an inch and half of rain yesterday (some spots seen more). It was badly needed and greatly appreciated.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I was on the struggle bus most of yesterday. It started out ok welding two D-rings (repurposed) onto the front weight bracket that I bought last year. I used 7018 rod, beveled the loop to get good penetration, and made multiple passes. The D-rings are for trailering the tractor and so far that's the only part of this project that has gone well.

I thought that the Kubota weight bracket and Kubota "brush guard" would play nice together but that isn't going to happen. Initially I was supporting the brush guard with a floor jack and blocks and trying to lift up and bolt the weight bracket in place through the guard. That proved to be extremely difficult and finally I removed the guard only to realize that the suitcase weights won't fit on the bracket with the guard in place. I don't know if Kubota suitcase weights would fit but it's moot at this point.

Next up was to bolt the bracket to the tractor sans the brush guard. Not ideal but I can live with that and make up a custom guard or modify the current one over the summer in time for forestry work in the fall. So after getting the weight bracket installed I put one weight on and although there's minimal clearance between the weight and the hood it fits. Great, now to get the other seven weights on. Nope! The weights are a little oversized and they interfere with the steel lip that runs around the base of the hood. I bought the weights from Everything Attachments but they're made in India so it should come as no surprise that the "Kubota" weights aren't plug and play. Now I have to modify all ten weights by adding a groove or notch to provide clearance. I must have moved 3,000lb of steel by hand yesterday afternoon/evening getting the weights off the trailer, test fitting them and moving them back to the trailer. Who needs to pay for a gym membership!!

bracket_5.jpg

bracket_6.jpg

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Had yet another tree fall this weekend. This one right on the gate. Those forks I purchased when the tree fell last week are worth their weight in GOLD.
Front1.jpg
front2.jpg
front3.jpg
front4.jpg
front5.jpg
front6.jpg
front7.jpg

Reactions: 9 users