What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Yeah i can understand that ET, and i get it. But i myself, i just don`t find it necessary to spend $120+tax+shipping for a 3/4in pin for my 6ft rear blade just to hold the multi-angle position on it.
Oh, absolutely. If you are shopping online, though, that same pushbutton pin is $14 from elsewhere that has it in stock.

Reactions: 1 user

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
To be fair, my big win this morning was raking the bottom 8-10" of my roof out front standing in waist deep snow and getting the ice off my impeller on my blower to line up the shafts to replace the shear bolt.

I lined it up, looked at it, looked at the Morton Building only 200' way and said "screw it, I'll do it later" and went in side to warm up.......
My standing seam roofs on my house, garage and sugarhouse all dumped the snow off several times during the storm. Well worth the money spent on them

Reactions: 5 users

forky

Equipment
L2501 HST 4X4 8N
Feb 23, 2021
Wisconsin
View attachment 98149 View attachment 98150
The T2290 was delivered today. Wife was so happy to see it, even though it was sparkling clean from the dealer, she immediately hosed it down to get the “germs” off, then hopped on and started mowing. She kept mowing until she ran through the ~ pint of gas it was delivered with.

Although I’m pretty sure it’s the cheapest self propelled thing the dealer had on their lot, it’s a very nice little machine and exactly what she wanted.

Filled it up with gas, finished the little area where she was testing it, and took it back to the shop to wash off the copious dust that was stuck all over it from mowing dry grass with a wet mower.
View attachment 98151 View attachment 98152
Nice looking machine for lawn mowing. I'm actually looking at the same mower.
Prolly close to 5k delivered I'm thinking. What did it set you back?

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
WOW That's schedule 40 pipe too, I wouldn't think its common for roots to be able to do that.
But all it takes is one little leak and a roots find there way in.
Root issues are one reason I refuse to use DWV pipe, to easy to have issues.

My mains though out the house and all the way to the septic tank are 4" ABS,
That pipe is also 6 foot deep, so I hope the roots can never get to it! ;)
Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on which side of the job you are on) it's all too common. I have seen roots down below 6 feet getting into SCH40 fittings. Just did one last week (same issue) as well. It seems like "required street trees" and primer-less joints aren't a good idea...whoda thunk???? :oops:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on which side of the job you are on) it's all too common. I have seen roots down below 6 feet getting into SCH40 fittings. Just did one last week (same issue) as well. It seems like "required street trees" and primer-less joints aren't a good idea...whoda thunk???? :oops:
Have you worked with ABS on sewer lines?
Same issues I would bet.

When I dug the trenches for the lines the deepest my roots went were average 3 foot.
We are just going to say for my sanity, roots will never get to it! ;) :giggle:

FYI: Our place has a good guesstimate of 10k "required property trees", we love our tree covered property! 😁

Last edited:

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Have you worked with ABS on sewer lines?
Same issues I would bet.

When I dug the trenches for the lines the deepest my roots went were average 3 foot.
We are just going to say for my sanity, roots will never get to it! ;) :giggle:

FYI: Our place has a good guesstimate of 10k "required property trees", we love our tree covered property! 😁
We don't encounter much ABS here at all. But would agree the same issues would apply. However, for your sanity, I think you're good.

last week, this was a 5 foot long root plug that entered a joint (looked to be primerless as well) from a depth of about 5.5 feet.

H4-MAT222-5.JPG

Pulled the roots out and the remaining pipe looked clean as a whistle. Well, not a whistle that I would put to my lips anyway.

H4-MAT222-9.JPG

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
We don't encounter much ABS here at all. But would agree the same issues would apply. However, for your sanity, I think you're good.
Well if it does I'll just call you to come fix it, since you pointed out to me that my self reassurance was flawed! :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

matt-m

Equipment
2022 B2601
Mar 17, 2022
Columbus, IN
Installed a set of 2" spacers. Learned that the dealer had fluid filled the tires as a courtesy!

20230317_122646.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Well if it does I'll just call you to come fix it, since you pointed out to me that my self reassurance was flawed! :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:
Did some reading about the differences between ABS and PVC. ABS is stronger than PVC and doesn't require a primer when glued. That alone should give you some confidence. My town required that once the PCV leaves the foundation it had to be steel pipe with couplings. I remember them using some rubber and hammering the pipe together, but didn't pay too much attention to it being done, because the contractor didn't like having anyone watch him working. Almost 40 years later I think that I now know why. He never put a riser at either end of the septic tank, so there is no way to inspect the inlet or outlet, only one over the cleanout hole.

• Wow

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
My town required that once the PCV leaves the foundation it had to be steel pipe with couplings. I remember them using some rubber and hammering the pipe together, but didn't pay too much attention to it being done, because the contractor didn't like having anyone watch him working.
Ductile or cast iron?

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
tackled a SEVERE root intrusion job with a rented Orange mule today...I'll keep it short and just show some highlights.

yuck

View attachment 98141

rented mule on left

View attachment 98142

watch those (HOA) trees...they're the ones that caused the damage coming up... stay tuned...

View attachment 98143

diggy

View attachment 98144

Well, well well...what do we have here?

View attachment 98145

close up of root plug. It was so bad that it actually split the wye after entering the hub connection. I'm betting that the original installers didn't use primer.

View attachment 98146

New pipe:

View attachment 98147

time to backfill:

View attachment 98148

done. happy customer can flush at will. ;)(y)
You rented a U17 ?
Was your wife "driving" your own Mini-Ex..... somewhere else?
We know you make her "work", because we have seen her in the seat :D

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
How do the side plates on your blade work for you? I have a heavy duty Bison blade and I see that the plates are available. Seems like a cheap way to avoid buying a box blade for moving materials.
I agree.
I really should sell my unused KK 84" blade. and buy the side plates for my EA Deluxe 6 Way blade.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
In Coconino County AZ, (arguably the toughest building codes in the nation) you are required to use ABS in the structure, and you are required to use PVC in the ground. No one has been able to explain why.
We figure the head of Planning & Zoning must own the company that makes the ABS to PVC transition fittings.

I had a root plug problem where the 4" PVC enters the concrete septic tank. It had been mortared in, but after 30+ years, the roots had broken that up. Strangely, the roots chose to crawl back up the pipe towards the house, rather than drop into the tank.
After clearing the roots, we mortared in a new section of pipe, then packed the mortared area with 40lbs of rock salt, before back filling.
I don't expect any root problems there in my lifetime.

Reactions: 1 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
You rented a U17 ?
Was your wife "driving" your own Mini-Ex..... somewhere else?
We know you make her "work", because we have seen her in the seat :D
yeah, rented a U17 with the original thought of access/digging from the front sidewalk...

H4-MCL874-4.JPG

once on site, I knew it wouldn't work that way. Just too tight and would have to dig under the tracks. 🤷‍♂️

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
yeah, rented a U17 with the original thought of access/digging from the front sidewalk...

View attachment 98206

once on site, I knew it wouldn't work that way. Just too tight and would have to dig under the tracks. 🤷‍♂️
Excellent job, especially considering the seriously constricted work area.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I would have recommended a few tree removals at the same time. Solves all future root problems.
I couldn't agree with you more! However, the trees and bushes (old, nasty yew's) were off limits to us. It's like they were on the endangered species list according to the HOA. I do believe that those trees are of the white cedar ...you know, the water loving variety? Yeah, let's plant them over a potential source of water. That makes sense. :rolleyes:

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I couldn't agree with you more! However, the trees and bushes (old, nasty yew's) were off limits to us. It's like they were on the endangered species list according to the HOA. I do believe that those trees are of the white cedar ...you know, the water loving variety? Yeah, let's plant them over a potential source of water. That makes sense. :rolleyes:
Recommend that they replace them with willow trees!