What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
30 feet will not be long enough. I put a L2501 and hog on my 30 foot Big Tex along with something else, i.e. lawn mower, roller, box blade and poof the trailer is to short. Monster ramps are a wonderful thing.
I also agree. 30’ is the minimum I’d look at.
Not really interested in the wide ramps.

What big Tex do you have? They are high on the list.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
Snow
Snow and more snow. We had 8" at 7am. 14" when it was done here in southern Maine.
Sorry no photos but we got pleanty.
I'm thinking of buying myself a retirement tractor cab next year. Has anyone added a decent cab to their tractor years later ?

Reactions: 1 user

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
Spent about an hour with the BX cleaning off the 5-6 inches of wet, sloppy snow we got
yesterday afternoon and evening on my drives and the neighbor's drives. Had to pull the bonnet and tap on the starter to get it to engage, looks like it might be time for a starter rebuild. I had a problem before with a little tit building up on one of the high current posts on the solenoid.
Checked on Messick's, and they want $700 for a new unit. I think I'll take it to a local Amish shop and see what they say about it.

Last edited:

hoot owl

Equipment
L2501 with loader and backhoe
Nov 13, 2022
Nothing like some of you.
64 here today so I moved some equipment around and used the FEL to lift the back of our spare car to drain the gas tank. Lifted it up no problem. It's going to the scrap yard next week.
When finished my wife came out to see what I was doing and I tried to talk her in to moving the tractor but she wanted nothing to do with it. Could never get her on a riding mower either.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Nothing like some of you.
64 here today so I moved some equipment around and used the FEL to lift the back of our spare car to drain the gas tank. Lifted it up no problem. It's going to the scrap yard next week.
When finished my wife came out to see what I was doing and I tried to talk her in to moving the tractor but she wanted nothing to do with it. Could never get her on a riding mower either.
My wife loves the zero turn mower.
"Like a Disney ride"

• Haha

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
I’m going to trade this load of Hedge to my BIL for some borrow time on a hydraulic post hole digger. I’m a little low on gpm, but it is worth a try. He will not be giving the Hedge back if it doesn’t work. He can just bring his SLV75 over & run it hisself. Win for me, either way.
D2FF19D2-6D94-4006-871D-29B269906F78.jpeg

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I also agree. 30’ is the minimum I’d look at.
Not really interested in the wide ramps.

What big Tex do you have? They are high on the list.
I have a 14gn that is de-rated down to 14,500 pounds. This trailer has over 400,000 miles on it. I run a hot shot truck and trailer. It is not my favorite trailer but it makes me money. I do not load it heavily as I cannot have problems with the DOT. I have had to replace both axles that bent and all the springs which have cracked or broken. The price is almost doubled from 2017 to today.

L35

Equipment
L35/TL720/BT900/York rake/Valby chipper
Jun 13, 2010
CT
I’m going to trade this load of Hedge to my BIL for some borrow time on a hydraulic post hole digger. I’m a little low on gpm, but it is worth a try. He will not be giving the Hedge back if it doesn’t work. He can just bring his SLV75 over & run it hisself. Win for me, either way. View attachment 97281
I gotta find a excuse to take a trip out towards the west and on my return trip grab a load of the legendary hedge so I can see what it’s all about :cool:

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
I gotta find a excuse to take a trip out towards the west and on my return trip grab a load of the legendary hedge so I can see what it’s all about :cool:
It’s not magic, just what we have. I have plenty, I can hook you up. It can be interesting to process.
(My company has/is purchasing equipment from a vendor in Milford, CT. I’ve been there a couple times.)

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
The wood we often call hedge is Osage Orange, here's the full story.

Maclura pomifera
Maclura pomifera, commonly known as the Osage orange, is a small deciduous tree or large shrub, native to the south-central United States. It typically grows about 8 to 15 metres tall. The distinctive fruit, a multiple fruit, is roughly spherical, bumpy, 8 to 15 centimetres in diameter, and turns bright yellow-green in the fall. The fruits secrete a sticky white latex when cut or damaged. Despite the name "Osage orange", it is not related to the orange. It is a member of the mulberry family, Moraceae. Due to its latex secretions and woody pulp, the fruit is typically not eaten by humans and rarely by foraging animals. Controversial suggestions have been made that it was consumed by extinct Pleistocene megafauna, but these claims have been criticised as lacking empirical evidence. Maclura pomifera has many names, including mock orange, hedge apple, hedge, horse apple, monkey ball, monkey brains and yellow-wood. The name bois d'arc has also been corrupted into bodark and bodock.Wikipedia

Native American's used it to make bows! We mostly use it for firewood and fence post since it is so dense and readily available. I know if you get some of the sap (right after cutting) on your leather gloves they will last 3 times as long as without it.

Reactions: 3 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
. . .
(My company has/is purchasing equipment from a vendor in Milford, CT. I’ve been there a couple times.)
lol, just came back from Miford. Met my son & family for breakfast :)

I could have picked something up for you

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Had to go up north for the weekend, got a chance to take the kids out to the farm I grew up on with my grandparents. They had a blast!

I know I know it’s a green tractor, but it had heat 🤣

F08C80A6-C4DB-473C-B047-AFEBF08BB0BA.jpeg

One of my favorite spots on the farm
7FBC61E5-0AF7-4C00-A88A-31432B85F558.jpeg

E9B79D21-467D-45DA-BCDC-E9D503E9C335.jpeg

he got to check out a bigger orange then his though 😁

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

anomad

Equipment
YM2310D
Jun 10, 2021
Western North Carolina
We had a big storm roll through the other day and I have almost a half mile of gravel driveways to grade. So I went down the hill and mined all my gravel that jumped my water bars. Took it back up and spread it out. Then made everything all nicey nice with the box blade.

hoot owl

Equipment
L2501 with loader and backhoe
Nov 13, 2022
The wood we often call hedge is Osage Orange, here's the full story.
I have a friend that used Osage Orange to make bearings for very large rollers. He said they lasted years longer than reg bearings.

Last edited:

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
4A6764AA-C68D-43C1-B60C-9E850F7DF793.jpeg

Stopped by a local landscape supply looking for some decorative rock (as in a couple bags for decorative planters) and ran across some odd lot concrete pavers on sale for a price worth picking them up without having a specific project in mind. Bought them yesterday and went back with the trailer today. When they set the bigger one on the trailer I was thinking there was about a 5% chance my little CUT would take it off without reloading and splitting it into two pallets. But, it raised it approximately 1” above the trailer deck so off it came. Put it on the ground beside the shed and then tried picking it up again just to see if moving it elsewhere as is was possible. Kind of surprised it lifted off the ground about a foot so I guess it can be moved. Planned to take a pic if it moved the big one but when it did I was not comfortable leaving the operator seat even long enough to take a pic, particularly since doing so would have removed about 220lb of ballast.

Smaller pallet was well within capacity as it was only 3 1/2 layers instead of 5 1/2.

Later in the afternoon, took some little 1” to 2” trees off the side of the pond to expand a little seating area and fed them to the chipper to put some fresh mulch on the area they just came from. While down there, sighted one of the grass carp. They were put in there a little over 30 years ago so it was nice to see there’s still at least one out there. If you look closely in the first picture you can see a rather large fish hanging out near the surface.
9CD73CAD-A173-4E1D-91C0-C98B2271E389.jpeg

View is a bit more pleasant without a bunch of scrubby little trees in the way.
ED138C10-943B-4547-A785-440E61247774.jpeg
E0C30731-B929-43A3-9D40-B45B3AA09BCB.jpeg

Reactions: 6 users

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
I like how everybody has to stay out of the woods for fear of getting stuck in the mud. Where I am the woods are the firm part. I need to stay out of the driveway to keep from rutting it up. I was thinking about trying to scrape some of the granular snow off of the driveway, but it's real soft and it would be a chore. I'm hoping it'll dry up relatively quickly, but it usually ends up a sloppy mess.

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
Got my little BX25D stuck (4 wheels spinning) while clearing my walking paths around the property. Just too much heavy, wet snow for the snowblower to process and then got high centered. 15 minutes of digging out with the wife unit and was back in business. I clear about a 1/4 mile of walking path around the “yard” for walking the pooch and ourselves. A “pano” view of about 1/3 of my 12 acres in NH.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

ScottHam

Equipment
Kubota L3560HST-LE 4WD; R4 tires; Armstrong Ag BRG-mini grapple; 1272 box blade
Jul 9, 2022
Texas Hill Country
Oh boy, that looks like a brush fire waiting to happen!
I would be terrified to mow that, one good spark and that's all she wrote!
Thank you. It is actually not nearly as dry as it looks -- which is why I am cutting it now in the "wet" season before it truly is too dry. Thanks again.