What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Moved heavy wet snow this morning, had to push into driveways as the backdrag doesn’t have the right weight distribution to cut into the crusted snow very well. Due for a regen and parked in front of open garage door - mistake!

10th regen in 487 hours. What a crazy winter here in Michigan. Seems like the ground never froze good.

A443B53A-E19A-4DE7-B6BF-EAAF38A3FEFA.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Blew a few inches of wet stuff again. Fell on bare and thawed stone. Lowered my shoes to leave a little more. The UHMW shoe liners help quite a bit. Don’t dig in as much. Slide over everything easier.

14923A38-8773-4E47-B3C2-450FD07582A8.jpeg

This is a pic I posted here a couple years ago. Welded a wider "foot" on the shoe, then a couple years later added the half-inch UHMW liner. Can be rotated 180 degrees if leading edge wears down. Hasn't happened yet; that stuff is really tough......

0D4E7681-3BE5-40C6-BD7B-8AD6DCBFC2B7.jpeg

Last edited:

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Blew a few inches of wet stuff again. Fell on bare and thawed stone. Lowered my shoes to leave a little more. The UHMW shoe liners help quite a bit. Don’t dig in as much. Slide over everything easier.

View attachment 97232

This is a pic I posted here a couple years ago. Welded a wider "foot" on the shoe, then a couple years later added the half-inch UHMW liner. Can be rotated 180 degrees if leading edge wears down. Hasn't happened yet; that stuff is really tough......

View attachment 97236
Like many in the Northeast, between the plow blade digging in and the R1's spinning a trench I made the driveway a muddy mess. It is what it is.

Reactions: 1 users

RMS

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, RCR1260, PFL1242, LX2963, RB1684, WC-68 Chipper,Flail Mower
Sep 26, 2021
Buckfield Maine
Cleared the first round of about 16" of snow thus morning. Plan on getting out to finish after it stops snowing later today.

gmbc

Equipment
B2650HSDC ,bucket, Forks, Front Snow blower, MMM, Tiller, Land Rake
Mar 11, 2016
Dundurn, Saskatchewan, Canada
I repaired my electric chute actuator system. I thought the unit was dead as getting power and would not work. I purchased a new actuator and installed and it did not work. I did some more checking with my meter and there was power. Found that when dealer installed the system they also had a connector on the ground wire between the batter and the wire itself and the connector had come apart and was sitting behind battery. So lesson is check how the unit is grounded and check the ground fully . Found out did not need new actuator just chase wiring ie Ground. Darn Electrical is tricky all the time. All good now though.

Reactions: 1 user

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Measured the MX with bush hog length. About 25’. Thinking of getting a trailer and maybe do some side work.

Looking at goosenecks in the 30’ range.

Jsjac

Equipment
B2650
Feb 13, 2022
New Hampshire
We cleaned the snow once today.
Now it stopped snowing. Time to do the Finnish cleaning.
Got a fair amount of snow.
Maybe a foot or so.

I bought a trailer this week. Just waiting for the GVW sticker to come in. Being hooked up to a commercial pickup truck it needs to be under 10,000 pounds to avoid the CDL license requirements.
I need to get my CDL so I can tow anything I need to.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I just spent 4 hours clearing the drive and the yard.
6 to 8 foot piles of white stuff everywhere!
They are calling for more snow tonight and tomorrow.
That "white stuff" looks absolutely beautiful.....
........In the pictures.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Measured the MX with bush hog length. About 25’. Thinking of getting a trailer and maybe do some side work.

Absolutely DO get a gooseneck!
They tow so much better than bumper pull.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
We got about 3 or 4 inches of wet heavy snow in North East Ct overnight, and it is more like glue than snow. It was so heavy that it would push the BX around if I got too much of it in front of the blade. Had to redo the main part of the driveway that the neighbor plows with his truck since he never plows it wide enough and leaves the snow along the edges to melt. If you don't push them off to the side, when they freeze the road gets too narrow, and when they melt, the water floods the dirt roadway, causing mud. Some people never learned how to plow snow!

ScottHam

Equipment
Kubota L3560HST-LE 4WD; R4 tires; Armstrong Ag BRG-mini grapple; 1272 box blade
Jul 9, 2022
Texas Hill Country
Installed my new Bad Boy rotary cutter and was finally able to mow down the long grass that grew from all the rain we had here in the Texas hill country last September.
brush hog pic.jpg

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Installed my new Bad Boy rotary cutter and was finally able to mow down the long grass that grew from all the rain we had here in the Texas hill country last September. View attachment 97253
Oh boy, that looks like a brush fire waiting to happen!
I would be terrified to mow that, one good spark and that's all she wrote!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
We got about 3 or 4 inches of wet heavy snow in North East Ct overnight, and it is more like glue than snow. It was so heavy that it would push the BX around if I got too much of it in front of the blade. Had to redo the main part of the driveway that the neighbor plows with his truck since he never plows it wide enough and leaves the snow along the edges to melt. If you don't push them off to the side, when they freeze the road gets too narrow, and when they melt, the water floods the dirt roadway, causing mud. Some people never learned how to plow snow!
I don't have room enough to push snow around, especially the wet stuff like you and I got. My BX2360 couldn't push some of the 3-foot snowfalls we've had either.

One advantage of a snowblower is that you move it once...usually. I can also throw it such that it doesn't cause flooding problems during a thaw. House is at the bottom of a large hill.

I had to leave quite a bit this morning at the driveway apron; wet and tough to move.

That I'll likely scrape up with the back blade tomorrow morning. Pull it up the hill, then blow out of the way.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
LMAO ! Just over the hills from you. Give me 12 inches of powder any day over the snow, rain, sleet stuff.
We put money aside in the budget for grass seed and stone !
The local landscapers make a fortune every spring fixing the gravel driveways that they plow all winter. The full time residents just live with some crappy looking grass along the driveways !

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
Got a foot of heavy snow here in central NH just came in from doing my driveway, the neighbor’s parking spot across the road and my “off road” areas.
I was in the road clearing my mailbox for the mail lady and then turned toward my driveway to attack the 3’ berm of junk from the town plows…I got a foot into it and BANG! No more blowing…crap. Augers we’re fine BX5455HD snowblower and the fan was plugged solid with the crap.
Went back up the 500’ drive on the 1st path I made down to the road and got up to the garage to get my “poke stick” to clear the fan housing. Sure enough, the fan was freely spinning. Not having had a fan shear pin go, I started looking for the pin the. I noticed where 2 flanges meet the flanges were misaligned. I thought at first I had something major break but so figured out that’s where the fan shear pin goes. Whew! Luckily, I had bought spare shear pins for the augers and fan so I found them and fixed it. While digging the rest of the junk out of the fan housing, out popped a 2” freakin stone pushed up by the town 😡
The road I live on is not in the best repair with the old asphalt breaking up in many places and the plows, of course, plow well wider than the edges to allow for future snow. Note to self: Be wary of what the town plows push into my driveway!

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL

30 feet will not be long enough. I put a L2501 and hog on my 30 foot Big Tex along with something else, i.e. lawn mower, roller, box blade and poof the trailer is to short. Monster ramps are a wonderful thing.