What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

ScottHam

Equipment
Kubota L3560HST-LE 4WD; R4 tires; Armstrong Ag BRG-mini grapple; 1272 box blade
Jul 9, 2022
Texas Hill Country
Installed the hydraulic top link today -- even easier than I expected. Don't know why I didn't do this 5 months ago when I first got my tractor.....

Attachments

Reactions: 3 users

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Got to play on the bota a little today, most of the ground still pretty wet, did get a small patch tilled up for some strawberries. Got a chance to try out the new garden bedder.

CCA458EB-CFD4-49B6-ADE6-A22087AA54D7.jpeg

notice how muddy the case is 😂 sent son to get a load of mulch, it’s still pretty soggy back there 😂.

Reactions: 9 users

Jsjac

Equipment
B2650
Feb 13, 2022
New Hampshire
We got snow Thursday night. I cleaned most of it up.
Our daughter was cleaning off the cars and trucks. When we moved them I got her in the tractor for the first time.
She did great snow blowing. The backing up thing kinda had her a little confused.
Maybe by this time next year I will have the snow blower mounted on the loader and driven off the mid PTO.
IMG_20230224_080801167_HDR.jpg

Jsjac

Equipment
B2650
Feb 13, 2022
New Hampshire
Today I cleared the driveway again.
Also filled the wood box and the wood rack in the house for the wood stove.
Got our first oil delivery since November 28,2022 and it was just under 67 gallon. We use oil for hot water also.
Not to bad for the first winter trying to heat the house with the wood stove.
The wife will turn up the heat when it gets down to 60° in the bedrooms.

Reactions: 1 users

Trustable

Equipment
l2501HST
Jul 5, 2022
Michigan
cleared A lot more snow today with the old back blade and bucket. i now see the appeal of a plow or snowblower as the snow would just grab the back blade and I would be driving diagonally forward. It was to the point that I was unable to get as close to the edge of my driveway as it would turn me or pull me towards the woods. It was a very heavy snow and was just sticking to it, which didn’t help. I spent around 30 minutes at the front of driveway pushing and moving the banks around with the bucket to ensure there was enough room to turn in. It’s to the point where if we get more snow I am going to have to lift it and move it into the woods, Especially around the garage and the front of driveway. Still had a good time doing it though, way better than 5 hours with a snowblower walking super slow.

Reactions: 4 users

hoot owl

Equipment
L2501 with loader and backhoe
Nov 13, 2022
I pulled around 30 more stumps today. Some of them were big. I also used the loader to grade some of the holes close to level. Here are some pictures looking east. I am in about the middle of the area I am clearing. Photo 1 The area behind the pile of trees will get graded for a catch bason/pond. food plot1.jpg
This is looking South. food plot 3.jpg

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
cleared A lot more snow today with the old back blade and bucket. i now see the appeal of a plow or snowblower as the snow would just grab the back blade and I would be driving diagonally forward. It was to the point that I was unable to get as close to the edge of my driveway as it would turn me or pull me towards the woods. It was a very heavy snow and was just sticking to it, which didn’t help. I spent around 30 minutes at the front of driveway pushing and moving the banks around with the bucket to ensure there was enough room to turn in. It’s to the point where if we get more snow I am going to have to lift it and move it into the woods, Especially around the garage and the front of driveway. Still had a good time doing it though, way better than 5 hours with a snowblower walking super slow.
Trustable,
Heavy snow in front of my plow blade has resulted in the tractor going straight and the front wheels turned at a 45 degree angle. I soon learned to get up more at night and plow often. First couple of storms are plowed off several feet into the yard to make room for more snow. My little tractor will not push large banks and no FEL.

Reactions: 1 user

Trustable

Equipment
l2501HST
Jul 5, 2022
Michigan
Trustable,
Heavy snow in front of my plow blade has resulted in the tractor going straight and the front wheels turned at a 45 degree angle. I soon learned to get up more at night and plow often. First couple of storms are plowed off several feet into the yard to make room for more snow. My little tractor will not push large banks and no FEL.
Thanks for the input! I think my first mistake was not pushing the snow far enough off my driveway with the Backblade. Unfortunately we got probably 8 inches in 3 hours during the day, so I wasn’t able to get out during the middle of it. I will keep in mind what you said about the plow blade though!

Reactions: 1 user

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Got a wimpy snow fall last night, maybe 4". Took the tractor out early to clear the driveway. Temperature was just about 30 and rising. Supposed to warm up today and refreeze tonight :(
Kind of a pia blowing with the gravel not frozen but used a method I did on the old tractor - pull the hydraulic top link in a lot. That pivots the blower back on the shoes and a lot less gravel thrown.
It is the only snow I've had to clear this year so no complaints.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Put my RB4084 blade on the back of the MX. I'm going to offset it about 2 feet and start clearing the existing paths in the woods.

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Just over 4 inches of snow to plow/ I lowered the shoes to save some gravel. I got 3/4 of the driveway done when the voice in the back of my head said, "what the hell, the kid ain't going to make it up the drive with that much snow packed down". The voice was actually the better half and I moved the shoes up a notch and did the lower drive a second time. I'll blow the gravel back in March.
Not so many years ago I would have been up long before the sun to clear the drive, brush off the cars, move the cars and clear the parking area. Now the only car that needs to move belongs to the high school kid and I knew they would close. Slept in , had coffee and breakfast , then looked out the window. Less than six inches means no more than a foot at the road thanks to the plow boys so I just kicked back and waited for the snow to stop.
GAWD, I love retirement !

• Haha

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Little better weather today than thunderstorms, driving rain and 40 mph wind gusts we had yesterday. Unloaded the mmm with the B3200. No forks but the bucket and a chain did the trick. The welder even sharpened the blades for me. Put a little orange paint on the patch and lubed her up. Heck of a lot easier to get those 11 zerks when it is off the tractor, especially on that PTO shaft. Once the paint is dry I’ll get it mounted up and we are ready for spring!

Attachments

Reactions: 5 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Like others, blew 3” of wet snow early this morning.

Took to it with back blade after work.

Like @Biker1mike, also lowered my modified shoes after work to ease throwing my stone driveway all over.

Broke both of the mounting carriage bolts on left side.

Thankfully had a few spares ready to go. Will make up some more at TSC shortly. Another 8-12” forecasted for Friday/Saturday.

As an aside, the UHMW liner under the shoes is in almost perfect condition after several years of use. No obvious wear at all.

2833EEAF-121F-441D-9351-DE340B6B298F.jpeg

image.jpg

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I woke up to 3" of snow on the ground this morning with more falling. The day started out as usual heading down the asphalt driveway and blowing snow, but it soon got interesting. On my final pass down the steep gravel driveway where I use the snow blade, I got close to the edge and didn't realize that it was a sheet of ice under the snow. Every attempt to back up or move forward got me closer to going over. I dropped the blade hard into the snow bank, lowered the blower and applied the parking brake. I knew I was in trouble when I decided to unlatch the right side door in case I had to make a hasty exit. :oops: The arrow in the photo below (taken last year) shows the approximate location of where I was this morning when it all went south.

I had just seen my neighbor plowing and sanding/salting his driveway so I called him and asked him to help me out. I have a bunch of equipment to pull the MX out but I needed another person. I went back to the house/garage and grabbed two long tow straps and two shackles, slipped over twice on the ice, and headed back down to the MX. It only took a couple of minutes for my neighbor to pull me away from the edge of certain doom but I wasn't done slipping on the ice yet. Another hard fall was in store for me.

Fortunately I was so close to the edge that my neighbor was able to come up the drive and get past the tractor, and head up my other neighbor's driveway. His truck was pointing downhill when he started to pull which is why I got two straps, so that he'd be past the crest of the driveway. My neighbor's drive heads down for 30 feet or so before the steep climb up.

mx6000_02-28-23.jpg

05.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users

Outnumbered

Equipment
Kubota L3901, FEL, BB1260, RCF2060, FDR2572, Titan Forks, Caryall, 5' Tiller
Oct 26, 2019
Moseley, VA
Tilled the garden over the weekend and then finished splitting a couple of trees I had dropped several weeks ago. The began the process of gathering it and placing it in the barn for the next year or two. Finished with a nice craft cool one to reward a hard days work!
0AB119A1-6540-49A9-B1F8-C363AD389990.jpeg

2B654DFC-07DC-4D78-89F2-666B985ED636.jpeg