What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Yes, both cars are MINI COOPERS
Those two cute little buggers are sitting there, waiting for the road salt to just eat them up.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Deck is done. Little bit of orange paint and she is ready to go back on the B1700. Will grab it on Monday and do a full service on the deck before installing.

Attachments

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Hopped on the B3200 and moved some dirt around where they trenched electrical to the barn. Compacted it a bit with the loaded wheels and left a few high points to settle more. If it keeps getting warmer I may get some grass seed down in early March

Attachments

Reactions: 3 users

Vlach7

Equipment
L47 305DT JD500C
Dec 16, 2021
Frazier Park Ca
Happens about every 10 years we get a good snow, 2011 was our last significant snow. I made a set of chains last summer, yesterday with 1 foot I did not need them, today with an additional foot I knew real fast that it was not going to work without them, well worth the hours I put in changing them from truck chains to tractor chains, no issues, 12hrs plowing yesterday and 6hrs today of mine and the neighbors driveways, about 20 gallons of diesel, I am beat and done, now wait for the sun to melt it, what a blessing with the drought going on here in So. Cal.
IMG_5368.jpg
IMG_5363.jpg

Reactions: 10 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Perhaps when I move more north and upsize to a bigger tractor or CTL I'll get a snowblower.
You're in Michigan so are you thinking about Canada? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I’m a bit late speaking of this, but as in much of the northern part of the nation, we’ve had a bit of winter.

We rarely get wind in our area, but with wind, snow, and sub zero (-38 F one morning actual) temperatures, our Polaris Ranger with the snow plow reached it’s limits on moving snow. About a week ago, our little Kubota 60 came to the rescue….it didn’t “high-center” like the Ranger was continuously doing! memtb
I've had a similar experience with the M6060. It'll go through 3ft of snow like a tank without even using the snow blade or bucket. The LMTV would most likely do the same, but I know that my truck, Jeep and MX would get stuck long before the M6060. Those three vehicles would end up pushing too much snow in front although I can use the snow blade or bucket with the MX.

But if I want to pull a trailer through the woods in deep snow without clearing a trail first, the M6060 would be my first choice. I've yet to try the M1078 (LMTV) and will probably have to wait until I can get a block heater and/or glow plugs installed.

Cannonball

Equipment
LX2601 and LX2963 blower
Feb 25, 2023
Cato Wisconsin
I used my LX2601 and my new LX2963 snowblower for the 7th time snow blowing this winter. I can say this is frustrating. The snowblower has to scoop and push snow to about a depth of 6" before the augers 2.5" off the pavement start to feed the fan. Had 4" of fresh light to medium snow and by the time the blower is throwing snow even with half cuts a steady stream of snow is over flowing the side of the blower in the spots I have just done. Traveling slow to prevent this us no use the fan beats it to slush n freezes in the chute. Go faster and more spills out the sides . There is always a pile in the center of the augers that will only feed into the fan by pushing the pile of snow the augers will not feed the fan themselves. Wish I had my 30 year old blower on my B8200 back it moved snow and didn't spill out the sides better n faster than the new one. If anyone has a suggestion or will the medium duty model be any better? I'm so disappointed right now I'm beside myself everytime I use the new blower I'm more unhappy with it! I live south west of Green Bay Wisconsin. All comments or suggestions appreciated , my dealer says everyone else is happy with them but I don't know how ?

Trustable

Equipment
l2501HST
Jul 5, 2022
Michigan
You're in Michigan so are you thinking about Canada? :ROFLMAO:
I dont know if I would be allowed to stay In Canada , not that I have any desire to anyway. I thought about Alaska, but that is way to far from family. Ive been looking into Montana or possibly northern Wyoming by mountains. I just really like cold temps and boatloads of snow. I’ve thought about the UP but the price for electric is bonkers and it’s so heavily wooded id have to spend a lot of time and money clearing it. not to mention the infrastructure is lacking up there. Id really like to be by some mountains if possible.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Happens about every 10 years we get a good snow, 2011 was our last significant snow. I made a set of chains last summer, yesterday with 1 foot I did not need them, today with an additional foot I knew real fast that it was not going to work without them, well worth the hours I put in changing them from truck chains to tractor chains, no issues, 12hrs plowing yesterday and 6hrs today of mine and the neighbors driveways, about 20 gallons of diesel, I am beat and done, now wait for the sun to melt it, what a blessing with the drought going on here in So. Cal. View attachment 96602 View attachment 96603
Wow....those pics really tell the story. Can't imagine having to deal with that. :oops:

We can get 'snowed in' in my State too (Texas) but it takes a lot less.

meanwhile in texas.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

RMS

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, RCR1260, PFL1242, LX2963, RB1684, WC-68 Chipper,Flail Mower
Sep 26, 2021
Buckfield Maine
I used my LX2601 and my new LX2963 snowblower for the 7th time snow blowing this winter. I can say this is frustrating. The snowblower has to scoop and push snow to about a depth of 6" before the augers 2.5" off the pavement start to feed the fan. Had 4" of fresh light to medium snow and by the time the blower is throwing snow even with half cuts a steady stream of snow is over flowing the side of the blower in the spots I have just done. Traveling slow to prevent this us no use the fan beats it to slush n freezes in the chute. Go faster and more spills out the sides . There is always a pile in the center of the augers that will only feed into the fan by pushing the pile of snow the augers will not feed the fan themselves. Wish I had my 30 year old blower on my B8200 back it moved snow and didn't spill out the sides better n faster than the new one. If anyone has a suggestion or will the medium duty model be any better? I'm so disappointed right now I'm beside myself everytime I use the new blower I'm more unhappy with it! I live south west of Green Bay Wisconsin. All comments or suggestions appreciated , my dealer says everyone else is happy with them but I don't know how ?
2 things I would check are to see if the augers are installed correctly (they should be opposite of each other to have the snow being pulled inwards from both sides) and also check to make sure the shear bolts on the augers and fan are not broken. This is my second winter with the LX2610 and the LX2963 blower and it has not disappointed me at all.

Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I dont know if I would be allowed to stay In Canada , not that I have any desire to anyway. I thought about Alaska, but that is way to far from family. Ive been looking into Montana or possibly northern Wyoming by mountains. I just really like cold temps and boatloads of snow. I’ve thought about the UP but the price for electric is bonkers and it’s so heavily wooded id have to spend a lot of time and money clearing it. not to mention the infrastructure is lacking up there. Id really like to be by some mountains if possible.
NW Montana is a beautiful area. Montana is only ranked 10th in the nation for the highest mountain at a measly 12,799ft, but I bet the mountain density is among the highest in the nation.

I've spent a fair amount of time in Sheridan, WY at the foothills of the Big Horn Mountains. It can be very windy in Northern Wyoming but it sure is beautiful. There seems to be a lot less available land in Wyoming compared to Montana though and way fewer trees. I was in Sheridan in April of last year staying a at farm that had Alpacas and an MX5400. :giggle: I just noticed that one of my dogs managed to get in the photo of the MX.

mx5400_wy.jpg

sheridan_wy_01.jpg

sheridan_wy_02.jpg

sheridan_wy_03.jpg

sheridan_wy_04.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
And I was back in Sheridan again late April and early May of last year staying in a cabin owned by the owner of the Kubota dealership in Sheridan, WY. He's a really great guy and has an awesome cabin on 10 acres with incredible views of the Big Horn Mountains. It was during this trip that I picked up the M6060. The last photo was taken on David's property the morning I was staring the 600 mile trip back to Montana.

Just trying to give you @Trustable and others a sense of Northern Wyoming. I'm haunted by these kinds of places.

sheridan_wy_05.jpg

sheridan_wy_06.jpg

m6060_midsota.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
And I was back in Sheridan again late April and early May of last year staying in a cabin owned by the owner of the Kubota dealership in Sheridan, WY. He's a really great guy and has an awesome cabin on 10 acres with incredible views of the Big Horn Mountains. It was during this trip that I picked up the M6060. The last photo was taken on David's property the morning I was staring the 600 mile trip back to Montana.

Just trying to give you @Trustable and others a sense of Northern Wyoming. I'm haunted by these kinds of places.

View attachment 96657

View attachment 96659

View attachment 96660
So is that area considered 'High Plains"?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
So is that area considered 'High Plains"?
That's a good question, and based on Wikipedia it's not in the High Plains. I love maps so I appreciate questions that lead to maps and learning. I found this amazing map showing the various regions in the US. The High Plains are in Region 25 (light yellow). Sheridan appears to be in the Middle Rockies and Wyoming Basin regions. For some odd reason, #18 isn't shown on the map but I assume it's the pinkish zone covering most of Wyoming.

Level_III_ecoregions,_United_States.png

gmbc

Equipment
B2650HSDC ,bucket, Forks, Front Snow blower, MMM, Tiller, Land Rake
Mar 11, 2016
Dundurn, Saskatchewan, Canada
I went out and cleared some snow for bit. There was not much but she was sitting for too long so went for a ride. I also removed the blower chute actuator and found it was dead . Something wrong in the circuit board as the motor is still good. I bought a new one and have to install and wire in .

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I used my LX2601 and my new LX2963 snowblower for the 7th time snow blowing this winter. I can say this is frustrating. The snowblower has to scoop and push snow to about a depth of 6" before the augers 2.5" off the pavement start to feed the fan.
2 things I would check are to see if the augers are installed correctly (they should be opposite of each other to have the snow being pulled inwards from both sides) and also check to make sure the shear bolts on the augers and fan are not broken. This is my second winter with the LX2610 and the LX2963 blower and it has not disappointed me at all.
Gosh - - @RMS said exactly what I was thinking when I read your post.

Something isn't right.

I've had a JD blower and Kubota blower for over 20 years. Only time I've seen issues like yours are when auger shears are broken. Certainly auger orientation can do the same.

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
Moved some stumps that the wife had dug out with shovel and sawzall and then used the new Landpride RCR1248 to mow a small patch where the forestry mulcher had not gone.

Trustable

Equipment
l2501HST
Jul 5, 2022
Michigan

View attachment 96657

View attachment 96659

View attachment 96660
thanks! I may end up sending you a pm at some point to inquire about Montana specifically! I am looking to buy land in next couple years and build if possible. My main goal is snow, cold, and mountains. there is one mountain in Michigan and it’s basically a hill, but that’s all we got here.

ScottHam

Equipment
Kubota L3560HST-LE 4WD; R4 tires; Armstrong Ag BRG-mini grapple; 1272 box blade
Jul 9, 2022
Texas Hill Country
That's a good question, and based on Wikipedia it's not in the High Plains. I love maps so I appreciate questions that lead to maps and learning. I found this amazing map showing the various regions in the US. The High Plains are in Region 25 (light yellow). Sheridan appears to be in the Middle Rockies and Wyoming Basin regions. For some odd reason, #18 isn't shown on the map but I assume it's the pinkish zone covering most of Wyoming.

View attachment 96668
I love maps like this....Thanks for sharing! After growing up in 10, and living for a while in the southern tip of 58, I sure do enjoy the lack of snow here on the southern edge of 30. :)