What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Understood, I was letting you know that their kit already comes with two switches, which are pictured here below, I'm trying to figure out what could be done with them, as I'm not loving the zip-ties on ROPS look, looks very amateur, which I guess if that's what I'm am, then its on-point.
Oh, I see now and would have to agree. I used a kit that I had planned on running the wiring up inside of the rops and out the hole in the top of the rops. I didn't want any wires exposed on the outside. I had to do some splicing to get the length that I needed but it was no big deal.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Got the mmm off the B1700 and loaded up to go get welded tomorrow.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
With my wife's neck and back issues I bit the bullet and got a 6 foot roto-tiller. We put it together and off she went!
roto1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Center city dig was a bust...

Jackhammering some thick sidewalks...

H4-SIX69-1.JPG

diggy...

H4-SIX69-2.JPG

No sewer line

H4-SIX69-3.JPG

turns out the original assessment was incorrect regarding depth. Once we got down past where we thought the sewer line was supposed to be, I did some quick math with a tape measure and figured it to be in the neighborhood of 9 feet plus. I was told that the line should be about 5 feet in depth. The locator confirmed my suspicion. Dig backfilled and abandoned. Going to repair another way.

backfill the useless hole.

H4-SIX69-4.JPG

Then the rain came :(

• Sad
Reactions: 9 users

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Awhile back someone posted a picture of an ATV 'Basket' that they mounted on their ROPS to have a place to carry small items (cooler. chainsaw, gloves, tools, etc).

I thought that an awful good idea (for my needs) so I followed suit and installed one on my Compact Tractor today.

With warmer weather just around the corner (where I live) it will be nice to have a small cooler full of refreshments with me and a place to throw any small tools I would be using that day.

I would like to give credit to whomever posted that idea, but I don't remember who it was. Anyway....Thank You.

Flint.

Basket01.jpg

Basket02.jpg

Basket03.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

Gary Olson

Equipment
L2501 w/FEL and grapple, 3pt auger
Mar 10, 2022
Mark Twain Forest
Raised bed garden day.
First, take two raised garden beds, remove the soil, and dump onto twice mowed leaf pile.

Add 13 containers per bed of kitchen compost

Mix and fold twice mowed leaves into soil with bucket. Pour into raised garden.

Let sun and rain and worms work on the contents. Plant in 60 days (ish)

Reactions: 5 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
What switches did you use? Have a link? Thanks.
Initially I had two of these, one for my blower chute rotation and the other for the deflector - NOTE they are momentary! :

I ended up replacing both of them with a joystick I obtained from Aliexpress because it was too awkward to hold them down with heavy gloves on.
https://www.orangetractortalks.com/...chute-deflector-conversion.56286/#post-565664 post #10

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Awhile back someone posted a picture of an ATV 'Basket' that they mounted on their ROPS to have a place to carry small items (cooler. chainsaw, gloves, tools, etc).

I thought that an awful good idea (for my needs) so I followed suit and installed one on my Compact Tractor today.

. . .
View attachment 96321
I must have read that same post :) I haven't put mine on yet. I am concerned about limiting the visibility of a rear implement. . .

Have you found that to be an issue?

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
I must have read that same post :) I haven't put mine on yet. I am concerned about limiting the visibility of a rear implement. . .

Have you found that to be an issue?
That concerned me too. Yes, I can see where certain implements (rear grader blade for instance) would be partially obscured by it.

I would have preferred to have mounted my basket lower on the ROPS but the Top Link when fully raised (with some implements) dictates you mount it fairly high. Also any lower (on my tractor) would have been in the way of my rear work light and flashers.

I can easily see behind me and over the basket for 'backing' because I am tall, BUT when looking straight down....it DOES get in the way some. I just installed it today and haven't yet used an implement that requires I monitor its position...but no doubt, it blocks your view to some extent.

Having said all that, for my purposes... it will be more beneficial than a hindrance. Each person needs to decide that for themselves.

Great question!

Flint.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Didn’t take many pics but used the tractor quite a bit today. Road was getting wheel tracks in it, gravel migrating toward ditches, a couple small potholes starting at the edge where it meets the paved state road, ditches silting in a bit, backfill for the tree removed from center of drive finally stabilized enough for a final grade, etc. None of it bad, just needed attention. Didn’t take but about an hour. Would have been much longer without the hydraulic top and side link. Pic almost looks like there’s dirt mixed in with the gravel but that’s actually just wet gravel from the ditch where some was buried under leaves prior to the leaves being blown out today as step one of the process. View attachment 96205 View attachment 96204

Also used the grapple to remove a couple of old scraggly bushes and a 3/4 rotten little section of split rail fence the were tangled in. Kind of sweet to rip all that out and dump it without ever getting out of the seat.

Then back to the bucket to backfill the holes left by the fence posts and bushes. Final touch was getting a couple buckets of chips about a year old out of the main chip pile to use to mulch the area.
Nice work! Looks great.

RMS

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, RCR1260, PFL1242, LX2963, RB1684, WC-68 Chipper,Flail Mower
Sep 26, 2021
Buckfield Maine
Checked all of the fluid levels in prep for tomorrow's storm. While I was at it I replaced the headlight bulbs with LEDs.

Reactions: 1 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Checked all of the fluid levels in prep for tomorrow's storm. While I was at it I replaced the headlight bulbs with LEDs.
So weird. Going to be 80 in the nation's capitol but 100 miles north it's a blizzard warning!
38.7 tons of reag dropped off. At 11.50/ ton this stuff is great for a base layer. It's mixed #2 and #3 size with dust mixed in. Really rough crush concrete and brick. Got maybe 8 tons down this evening before dark. Then it got too hard to tell how thin or thick I was dropping it. Newb problems.
20230222_173418.jpg

Reactions: 8 users

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
B1700 deck at the welders getting fixed. He is going to add some bracing and change around what is there to stabilize this area.

Attachments

Reactions: 2 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Pimped out the mini a little today. First task was to turn the hydraulic thumb cylinder (spin 180 degrees) because the thumb switch was backwards to me. Now, it works as it should. Pull button left to close the thumb.

View attachment 96121

Next up was disconnecting the travel alarm, added a broom hangar and new magnetic phone mount (which I really like so far).

Lastly, some tunes added to the cab. My wife seems to enjoy that update.

View attachment 96122

Good to go.
BEST looking MiniEx operator on the planet !!

ScottHam

Equipment
Kubota L3560HST-LE 4WD; R4 tires; Armstrong Ag BRG-mini grapple; 1272 box blade
Jul 9, 2022
Texas Hill Country
Hydraulic top link was delivered today, and I look forward to installing it on Saturday. It should not be too to difficult, but as a noob it will likely take much longer than expected.....

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
I finished the cross fence & pulled some soil samples in my brome pasture.
6B78873A-F43F-4448-8261-0C8A14712EE6.jpeg

I also checked the progress on my pond clean out. Plan to remove some more dirt between the tractor & the camera. The Kubota didn’t do this. It was a big Cat.
83AAAF30-DED3-49A7-9668-FB974EE86BFA.jpeg

Reactions: 7 users

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
Nice pond, Clay bottom!! Where"s the rain?
I want to take out a little more dirt. Put in a watering lane for the cattle. Then, put some structure in for fish. Shouldn’t take more than a week. After that, let ‘er rain.

Reactions: 1 users