What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Spread the last of the crusher run in to the low spots on the drive. Could use another two loads at least. Someone in Chine is getting pissed about all the rock showing up in their fields

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
Spread the last of the crusher run in to the low spots on the drive. Could use another two loads at least......
Reminds me that I need to order a couple loads for my drive, it has a pretty good base of strip stone, then #57 two separate times, but I think I'll go with crusher run this time.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Reminds me that I need to order a couple loads for my drive, it has a pretty good base of strip stone, then #57 two separate times, but I think I'll go with crusher run this time.

Just checked the weather forecast and we are in to the freezer next week. I may have to wait until spring here

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
Spread the last of the crusher run in to the low spots on the drive. Could use another two loads at least. Someone in Chine is getting pissed about all the rock showing up in their fields

They've been complaining about me for years. I haven't ordered a new load yet. I've decided to box blade down 2-3 inches, put down geo mat of some kind, then re-spread over that, then cover with fresh crusher run. One of these days I'll actually get to that.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
They've been complaining about me for years. I haven't ordered a new load yet. I've decided to box blade down 2-3 inches, put down geo mat of some kind, then re-spread over that, then cover with fresh crusher run. One of these days I'll actually get to that.
My drive is coming up on 3yrs old. Was great until I had a couple dozen mixer trucks on it when the house was built. The contractor did lay fabric when he put the drive in but all that did was cause all the big stuff to squirt out around the sides and make a mess. In some areas I'm scraping them in to a pile to fill other problem areas and then covering with a few inches of crusher run. Need to work on the sides and drainage a bit more as well. Every time I think I got it good in some dry weather, a couple days of rain proves me wrong.

On the bright side it gives me a great couple hours to burn a cigar while puttering around moving stone

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Installed Kat's coolant heaters in the lower rad hoses of my L245 and DT.

34by151

Equipment
bx23s
Jan 12, 2019
Peachester, QLD, Australia
Over the last 3 days have stripped the grass then the topsoil from the 1/2 acre behind the house.

Pilled it all up which was about 20 truck loads, also had 3 truck loads of soil mixed with road base cement and bricks.

Ran that lot though the sieve to get the rocks, grass and rubble out of it

Moved all the piles out of the way and and added ash from from the fire piles and chook poo (one load of ash and 2 of poo)

Next is to profile the back yard and put the top soil back then plant a new a lawn.

Tbucket32

Equipment
B7500
Jul 6, 2019
Puslinch,Ontario Canada
Took my front tires in to get slow leaks repaired...turned out they were both sliced...2 days and 2 new tires later...now both steering knuckles are leaking bad once the load of the front tires were removed. A trip to the dealer late yesterday to get a complete set of front end seals (I'm only going in there once so let's replace everything). In the garage at 4:30 this morning and got one side complete in 2 hours.

What was supposed to be $40 to reseal two tires has turned into over $500!!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Took my front tires in to get slow leaks repaired...turned out they were both sliced...2 days and 2 new tires later...now both steering knuckles are leaking bad once the load of the front tires were removed. A trip to the dealer late yesterday to get a complete set of front end seals (I'm only going in there once so let's replace everything). In the garage at 4:30 this morning and got one side complete in 2 hours.

What was supposed to be $40 to reseal two tires has turned into over $500!!

I also have a knuckle leaking. The seal was cheap and when it gets warmer I'll change it myself.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Moved the L3901 out of the lean-to to be able to get to the log splitter. Been to wet around here to be able to use the tractor without rutting up the woods.

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
A slow leak in both front tires. Taking them in for repair while I'm off. Gotta love the built in jack!

Damn!!!!

How do you hang that? :D:D

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Completed the service on my DT - new hydraulic fluid, screen, and air filter. Oil was done previously.

They went over to the neighbour to dig out a stump for him with the backhoe and sheared off a tiny bolt off the joystick linkage to the hydraulic valves. A piece of stiff wire filled in to finish the job, but I think new bolts will be in store for all four linkages, as they are all rusty and old.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Started them both up and brought them up yo operating temperature, then shut them down and isolated the batteries. Not getting any use this winter so far.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
My tie rod boots arrived today, and now all I need is a warm day to install them. Tractor is a 2003 or 2004 and still have the original boots, and they are not torn! Showing some weathering though.