What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Replaced the starter and now the engine spins over so well compared to the old starter. The shop said the old starter had been full of water and was damaged beyond repair. Also replaced the alternator since it was damaged also in same manner.

I bought the tractor used but I believe the guy said it was from Louisiana so I’m blaming it on some hurricane!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
Replaced the starter and now the engine spins over so well compared to the old starter. The shop said the old starter had been full of water and was damaged beyond repair. Also replaced the alternator since it was damaged also in same manner.

I bought the tractor used but I believe the guy said it was from Louisiana so I’m blaming it on some hurricane!
I would check the trans/hydraulic fluid and front axle for water contamination also.

Russell King

Equipment
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I changed those fluids out when I got the tractor a few years ago. The transmission fluid had water in it, so it’s been changed a couple times already.

And it’s 2wd so not much going on there.

But thanks for the suggestion

Last edited:

motorhead

Equipment
2009 B3200, 2007 Dodge/Cummins powered Ram 2500 395hp
May 17, 2012
Atascadero
Worked my B3200 Kubota for 3 days loading my 14,000 pound dump trailer moving a neighbor. 3 days with the tractor and 4 dump runs! Worked my 2007,5.9 Dodge too pulling the dump trailer to the landfill.

One of the best usages of the Kubota was parking the 4500 pound dump trailer back into the yard. I stood on the floorboards of the tractor to look backwards to see over the dump trailer. I had to wiggle the dump trailer between a fence and my 5th wheel. I couldn't have done it with my truck.

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
For sure moving a trailer is one of my favorite things to do with my 3301, so safe and easy.

But, I have also found another even better tool, my Kubota U25 mini excavator. With a chain on the X's digger bucket, I was able to almost surgically position my tandem axle trailer, using a combo of rotating the house, and offsetting and boom, not to mention locking up one track. The possibilities are endless! Either way, tractor of miniX, beats the heck out of backing up a pickup.

motorhead

Equipment
2009 B3200, 2007 Dodge/Cummins powered Ram 2500 395hp
May 17, 2012
Atascadero
For sure moving a trailer is one of my favorite things to do with my 3301, so safe and easy.

But, I have also found another even better tool, my Kubota U25 mini excavator. With a chain on the X's digger bucket, I was able to almost surgically position my tandem axle trailer, using a combo of rotating the house, and offsetting and boom, not to mention locking up one track. The possibilities are endless! Either way, tractor of miniX, beats the heck out of backing up a pickup.
It would be nice to have a Mini-Ex. I'm just glad I have the B3200. I'm 67, worked at UPS for 30 years and have had 4 back surgeries and one knee replaced. My tractor is one of the Major tools that helps keeping me working on the equipment I like to work on.

Russell King

Equipment
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I did that and store it under a tarp shed now also so it all seems good now, no water in the transmission fluid last time it was changed. Thank you for the suggestion though.

JeepinMaxx

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660, LA243 FEL, RCK54P-23BX MMM, BX2751 QH Subframe, BX2750D 50" Blower
Mar 27, 2018
Columbia, CT
Added much needed safety equipment today

Cut off the bolts, but they were sharp so I added acorn nuts

Reactions: 1 user

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I modified a set of 2" spacers for the front of my B2650.

My son had a pair for a Chevy Colorado 6x120.

I had to relief cut the backside on the mill for the center hub on the tractor and I changed the studs to match the OEM M12x1.25

Everything went well and unless it was you're tractor you would not know it was done.

I was going to take pictures of it all but honestly, I didn't want a sermon about making a modification to my tractor. I found out in another thread that I will die any day now for mounting a light on my ROPS. On top of that I am going to be sued on the way to the graveyard for doing it! Touchy bunch.

Last edited:

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
LOL no sermon, I understand widening the rear but I'm just wondering by essentially widening the front pivot axle how much if any does this help stability?

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
LOL no sermon, I understand widening the rear but I'm just wondering by essentially widening the front pivot axle how much if any does this help stability?
I have 3's on the back. It just balances it all out (makes it look right). Also, pivot or not, the tipping point moves out.

michigander

Equipment
B2601
May 29, 2018
Northern Michigan
Turned the heat down in the garage from 62* to 42* , heat was turned up Friday expecting to use tractor for the 12" of snow predicted.

used the old snow blower on 2" of snow we got.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
NHSleddog, if you get in a pickle with the holes let me know who you use for litigation. :D:D Just this last week I drilled three 3/16" holes in the trailer retriever bar on my truck. Needed to relocate the 7-way plug. I'm sure it's a NO NO.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I was going to take pictures of it all but honestly, I didn't want a sermon about making a modification to my tractor. I found out in another thread that I will die any day now for mounting a light on my ROPS. On top of that I am going to be sued on the way to the graveyard for doing it! Touchy bunch.
Come on now....

Are we being a little bit of a drama queen? :rolleyes: :p :D

Last edited:

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Come on now....

Are we being a little bit of a drama queen? :rolleyes: :p :D
Drama Queen? Come on now....

That is what a person that is the exact opposite of a drama queen hears reading some of the replies from the armchair lawyers with the minors in engineering.

Do users here need to rethink sharing ideas and designs for fear of someone else here using/copying said idea and running afoul and deciding to sue? It is something I never would have given a second thought to in the past, I have always shared the ideas and designs. I am not used to this hyper litigious environment today.

Last edited: