What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Used the L3901DT to pull my Ram with a Cummins out from where it was so I could jump it to start it. I think I just learned something about parking vehicles, don't pull them in where you can't jump them. It was about 15F when I tried to start the truck, but it just wouldn't spin fast enough to fire.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Flip, most farm supply stores have belting by the foot. Don't you have any farmer friends who have any leftover used belts?

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
With my last open station Kubota years ago, I wore a snowmobile suit and a wool face mask. Wasn't pleasant even then. Had a Woods blower and no matter which way I went, was always covered in snow dust.

I need to get a rubber 'snow deflector' for the top of the plow. Was getting quite a bit of snow over the top of the plow at times.

Both my M's have the air cleaner out in the front and I rotated the air intake on the air cleaner to facing back instead of forward. Didn't want the snow plugging the filter. I usually keep it in that position when haying too. Keeps a certain amount of chaff out of the air cleaner.

Cabs have their drawbacks, mostly clearance height wise and side clearance too and one has to remember to close the doors. I made that $1000.00 mistake one time. Hooked the door (open) on a post and in a millisecond, the door shattered and I was out a grand. Interestingly, the door was $995 from the dealer and my deductible was $1000, so I ate the mistake. Live and learn I guess.

I'm always cognizant of the height and width even with the doors closed. Doing hay usually means running close to woodlots and those errant branches can cause damage.

I spent four days last week out in the woods in a tent so I was a bit more conditioned to the cold than normal. I had my Carharts on and skipped the full face mask. Wasn't that cold by the house but once I made the turn out by the road.... Man. The only downfall to the mask is I will need to put a hole in it for my cigar

AndyM

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25DTLB
Sep 21, 2016
Vancouver Island Canada
Built a storage shed to free up some shop space. Moved my offcut bin which is a little smaller than 3 x 8. Good news is I was able to get it moved, forks stood up, bucket didn't bend. I was a little surprised the hydraulics wouldnt lift the bin at all - best I could manage was to hold it level. Will test the PSI (once I get a guage) and shim if required.

Attachments

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

Rosher18

Equipment
L185DT (1977)
Aug 2, 2016
Salem, Oregon
Installed a new-to-me seat! My wife found it at a barn sale during the summer and I never made time to install it. The cover isn't ripped so that means I'll have a dry butt when I get on it for the rest of the winter!

Old is on the fender, new in the operator position. No, I didn't make it a 2-seater L185DT. =P

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

63Flyer

Equipment
L3540,ZD1211-72, RTV-X900
Jul 25, 2013
Dundas,Ont
Built a storage shed to free up some shop space. Moved my offcut bin which is a little smaller than 3 x 8. Good news is I was able to get it moved, forks stood up, bucket didn't bend. I was a little surprised the hydraulics wouldnt lift the bin at all - best I could manage was to hold it level. Will test the PSI (once I get a guage) and shim if required.
Nice lumber Bin! I am going to borrow your idea.

Reactions: 1 user

AndyM

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25DTLB
Sep 21, 2016
Vancouver Island Canada
Enjoy! It's great for sorting (and finding) pieces by wood species, dimension or profile. (As well as keeping a bunch of stuff that will probably never get used)

Big Gee Tn

Equipment
L2501
Dec 12, 2018
White Pine,tn
I got the 2501 stuck moving some equipment around ,down on a hillside,then got both of my 4wd trucks stuck trying to get in back up the hill.Enough for me at 24.7 hours the R4 tires have got to go, going to place an order on wholegoods for a set of R1.This has been an expensive mistake on my part. 5 hours later everything is back to its spot at the house, just a lot dirtier.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I got the 2501 stuck moving some equipment around ,down on a hillside,then got both of my 4wd trucks stuck trying to get in back up the hill.Enough for me at 24.7 hours the R4 tires have got to go, going to place an order on wholegoods for a set of R1.This has been an expensive mistake on my part. 5 hours later everything is back to its spot at the house, just a lot dirtier.
What a pressure washer is for.....My last 4 Kubby's have had R1's. in bias.

My view is 4's are good for lawn mowers and that is about it.

Went out and plowed snow again today. No chains, just R1's. I'm thinking hard about a set of chains just for the front tires. I get a bit of plow steer when doing the road. 11th gear and about 18 mph with a 10,000 pound tractor, drifts are no match. Need a rubber drift guard on the top of the plow too. Been getting a bit of snow over the top lately. Another 4-6 forecast for tonight. Guess I'll be out tomorrow morning doing it again.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Couldn’t use the loader to push it out? Assuming you have a loader that is. I have had my L buried to the floor board and could always use the loader to push it out on its own. Running r4s on mine too.

Big Gee Tn

Equipment
L2501
Dec 12, 2018
White Pine,tn
Yes I do have a loader but no it wasn't any help.The equipment wasn't sunk it just couldnt get traction to go up the hills.The R4 just will not dig or shed the mud.At the first sign of muck the tires just slick over and are useless.It makes me frustrated that my 4wd tractor will not go places that my trucks will.I have very conservative tread design on one of my trucks and it gets around a lot better than my tractor does.I didn't realize that these tires were this bad in mud.I could have saved over $500 on price if I had got the R1.If I was a flatlander I'm sure I could get by a lot better but on the hills and knobs around here they are just not working out.Live and learn.

BT3101

Equipment
L3130 GST, FEL, Taylor Way BH W/Subframe, Rotary Cutter, Pallet Forks
Mar 20, 2016
Evansville, IN, USA
Clearing out around that large tree. It is gonna become a trailer deck, after my friend brings over his sawmill. Ground too soft right now.

20190128_112212.jpg

Stomper

Equipment
2017 L2501. Landpride Mower. Farm King Snow Blower. DIY Root Bucket grapple.
Jun 30, 2017
Northern Canada
Finally dipped below freezing here last night - maybe the 5th night so far this winter. We may have a snow-less winter...
WOW wish I could say the same. it was -42c here the other day but it's nice now. Only -27c

Twohats

Jan 12, 2019
Charlottesville Va
l3301 with grappler.jpg

Got the grappler attached cleaned up some tree tops thats been down for awhile made a fun mess of the patch of woods in front of the cabin.Picked on alot of saplings. Just like being a kid again with a Tonka toy Tractor.LOL
Just getting use to the grappler and tractor.

Danny

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Installed the replacement ignition on the L225 (thanks 007kubotaguy!) and rewired everything under the dash, put some new stickers on the hood, installed SMV sign, flashers, and rear work light, and painted my scraper.