What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

melvinhatcher

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525FEL, 66" QA BUCKET, L8455CRUISE CONTROL KIT, WR LONG 3RD FUNCITIO
Feb 16, 2016
Edgewood Maryland
Yes I do have a loader but no it wasn't any help.The equipment wasn't sunk it just couldnt get traction to go up the hills.The R4 just will not dig or shed the mud.At the first sign of muck the tires just slick over and are useless.It makes me frustrated that my 4wd tractor will not go places that my trucks will.I have very conservative tread design on one of my trucks and it gets around a lot better than my tractor does.I didn't realize that these tires were this bad in mud.I could have saved over $500 on price if I had got the R1.If I was a flatlander I'm sure I could get by a lot better but on the hills and knobs around here they are just not working out.Live and learn.
A few words of cautions, your new R1 tires are taller than the original R4s, therefore your tractor will be taller with a higher center of gravity, which will make your tractor a bit more tippy. Rear ballast and loading your new tires will help you keep all four tires on the ground while negotiating hills and knolls

34by151

Equipment
bx23s
Jan 12, 2019
Peachester, QLD, Australia
What size garden do you have? I'd like to see a pic of that.
We have 14 acres. The house, shed and gardens are located on the bottom 4 acres.
I built the new shed a year ago. We kept all the top soil and made new garden beds using that. After reshaping we still had 24 loads of clay to ship away. As luck would have next door was filling in a dam so he took the fill. We then had 80dm3 top soil left over. Of that ive used all but 20cm3 on the gardens.

We get the mulch free but paid for a truck to ship it. That took 3 hours to bring it in and 3 days to move it onto the gardens. Still need to spread some of it out though. Ill get some pics for you.

Btw the new shed is 30m*18m with a 4m awning on 2 sides

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
What did I do with mine today...

Went out and started it this morning and let it idle for about 30 minutes to get the fluids circulating (it's 15 here and windy). Plowed off the road again where the wind drifted the snow back. Had to use the plow like a bucket to cut the 6 foot high banks back a bit. Brought it up to the bulk tank and topped it off with fuel but before I did, I added 1/4 of a bottle of Power Service to the saddle tanks. Supposed to get to -15 tonight, no higher than -10 tomorrow.

Sure is nice to have the ultra cab. Heat, air ride seat and a good am-fm tune box. Plowing in my Tee shirt. Road is hard packed now and a bit icy but 10,000 pounds of tractor and plow does the job just fine.

I'd be happy with no more snow and 60 degrees tomorrow.

kevinj

Equipment
L3940hstc - B7500hst - BX1860 - Farmall 560D - Farmall M
Jun 4, 2018
Michigan
What did I do with mine today...

Went out and started it this morning and let it idle for about 30 minutes to get the fluids circulating (it's 15 here and windy). Plowed off the road again where the wind drifted the snow back. Had to use the plow like a bucket to cut the 6 foot high banks back a bit. Brought it up to the bulk tank and topped it off with fuel but before I did, I added 1/4 of a bottle of Power Service to the saddle tanks. Supposed to get to -15 tonight, no higher than -10 tomorrow.

Sure is nice to have the ultra cab. Heat, air ride seat and a good am-fm tune box. Plowing in my Tee shirt. Road is hard packed now and a bit icy but 10,000 pounds of tractor and plow does the job just fine.

I'd be happy with no more snow and 60 degrees tomorrow.
Hey Flipper..... where about are you in the mitten?

Bout the same conditions here west of Grand Rapids, I96 pretty much closed from there to Muskegon.

Oh & I run the the old GL3940HSTC with blower a lot this week. Prolly tomorrow & Thursday too if the guessers are right.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Checked the oil and plugged in the battery tender,,, you know just in case

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Hey Flipper..... where about are you in the mitten?

Bout the same conditions here west of Grand Rapids, I96 pretty much closed from there to Muskegon.

Oh & I run the the old GL3940HSTC with blower a lot this week. Prolly tomorrow & Thursday too if the guessers are right.
I'm in the 'wrist'. 2 miles south of the Cabelas Store in Dundee, Michigan or 18 miles north of Toledo, Ohio. Just close enough to smell the stink if the wind is blowing right....:eek:

You get lake effect, we don't. We get the Chicago storms and the wind. MY ground 'up north' by Big Rapids gets the lake effect snow all the time. 12 miles west of White Cloud, exit 131 on 131. Easy to remember.

Just glanced at the outside thermometer... Says 3 above.

I used to run Norton Shores all the time when I worked (I'm retired now). I remember running across 96 and it being sunny and nice until you got to Ionia and then from Ionia to to Muskegon, it was like the north pole. I don't miss that. Hauling 105 thousand pounds of steel on snow and ice covered roads makes you old quickly.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Checked the oil and plugged in the battery tender,,, you know just in case
Everytime I check the oil, it's always in the same place on the dipstick. Guess Kubota's don't use any. No tender here, no juice to power it. Never needed one anyway.

aeblank

Jun 19, 2013
Cadillac, MI
Mine wouldn't start this morning!
Some power service 911, battery charger, torpedo heater, and continuing on with the block heater fixed it all up 45 min later.

I think all it needed was power service a few weeks ago. It has fuel from....? October? in it....

Anyway, by the time all that, I had to leave. So I blew tonight after kids went to bed. 0F with a realfeel of -17. I wore my ski helmet with goggles, which helped a lot. Had to have been 16" with truck tracks in it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

kevinj

Equipment
L3940hstc - B7500hst - BX1860 - Farmall 560D - Farmall M
Jun 4, 2018
Michigan
I'm in the 'wrist'. 2 miles south of the Cabelas Store in Dundee, Michigan or 18 miles north of Toledo, Ohio. Just close enough to smell the stink if the wind is blowing right....:eek:

You get lake effect, we don't. We get the Chicago storms and the wind. MY ground 'up north' by Big Rapids gets the lake effect snow all the time. 12 miles west of White Cloud, exit 131 on 131. Easy to remember.

Just glanced at the outside thermometer... Says 3 above.

I used to run Norton Shores all the time when I worked (I'm retired now). I remember running across 96 and it being sunny and nice until you got to Ionia and then from Ionia to to Muskegon, it was like the north pole. I don't miss that. Hauling 105 thousand pounds of steel on snow and ice covered roads makes you old quickly.
Used truck myself, loaded heavy with pig iron from river rouge docks by the river [Nicholson I think] over to muskegon area.

Where did u deliver in the shores?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Used truck myself, loaded heavy with pig iron from river rouge docks by the river [Nicholson I think] over to muskegon area.

Where did u deliver in the shores?
Couple stamping houses, we sold mostly automotive steel strip. I worked for a private carrier. Hauled just our own product and I used to pick up master coils at Nicholson and Detroit Marine Terminals.

Don't miss trucking at all though I do own a tractor trailer for hauling grain. International Eagle double bunk with a 3406 and a 13. 42 foot hopper bottom Fontaine tandem axle trailer.

My Kubota's and the big truck are sleeping today. Not fooling with anything, too cold.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I finally broke down and ordered 2-link ladder front tire chains. Been considering them for several years.

This winter has been snow/real cold/rain, repeat....everything is too icy to steer the BX well.

Will be in Friday.

Will send pictures when I put them on.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I finally broke down and ordered 2-link ladder front tire chains. Been considering them for several years.

This winter has been snow/real cold/rain, repeat....everything is too icy to steer the BX well.

Will be in Friday.

Will send pictures when I put them on.
My next purchase as well for the M9. Just fronts.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
My next purchase as well for the M9. Just fronts.
Had rear chains forever. Necessity for me on my little tractor.

There are concerns with front chains binding the 4WD front drive system/gearing and causing undue wear or failure. Of course, tight turning on solid ground could be the most obvious problem.

I will be careful not to have 4WD engaged when traction is solid enough to cause some grief.

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Had rear chains forever. Necessity for me on my little tractor.

There are concerns with front chains binding the 4WD front drive system/gearing and causing undue wear or failure. Of course, tight turning on solid ground could be the most obvious problem.

I will be careful not to have 4WD engaged when traction is solid enough to cause some grief.

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk
Would only be straight line running (plowing) not anything else. I have no need for chains except to mitigate plow steer and even that isn't bad unless I pushing big drifts. I have the weight (close to 10,000 pounds)with the plow on. Amazing how much snow it will plow the way it is with no chains. First time out I was plowing 4 foot drifts on the road, no issue.

I've always been careful with both tractors. Big investment. Don't use the 105 in the winter at ll, just the M9. Fopr me, the 9 fits my persona better.

Big Gee Tn

Equipment
L2501
Dec 12, 2018
White Pine,tn
Hats off to Kubota wholegoods -I ordered a complete set of R1 tires and wheels Monday ,dealer called Wednesday said he had them and I installed today.***128077;***127995;

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Hats off to Kubota wholegoods -I ordered a complete set of R1 tires and wheels Monday ,dealer called Wednesday said he had them and I installed today.***128077;***127995;
Wher do these numbers come from ?I have seen them on other post.
the numbers are those assigned to particular ascii characters that are not recognised by this and many other bulletin boards. Tablets and phone designers decided to make available characters that are rarely used in the computer world for some odd reason.

128077 is code for a thumbs up fist emoji
127995 not sure which that one is.

Last edited: