What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Sharryn,

Welcome and congrats! Nice to see another lady "operator" join our family. My wife has taken to our L3800HST like a duck to water. My old Ford was too hard for an "automatic drivin' girl" but the HST has made the difference and you don't have to ask her twice to run the thing.

Welcome aboard!!!

sitdwnandhngon,

If you don't have pictures, IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!! :D

(I been thinking of aux lights but I don't do much snow removal in the dark out here...)

sitdwnandhngon

Equipment
B7100
Aug 25, 2015
NY, USA
Sharryn,

Welcome and congrats! Nice to see another lady "operator" join our family. My wife has taken to our L3800HST like a duck to water. My old Ford was too hard for an "automatic drivin' girl" but the HST has made the difference and you don't have to ask her twice to run the thing.

Welcome aboard!!!

sitdwnandhngon,

If you don't have pictures, IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!! :D

(I been thinking of aux lights but I don't do much snow removal in the dark out here...)
I will snap pictures, I actually have another set coming in the mail today, they are going to replace the original front assemblies under the hood so I can light up the world at 4am all winter.

It turned into a bit of a project actually, the dynamo wasn't charging when I tested it so I had to fab a bracket to fit a delco alternator, trim some tin back, then wire everything in before I could even think of lighting.

Black Dog Chainsaw

Aug 19, 2015
Indianola IA
Got my new 10' diameter culvert in... The L2900 wouldn't handle placement but it will be doing all the grunt work on clay back fill/top fill.

I'm 6' 3" in the green shirt to give you some scale idea...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

retyred57

Equipment
L3901 HST, Ag tires, LA525 FEL, Landpride 66" boxblade, BE 60" rotary cutter
Aug 3, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Finished cutting a clearing at my neighbours, wanted to wash the dust off the 3901 but the pressure washer wouldn't work #&%!^%. Had to wash it with pails of water. Taking it to the dealers on Tuesday for the 50hr first service.

Sharryn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
'15 B3350, LA534A Loader, Land Pride RTA1258 Tiller, BH77 Backhoe, Forks
Aug 31, 2015
Alexandria, PA USA
I agree with you! I already don't know how I lasted this long without it. Today was my manure day also. I cleaned out the goat stall and everything went on the garden. Tomorrow I have plans for her as well so we're going to be busy. And as soon as it cools down some I'll be splitting wood and she'll really come in handy for hauling it up to stack. Winter is going to be fun too. I can't wait to try that float setting on the loader, especially with a gravel driveway.

Attachments

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Watched my son mow with the 60" 3 pt mower. That thing cuts like nothing else i have. And its so good on fuel i have to stop periodically and let some out....

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Tooljunkie, there's your heating solution. Give up the pellet production process. Use heating oil. Let the tractor keep the tank full!!!!!;)

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Saw last week that the fan belt on my B7100 was holding on by a thread !!!
Proceeded to :
take hood off - check
take starboard engine panel off -check (only after taking air cleaner unit off !)
drain radiator - check
take PTO panel off - check
mmmm......how the hell does all this come apart......
upper hose off - check
lower hose - was a royal PITA...check
gotta take all those screws out that hold shroud in place - check
pull on radiator .....nada ......
O - two little sum beauuuches that hold the hydraulic cooler to radiator.....ok - check
get radiator off........check
what the hell - take fan off ......not so fast my friend ......
wish I had a small impact .....but a hammer and ratchet ....check
FOUND out that fan was WHITE in color......45 minutes later....check!
now for the idler pulley .......no ratchet box end , so slow and easy ......
NEW belt on , tighten the little bugger - check !
fan on
now to get the radiator back on ....somewhat a PITA, getting those two long bolts to start WHILE getting everything back in line.....check!
panel back on.......

double check all bolts and nuts and hoses......

figure while here, I ought to clean the machine inside and out! Little vinegar in the radiator and rest water.....
fired her up and ran for 20 minutes .......mmmmmmm
was hitting 208.....now at 182 ( OK - not cutting grass - so old girl didnt have any pressure on her)

still trying to keep the grass and what not from covering the radiator and everything else.....

now to flush and replace antifreeze !:D:)

Attachments

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
85Hokie, Re: your fan belt post #1952, thanks for the lesson -- I was planning to replace mine although it isn't nearly as bad as yours. I understand that the correct procedure is to buy the replacement belt and keep it in a cool, dry place until the current belt removes itself. :D

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
85Hokie, Re: your fan belt post #1952, thanks for the lesson -- I was planning to replace mine although it isn't nearly as bad as yours. I understand that the correct procedure is to buy the replacement belt and keep it in a cool, dry place until the current belt removes itself. :D
after doing it once , the second time would not be half as bad...... i think i could do it in about 90 minutes if I had the right mind set.

really is not as bad as I thought. Getting to the petcock on the radiator and turning it 90 degree is a pita and then finally getting the radiator off was the worst part. !

I found out that the PO did a half a$$ job of putting stuff back in place........

i found a few 6mmx1" that were missing from the get go - A little trip to tractor supply solved that problem!:)

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
I started gutting my tack room in my barn. The termites had eaten up a bunch of the wood. They all got treated awhile back and after tearing out two walls of plywood, I retreated the areas they had tracked up through. I am going to fir out the wall and insulate it all around and in the ceiling.

Took two loads to get todays demo up to the dumpster. Thank God for a 4wd jumbo power wheelbarrow.

Attachments

otter

Equipment
L3800, LA524 loader, BH77 backhoe, thumb, box blade small wood lot log grapple
Sep 26, 2014
Chase, Alaska
My used L3800 came with a frozen nut on the adjustable 3PH lower arm. The effort to loosen that nut (penetrating oil, heat and the largest pipe wrenches I have) resulted in a slightly bent threaded shaft (me thinks the former owner spun it the wrong way to loosen it and locked it on). It would still turn but with more effort than I wanted to use, so a new one was ordered . The right side got the new, easy to adjust arm while the 'fixed' (left side) arm was replaced by the bent adjustable arm. That has allowed me to put some serious angle on the box blade and use the ripper teeth to loosen soil for a future garden area.

Also, used a suggestion on this forum to make a 50%/50% solution of acetone and antifreeze for a penetrating oil. Multiple applications of this on the 3PH speed drop adjustment knob shaft has that spinning and usable.

Busy felling trees to create a 'defensible' space around my buildings should a forest fire ever sweep through. Skidding trees with chain and the box blade to lift, cutting logs into stove length and pushing limbs into a winter burn pile.

Have next summers shop site cleared and debris ready to burn.

mikes1165

Equipment
L3901DT, LA525FL, King Kutter 6' finishing mower, 5' Bush Hog Squealer,Box blade
Jul 30, 2015
Mulga
Skidded 4 trees and a trailer load of logs and limbs that I pulled out of my creek to the burn pile and bushhogged 5 acres of pasture.

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Also, used a suggestion on this forum to make a 50%/50% solution of acetone and antifreeze for a penetrating oil. Multiple applications of this on the 3PH speed drop adjustment knob shaft has that spinning and usable.
Antifreeze? That's a new one. Did you mean Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF)?