What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Was out this morning plowing my driveway again of the snow that came late last evening. It cleared and was -11 degrees when I got up this morning. I think a cab building is in my future.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
More movin-rakin-smoothin-diggin-haulin...

Couple more good days and we should be done... until the rebuild starts.

One more cactus island to go...

Used the HF slings to pull that giant succulent out of the ground after we dug on it for a half hour... Made it in one piece.

Attachments

Last edited:

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
More movin-rakin-smoothin-diggin-haulin...

Couple more good days and we should be done... until the rebuild starts.
To us northern folks there is something missing............Where is the snow? I'm not a fan of the desert however that is a nice place you have going on there ;)

Little Orange

Equipment
Kubota BX25D TLB, hitch frame, FEL forks, 3pt steel ballast and back blade
Dec 8, 2013
Comox Valley, BC Canada
First of all a big THANK YOU to this forum and all the wonderful people who post great comments, ideas, solutions, designs, jokes, thoughts and of course the pictures the best part by far.

Second have been able to educate this first tractor owner on the ins and outs of the fun and I mean fun of enjoying tractoring.

Dug a nice big rose flower bed for the Mrs. outside the back door yard. Oh, and changed the oil on the little beast, now at 245 hrs., having missed three months of tractor time due to family duties.

Now, a question, thinking of a FEL boom pole to help with constructing a building with the BX25DTLB any suggestions?

Oh, and the daffies are up 6", sorry folks just had to say it.

Alexisferos

Equipment
L-1501 DT
Oct 24, 2013
Greece
Ray have you thought to create a underground water harvesting tank.

i see in some of your photos that the water pipes are going at the ground

i think that at this time when the yard is still at creation point you can dig and put one big tank like this

and you can have free water for the back yard or ever for washing the kubota.

here in Greece we don't have problem with the water but i have create mine at the farm with 3 cheap tanks like this and a 12v solar powered water pump.
its totally a autonomous system and it just needs one time per year to clean the filters, i water the pants or the chickens.

Attachments

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
So,Ray- im goin to need your address.once i find a motorhome im heading south and will need a place to park.just kidding,actually im going to send you some snow.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Alex,

Yes! I am actually thinking of that idea. When we get rains out here in the summer, we can get an inch of rain in 15 minutes. Winter rains, like that we had this weekend spread the inch over two days. It would be nice to catch some of this. I have a 2500 gallon tank like that on my well.

TJ,

I'll take every flake you can send my way but, I need them starting the 4th of July. Can you store them for me? :)

God bless all you hearty souls in the frozen North! I lived up there (NY and Illinois) in my youth and when the Air Force offered me three options: Minot N.D., Malmstrom, MT, or Tucson, AZ, I said, "WAIT! THAT LAST ONE!!! That's in the desert isn't it? SEND ME THERE!!!" Then, I flew in the winter for nearly 30 years getting a taste of it routinely almost every week. I came to the realization that:

1. Heat is annoying after awhile. But with water and a little shade, you make out just fine.
2. Cold will kill you in dead in two hours if you are not prepared.

Be careful up there gang!

Buse

Equipment
B6100 with FEL
Oct 3, 2011
Sweden
I spent close to four hours clearing snow. Temperatue have been swinging above and below freezing point for quite a while. And on top of this we got some wet snow. Very heavy. My tiny B6100 had to lift a lot of snow outside the garden. I try to get it outside or I have my lawn full of gravel.
This week we had more snow on top of the ice and snow mixture. This is cases when Dual Traction and chains on the rear wheels quite nice to have.

Attachments

Homesteader

Equipment
L2000
Jan 6, 2015
Franklin Co, Alabama
Working on a seat repair

I took the seat off my L2000 and stripped it down to the pan, welded up the cracks, and painted the now stronger thean factory pan. I'll be re-covering it over the next day or so. In the process I'm deciding whether I want to modify the seat rest from the two rubber "rests" to something more "springy". The attached image is just a mock-up, but I'd welcome any feedback!

Attachments

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I got inspired by Ray in Cave Creek, and decided to relocate some cacti.

Been lookin' but can't find them to relocate!!

Attachments

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2620, fel, RB1560, Piranha Tooth Bar
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
A gift from a friend....39 inch breaker bar... warning label says not to exceed 1000 lbs of torque...what a gift, gonna go crack some nuts.

Attachments

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
RCW,

All my relocated cacti say, "BRRRRRRRRR!" :p

Truth: You gotta be careful in the high desert country in AZ. Cacti don't drop their stickers -EVER. If you are walking off-road in snow drifts you gotta be really careful to avoid a scrub of cacti growing against a rock or other outcropping that helps drifting. You might not see them under a drift... OUCH!!!

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Yep, gotta watch out for that "Jumping Cholla" also- some say it will get you from 3 or 4 feet. Probably through a snow bank.:D:rolleyes:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Yep, gotta watch out for that "Jumping Cholla" also- some say it will get you from 3 or 4 feet. Probably through a snow bank.:D:rolleyes:
I had a little black cat that I named Cholla for reasons as stated above...:D

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I got inspired by Ray in Cave Creek, and decided to relocate some cacti.

Been lookin' but can't find them to relocate!!
Ray, Lil Foot and Sheepfarmer -

FINALLY FOUND ONE!!

Never been west of the Mississippi, but dayum, I think I got a good one!!

Cholla never came to my mind when I found it... are you guys whimpy???

Any suggestions to where it should go??

Sun?

Shade?

Mud holes (we don't have any of them right now)?

Is 12" of frost a problem?

:p:p:p

Attachments

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Painted and test fit a box blade today. Gonna have to brake down and paint the bota now !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Painted and test fit a box blade today. Gonna have to brake down and paint the bota now !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like it might be home made? Back wall's curve looks like it was a hot water heater tank. Does it have shanks?

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Looks like it might be home made? Back wall's curve looks like it was a hot water heater tank. Does it have shanks?
No shanks, and yes it is homemade. Traded some cheap lawn implements that I had given to me, for it and a middle buster. Had to fix a couple welds on it, change the pins, and it was never painted by the looks of it. Gonna try it tomarrow out on the road and fill some pot holes and see how it works.

I have access to a cutting edge off an old dozer so I'm considering welding it to the back and angled backwards so i can crank up the front facing edge to smooth with it also. Cutting edge is 140 miles away at my dads, so I'll make sure he brings it to his place, and I'll pick it up the next time we go for a visit.