What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I'm going to go play in the mud! :D
Report later... and of course pictures of the fine... mess! ;)

Alexisferos

Equipment
L-1501 DT
Oct 24, 2013
Greece
i had some firewood from last year at the farm and i decide to load the beast.
i think it was too much (over 1 ton) because the beast was blowing black smoke when going uphill to the road with 4H speed.

Attachments

zbhover

Equipment
B2620, 60" MMM
Jun 14, 2014
Glasford IL
www.zbcreations.com
Last week they were running fiber optics down our road and the company put lots of ruts in gravel in front of our house. My wife called the county and asked them about it and they were nice enough to take care of it....... They did bring out maybe 2 tons of gravel and spread it a bit, but they put it in the wrong spot, I guess they didn't see the 6" deep ruts 20' over..... LOL

That's ok it gave me an excuse to jump on the B2620, knock the high spots down while the ground was soft, and then drag the gavel over to fill everything in. I got it smooth out and looking pretty good in time for 6-8" of snow tomorrow.

I also got the wife talked into the fact that we "need" a FEL for the B2620. :D Our whole drive area needs LOTS of gravel, I don't think its been down for 15+ years and a loader would sure make it a easy job. The areas circled in blue need white rock, plus we have lots of landscaping to do, need a few tons of dirt around the house, etc..............

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Alex,

Great looking trailer! Did you make that up as well? Beautiful scenery in your country... I remember visiting as a kid back in the 60's. Looks like you have no shortage of firewood. Love your posts and pics. :)

ZB,

The FEL will double the usefulness of your tractor. Whether moving gravel or dirt or even big pots for the back yard, the FEL is very handy. And, if you have a wheelbarrow, the loader is ten times easier because its bigger and you can move it without sweating and then dump it precisely where you want it. I don't know how many boxes of stuff I have hauled to my barn after moving in, just with the loader.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yea I'm still kicking it around here, my latest mud pics just don't do it justice. ;)
Had just a light dusting of snow today, makes the mud that much more fun! :eek:

Alexisferos

Equipment
L-1501 DT
Oct 24, 2013
Greece
Alex,

Great looking trailer! Did you make that up as well? Beautiful scenery in your country... I remember visiting as a kid back in the 60's. Looks like you have no shortage of firewood. Love your posts and pics. :)

ZB,

The FEL will double the usefulness of your tractor. Whether moving gravel or dirt or even big pots for the back yard, the FEL is very handy. And, if you have a wheelbarrow, the loader is ten times easier because its bigger and you can move it without sweating and then dump it precisely where you want it. I don't know how many boxes of stuff I have hauled to my barn after moving in, just with the loader.

Ray thanks for your good worlds.
the sky here in Greece is wonderful indeed. :)
the trailer is a very cheap work in progress 5 years now.
i have spend for it only 60€ and its 90% ready, it only needs new tires and an orange paint of it.
its full customizable with removable panels etc.
i will post it when its ready. :)

now as for the firewood indeed i don't have to much place for them.
that's why i carry as much as i can when they finish.

the FEL, its a dream, but they are really expensive here in Greece, i look every time that i can for a second hand FEL even from some other tractor but they are really rare.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Wolfman, no danger of mud here. Zero last night, snow all day, temp got up to a whopping 6 degrees and right now we have 15" and still snowing. It was a little cold plowing with my B2920 and no cab today. Get to plow more tomorrow cleaning up, then Wed when it is supposed to storm again, then Thurs, for that storm. Got to love winter, I do. I am beginning to wish I had a snow blower for my Kubota as I am beginning to run out of room to pile it. Maybe next year.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
We got 14 inches which blew around into 3 ft drifts. Liberated the tractor from the horse barn with a shovel, then used the loader to pick up the drifts in front of the shed to liberate "little orange" the Ingersoll. Back bladed barn bank and scooped up the snow and made a couple of 10 foot piles. Igloos anyone? Got out the Ingersoll that is the only snowblower/ lawnmower with chains and loaded tires in town, and blew some paths over to the sheep shed. Cleared the 12 foot gate that I need to open to get the tractor through tomorrow for part two of snow clearing. Took me all day and I can't get warm. Tractor was wonderful, I need more practice before I quit my day job :eek: More snow tomorrow night. :D Hope I have thawed out by then!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I went out and cleared my new snomud driveway the best I could and I cleared the snogravel road too... This insanity must stop!:(

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I went out and cleared my new snomud driveway the best I could and I cleared the snogravel road too... This insanity must stop!:(
Not looking promising. The January forecast issued in December showed a higher probability for it being warm and dry in the northwest corner of the country, so noaa got that part right. We have equal chances of darn near anything :(

Http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/produc...ason/13_seasonal_outlooks/color/churchill.php

I love this site, so much information! The local noaa forecasters in Grand Rapids are quite candid about their forecasts and sometimes funny.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
sheepfarmer, I looked at the noaa site and for my area I just as well read the horoscope. Everything has an average chance of being average.

By the way, I appreciate your posts. You impress me with your tenacity.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Thanks D2, stubborn is my middle name, and I enjoy OTT, I've learned a whole lot. Beats doing it the hard way.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
A couple weeks ago I was talking to the lady who owns the local feed store. I asked if she was enjoying the weather. It was extremely cold, and I was really just teasing her!

She began to tell me how she enjoyed it. So I thought she was just teasing me. Turns out she was raised in North Dakota and sincerely enjoys cold weather.

I told her she is the only woman I've ever met that outspokenly enjoyed cold weather.

When I read your post I think of her! Two women who like the cold!!!!!

That picture of your team. Can you make it so we can click on it and make it larger?

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
A couple weeks ago I was talking to the lady who owns the local feed store. I asked if she was enjoying the weather. It was extremely cold, and I was really just teasing her!
She began to tell me how she enjoyed it. So I thought she was just teasing me. Turns out she was raised in North Dakota and sincerely enjoys cold weather.
I told her she is the only woman I've ever met that outspokenly enjoyed cold weather.
When I read your post I think of her! Two women who like the cold!!!!!

That picture of your team. Can you make it so we can click on it and make it larger?
I can deal with the winter cold most of the time, but I hate the dark short days. Fortunately we are on the uptick, light until almost 6:30 already.

Don't think I can change that picture's resolution when it is in the signature, but it is in my album and you can click on it there and it gets bigger. The three sheepdogs will be pleased!

SDMauler

Equipment
2009 BX2360TV60, RCK60B-23BX
Aug 8, 2014
Parker, SD
Hi, new to the forums, but I've owned my BX2360 for 6 years now. Really like the forums and discussions on this site. Obviously, a dedicated bunch of orange enthusiasts!

Also have the 60 inch belly mower, 60 inch front blade, and a 50 inch rototilling (Land Pride). Couldn't be happier with all of the equipment. Decided to ballast the rear tires with RV antifreeze this year. Now, I can actually run out of power before I run out of traction, especially with the chains on.

We got 6 inches Sunday night, so I got all of that moved, including a couple larger drifts. Even plowed out the neighbors driveway!

We moved to South Dakota after living in Alaska for 27 years, so we know from cold weather!

djm1204

Equipment
L4600 HST, FEL, Root Rake, Land Pride Grapple, Two way radio
Aug 11, 2014
Dunnellon, FL, USA
I spent the day working on clearing 3.5 acres in sunny Florida, only 73 degrees today. The roots of these palmetto plants are brutal, the plant is only 3 feet tall, but some of the roots are six feet long, deep and have up to a 8 inch diameter.

res

Equipment
L3301HST, 7' back blade
Oct 25, 2014
Cadillac, Mi
We have had a lot of cold lately but very little snow. The wind kicked up big time and we only got an inch or so of snow but it put it in piles that were rather inconvenient. Since I had not plowed in a couple of weeks, I spent an hour plowing. Not much but it at least was a good taste for a while.