What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
A friend of mine called and said "I got an extra 5 tons of driveway gravel do you want it?" Well DUH :p So I went and picked it up he loaded it in to my dump trailer with his Bobcat (with Kubota engine). brought it home and took all of about 15-20 minutes to spread it out :) It wasn't enough seat time but now that the weather is starting to dry out a bit that will change :D

gurn

Equipment
Kubota L175
Apr 15, 2011
Nashville,Tn
Good looking tool box Burt and I'm envious of your work shop:eek: or might I say guys play room.
All I did today to my Kubota was attach a machete with sheath to the ROPS so I can get it easy when I need it.

Burt

Equipment
L3700SU, box blade, 6 foot rhino blade, 1 bottom plow, 3 point receiver hitch.
Mar 24, 2012
Goldendale, WA USA
Gurn:

Thanks for the compliments. The shed is named "OTINDA." It is a made up word which is a combination of redneck, pidgeon English, Norwegian, Irish, German and mostly a lot of a lot of. It means: "Out In Da Shed." Thus: OTINDA SHED. It is 30X40, stem wall, steel sided, wired and a woodstove for Winter. Yes, it is my man cave. My happy place. But if I could, I'd put the Kubota in the living room.

I almost didn't post the tool box because I know most folks can't get one made. However, after searching online, the closest ones were 20" and some at 24" long but not the right height or width. The dimension that I used is perfect for the space and I hope someone can make use of those dimensions like I was able to. I think I can get a 6 pack in it.

Burt

Burt

ecook280

Equipment
Kubota B8200HSTD
May 1, 2012
Ohio
Well not just today but over the last week, since I got my new to me 84 B8200 HSTD with loader, changed engine oil and filter, air filter, fuel filter, hydraulic oil and filter and cleaned the strainer, fixed the electrical issues (2 disintegrating fuse holders fixed everything), started looking into what it was going to take to swap the turfs out for Ag's or R4's, dug up some sod for the wifes new flower bed, moved a bunch of railroad ties, leveled some topsoil, wow its been a busy week, 10 more tons of topsoil being delievered today should finish up the front yard renovations.

JCHopkins

Equipment
ZEN-NOH ZL1500
May 7, 2010
Montgomery,TX
Over the past month I have changed the oil seals on the main axles, replaced my clutch, changed hydraulic fluid, replaced reverse gear, rebuilt my steering box (Thank you Vic!) changed the bushings on the steering side of the spindles with new bearings and seals, and replaced the muffler. Thanks for all the information I found here. She is running great, still could use some paint though. God Bless.

cummings

Equipment
BX1860
Oct 2, 2011
North Florida
Gurn. Oil that chopper well. I have one in a sheath on the rops and playing in the rain one day resulted in a rusty chopper next time i pulled it out...

gurn

Equipment
Kubota L175
Apr 15, 2011
Nashville,Tn
Thanks for the advice cummings, didn't think of that.
Finally got around to painting the break petals yellow. I never did it because I didn't really like that look but now that it's done I like it.

Attachments

Burt

Equipment
L3700SU, box blade, 6 foot rhino blade, 1 bottom plow, 3 point receiver hitch.
Mar 24, 2012
Goldendale, WA USA
Took the Orange happy tractor out, moved a monster rock and some dirt where I couldn't mow, now I can. Had 2 friends over and we split and loaded what was left of a large Oak tree limb that came down in a Winter freeze here. Everybody went home with lots of BTU's and the loader put it in their trucks.

Put my Orange happy tractor back OTINDA SHED for the night.

Burt

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
Thanks for the advice cummings, didn't think of that.
Finally got around to painting the break petals yellow. I never did it because I didn't really like that look but now that it's done I like it.
Why did you paint them Yellow , I love my Kubota but its no where close to my Yellow tractors, just saying

Profnohair

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1500, 42" bh, box blade, G6200HST, Mahindra 450 with BH, FEL, etc.
Today, while preparing the ground to install an above ground swimming pool, I managed to rip the sewer pipe out of the ground with the box blade. Luckily it was in an area that was easy to get to near the end of the run.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Sounds like your sewer pipe isnt that far in the ground which doesnt make sense. Might want to think about moving the pool away from the sewer line. If it ever has to be dug up and replaced then you'll have to take the pool down.

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
They look good, just like the factory intended for them to be. I wish that was all I needed to be completed in my repaint. Of course i think I actually have to start to get it finished.

Last edited:

Profnohair

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1500, 42" bh, box blade, G6200HST, Mahindra 450 with BH, FEL, etc.
Sounds like your sewer pipe isnt that far in the ground which doesnt make sense. Might want to think about moving the pool away from the sewer line. If it ever has to be dug up and replaced then you'll have to take the pool down.
It is a temporary type pool and the sewer pipe is only 6 months old so I do not anticipate any more problems. The pipe goes down further as it progresses. This was at the beginning end of the run.

Buse

Equipment
B6100 with FEL
Oct 3, 2011
Sweden
I changed the old AICO control valve, and all the oils and filters. Also added some blue paint on much needed areas.
It seems that whenever I fix an oil leak, there will be a new smaller oil leak. :mad: My next "project" is the rear axle shaft...Must be some kind of gasket inside the brake shields? Any suggestions?

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Your repair would be dependent on what model tractor you have. But, if I was guessing it would be an earlier "B" style tractor. If so, behind the brake drum(s) I believe there will be an "O" ring serving as an oil seal.

gurn

Equipment
Kubota L175
Apr 15, 2011
Nashville,Tn
After changing the oil today I inspected the coolant level and I think it was a bit to high. According to the pic in the owners manual which isn't very clear the level should be to the bottom of the filler tube about 3" or so down. Does that sound right? As this is a L175 without a water pump I know it's important to keep it at the right level.

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
I was finally able to do my first mowing of the season. I'll be taking care of my Mom's place tomorrow ;) Felt really good to get back in the seat :D