What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
My lovely Wifey-Poo used ask me all the time how can that be relaxing. Let me back up a bit...When I was told I had leukimia I/we cashed in an investment She got an Equinox I got my choice of a new Goldwing or a tractor I have been looking at both. I deturmined that I could use the tractor year around. I chose the BX24. While I was sick I would be able use it on good days and felt like I was the king of the world. Now that I am chemo free I look for reasons to get some seat time. She has finely came to understand I love the time I am on the Kubota.
Glad to hear all is well , we will keep you in our prayers...Happy Tractoring...Dan

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
Well lets see after the old lady spent 169 bucks to have a new dishwasher installed and the joker taking 3 hours to do it and then crushing the water line on the fridge and leaking water all over seeping along the wall and under the tile lifting said tiles, and now having to fix his screw ups I walked into the garage and I kicked the first thing I saw several times,,,,, Unfortunately, for me, the tires on the tractor are much more resilient than my toes!
Nothing like a childish fit to make you feel better, at least that's what my wife tells
me every time I throw one , works for me I feel so much better knowing I'm not the only one who throws fits ....Dan

bcbull378

Equipment
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
I finished planting 2 acres of corn today , its for the table , to can , freeze and give to family and friends, we plant it in 1/4 acre intervals so it doesn't all come off at the same time. The real kicker is I use my great grandfathers horse drawn corn planter behind the Kubota the planter was originally purchased in 1903 and with any luck my grandchildren will use it ....Dan

lreops

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3400DT W/ LA463 FEL and L235DT W/ BF400 Loader
Dec 26, 2011
Rising Sun, Maryland
I finished planting 2 acres of corn today , its for the table , to can , freeze and give to family and friends, we plant it in 1/4 acre intervals so it doesn't all come off at the same time. The real kicker is I use my great grandfathers horse drawn corn planter behind the Kubota the planter was originally purchased in 1903 and with any luck my grandchildren will use it ....Dan
Is it possible that you have some photos of the old planter in use to share?

Ron

3cylinder

Equipment
1990 L2550 GST 105 ford tiller ford bruch hog john deer 6foot blade
Apr 8, 2012
iowa
TILLED a 1/2 acre of ground for the garden,tilled up more ground around my wifes strawberry patch cleared out a ditch had a good time

richschram

Equipment
M7040, Bale Spear, 12" PH digger, 10' disc and lots of other farm junk
Jan 12, 2012
Bryan, Tx
I got about 12 acres mowed, releveled the driveway after some knucklehead in a big rig used my drive to turnaround while it was pouring. (i need some rock on it bad!) AND....mashed me a big ol' chicken snake trying to cross said driveway on my way back to the shed with my FEL bucket.

Buse

Equipment
B6100 with FEL
Oct 3, 2011
Sweden
My Easter project. I got 20 tons of gravel delivered on Wednesday before Easter. The idea is to restore the drive to the public road. It is about 100 m long and consists of dirt(mud) and some grass.
I have taken away as much grass as I can and used an old harrow in order to get the bottom as free as possible from holes before filling up with road gravel.
However, over easter we got 3 inches of snow , so I had to wait until today to finish the first part. Now the drive needs to dry up and be driven on, so I can see how much (and were) I need to work more.
Anyway - overall it gave me six hours of B6100 time. I found a couple of issues that needs to be fixed on my tractor:
1) Having a counter weight when using the FEL I find that the weight will hang after say 3 hours of work.
2) Since the hydraul valve needs to be changed (left for 3PT hitch) and right for FEL, Ihave been using this a little - but when I put the valve (arrow pointing pos), to use FEL, the lift lever (right hand side of seat) does not stay up. I have to hold it while using the FEL:confused: Any suggestions?

Attachments

fuzzydawg

Equipment
L3400 HST
Oct 11, 2011
Bluffton, MO
1) Having a counter weight when using the FEL I find that the weight will hang after say 3 hours of work.
Have you considered putting liquid ballast in your rear tires? I filled my 11.2X24 rear tires halfway with automotive antifreeze 50% solution, because I wanted the anti-rust properties to protect the wheels (plus protection from freezing, of course). Resulted in almost 300 pounds (136 kilograms?) of weight below the rear axle line, so it had a big effect on the center of gravity. Noticeable improvement when I fill the FEL bucket with gravel.

Zeeman

Equipment
2600DT bush hog, disk, plow, fork, 16' trailer
Jul 12, 2011
Bartow County, GA USA
I got my L2600 DT 4 WD going after being idle for over a year. Drained the fuel tank, changed the filter, and bled the injector lines. I put fresh fuel in, and she started right up. After that, I used a middle buster, disk, and TroyBilt to get my garden spot ready.

socalkubota

Equipment
B6000
Apr 1, 2012
Vista
Drained and replaced engine oil on my B6000. Replaced the fan belt, replaced the coolant, greased and lubed the FEL hinge pins. Getting ready to move some dirt and bricks this weekend.

KubotaFiend

Equipment
KubotaL5030,L2550,RTV900,Ford,9600,9N
Apr 22, 2011
Ellensburg Wa
I changed the hydraulic oil and filters on our l5030, and tackled a leaky diverter valve. Now i have a hose with bad fittings that needs to be replaced. :mad:

CTC01

Nov 3, 2011
IN, USA
Took my new BX25 back in the woods and removed an ol mulberry stump. :)

That backhoe was sooooo worth the money!!!! Glad I got it.

ORANGE TRACTORS RULE!!!!

Todd

Buse

Equipment
B6100 with FEL
Oct 3, 2011
Sweden
Have you considered putting liquid ballast in your rear tires? I filled my 11.2X24 rear tires halfway with automotive antifreeze 50% solution, because I wanted the anti-rust properties to protect the wheels (plus protection from freezing, of course). Resulted in almost 300 pounds (136 kilograms?) of weight below the rear axle line, so it had a big effect on the center of gravity. Noticeable improvement when I fill the FEL bucket with gravel.
Yes - the idea have been around. Also, I have seen it seems common in this forum. However, my tires are pretty old and not very tight. Both my front tires have had around 10 repairs and still leaking. The repairs rubbers are now replaced with inner tube - I am sure the rear tires are in the same condition. Today the tires leaks air -not liquid. But I see also another pro with liquid: I can have the 3P hitch free for other implement and still have the weight improvement you mention. Thanks for the input!

Breeze

Equipment
L3700, Box Grader, 60" Bush Hog, Rear Grader Blade, York Rake, Boom Pole.
Dec 24, 2010
Virgin Islands
Ambitious Day!

I checked the torque on my wheels and loader frame bolts, all were fine. After that I finally took some diesel oil and an old paint brush and cleaned up around all my loader pins and wiped it down, followed by a shot of fresh grease all around, even the clutch and brake pedal shaft fittings underneath.

I had also been putting off the simple free travel measurement on the clutch pedal and brake pedals; checked and they were fine.

I'm at 150 hours on an L3700 and will do my annual oil change as soon as the filter arrives in the mail. I also decided to change the fuel filter, which is two years old. As soon as I buy a gallon of coolant I'm also going to flush the cooling system and replace at my two year interval.

The PTO shaft fittings for my Bush Hog also got grease, as well as the tail wheel swivel and axle.

Also in the mail is a replacement amber flasher unit mfg. by Peterson which will replace the one on my rear fender that I broke. It cost me $15 plus shipping and I think it may be an exact replacement.

Tractor runs great and next up, work wise is more road grading. I'm preparing for our wet season which usually begins in May and water control on my steep hills is critical.