What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
Good call on the welding shirt, but don't forget do not ever wear synthetics when welding. Synthetics don't just burn they melt and stick to your skin. A real problem for burn treatment. Several years ago the plant I was in required cotton clothing for welders and electricians later expanded to all workers.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Will do Bulldog. I've got my dad's old Powr Kraft welder from the 60's. I think it's an old Montgomery Wards brand. It's not been used in 20 yrs so not sure it's safe.
No worry's on the welder :D just inspect/ change out the cables and ends. Inspect the power wires. Change if needed. Pull the cover and inspect for critters and nests. Dads got a power craft tombstone, circa early 60's. That's what i used to finish my box blade. I just got a power kraft 230 from my father inlaw, that was purchased in 1975. They are pretty bullet proof. As soon as i can get my subpanel straightened out and a 50 amp breaker, I plan on using the hell out of mine :D

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I'd really like to drive my Kubota up the weatherman's ass to tell you the truth. Been watching close the last few days, mostly sunny with 10% chance of rain at the most for the next 5 days. So I cut hay yesterday and nearly all day today until the bottom fell out this afternoon. Now I have 60 acres of wet hay and they're saying 100% chance tonight.

If I find the weatherman I'll be sure to get pics of him as a hood ornament.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
You really want a challenge let one of those red hot BB's burn thru your pants and run down your leg into your boot. Test is see how fast you can unlace and get the boot off. You can do it faster than you think but it's never fast enough.

My tip of the day for new welders:

Keep a bottle of water close to your work, not to drink but to pour down your boot to cool the BB.

It not a question of will it happen but when will it happen. I've never met a welder that has never had a hot ball of fire go down the boot.
Lots of great advice. Footwear is important!
My old boots had a cloth/mesh tongue. I cant count the number of burns i got because wasnt thinking at time. My now boots are pretty much submersible, havent had a burn in two years. Carhartts help too.

I dont know what i would do without my little tractor, used it to place gazebo in front yard(is on wheels)after winter storage. The wife is happy her summer home is back.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
You sir are right.
This is what happened to me last year. Cotton sock was burning under the nylon top.
Healed up without surgery, but still have the proof it happened.
I hate that happened but I'm sure it will make some of the new welders think before welding without proper clothing.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Years ago i was welding out side. Was hot as hell out so I had my shirt unbuttoned some. I had lost some weight too so my pants were loose around my waste. Had a piece of slag go down my shirt and get my belly. When I jumped up, the darn thing went down my pants too !!!! :eek::eek: The president of the company had stopped by for a visit, walked outside to see what was going on, just as I jumped up and dropped my pants in the parking lot :eek::rolleyes:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
The president of the company had stopped by for a visit, walked outside to see what was going on, just as I jumped up and dropped my pants in the parking lot :eek::rolleyes:
Daren - I have SO MANY things I'd like to say about that one..........:D:D:D:D

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Daren - I have SO MANY things I'd like to say about that one..........:D:D:D:D
I probably heard most of the jokes the first month after it happened :rolleyes:

It's funny how your dignity goes out the window when you have a tamale on fire :eek::D:D

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I probably heard most of the jokes the first month after it happened :rolleyes:

It's funny how your dignity goes out the window when you have a tamale on fire :eek::D:D
I was cutting spruce pulpwood many years ago, upset a yellowjacket nest, and a few got down my shirt, and some headed toward the "jewels".:eek:

I did me some chainsaw dancin' like nobody seen before!!:p:

Probably would have been funny as hell if put to music!!:D:

Got stung quite a few times, but none got me in the "tamale"!:cool:

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I was cutting spruce pulpwood many years ago, upset a yellowjacket nest, and a few got down my shirt, and some headed toward the "jewels".:eek:

I did me some chainsaw dancin' like nobody seen before!!:p:

Probably would have been funny as hell if put to music!!:D:

Got stung quite a few times, but none got me in the "tamale"!:cool:
I was around 19 twenty years old. Was driving down the road with my arm hanging out the window (no ac) wearing a baggy tee shirt. Had a hornet go down my shirt. Started stinging me in my side :eek:I locked up the brakes, slid the truck into the brake down lane, kicked on the e brake and bailed. Was doing the jig and ripping my shirt off to get it out and off me. Got rid of it and started going down the road again. Got pulled over ten minutes later :rolleyes: someone had called the cops saying that someone was wigging out on the side of the road :eek: he started talking breathalyzer and drug test till I showed him the fresh welts :rolleyes:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Yup, been there, done that. Had a broken leg in a cast, and it was summer, and was hobbling around in my veggiepatch. The weeds were getting pretty tall, and I reached down on my crutches, and pulled up a handful. There must have been one of those underground nests of yellow jackets, and they flew up under my T shirt, and started to sting. I dropped the crutches, ripped off the t shirt and RAN on my cast flailing away. Fortunately no one came down the road to see all that, but my leg swelled up pretty good. Spent the rest of the day with it over the back of the couch. :mad:

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
I'd really like to drive my Kubota up the weatherman's ass to tell you the truth. Been watching close the last few days, mostly sunny with 10% chance of rain at the most for the next 5 days. So I cut hay yesterday and nearly all day today until the bottom fell out this afternoon. Now I have 60 acres of wet hay and they're saying 100% chance tonight.

If I find the weatherman I'll be sure to get pics of him as a hood ornament.
Send the rain my way. It is so dry here now that my lawn is burning up even where there is usually standing water and many of the spring flowers and plants a slow coming for the lack of any rain. 2 Months ago we had close to 5 feet of snow on the ground, now it is dust.