What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Looks very nice!
My BH never gets disconnected!
Thank you! The only time I see the need to disconnect is when I need to run the box blade. I'll have topsoil delivered in a few weeks to fill some ruts and raise the grade behind the house and the dolly will get some good use then 😁

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Thank you! The only time I see the need to disconnect is when I need to run the box blade. I'll have topsoil delivered in a few weeks to fill some ruts and raise the grade behind the house and the dolly will get some good use then 😁
The solution is SIMPLE!
You simply need ANOTHER 3pt hitch tractor!
A "spare" so to speak! ;)

• Haha

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
If you have enough $$$$ I am absolutely certain that someone will "gift" you one! ;)
I just "gifted" myself a backhoe, don't think I can sneak in anymore gifts past the CFO 😂

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
It was good day down at my habitat project today. A friend that helps me out on the place came up and hunted for a few hours this morning before I made my way down to the land. He is a good machine operator and spent 2 hours moving downed Scot pines to my brush piles. I am clearing a larger picnic area for a 13 x 13 outfitters style tent. I have a grandson that has been battling leukemia now for 1/3 of his life. One of his desires is to tent camp at the land this summer.
View attachment 102344

View attachment 102342 View attachment 102341
I forgot to ask when you posted the pics (nice turkey by the way), above right side loader frame/post, it looks like a winch is mounted their…what’s the story/use?

Last edited:

anomad

Equipment
YM2310D
Jun 10, 2021
Western North Carolina
I did a good mowing (and weed eating) session today. Recently got a 6ft Land Pride finish mower for my B2601 when my zero turn went to hospital. Pushed my comfort zone to the max mowing a short section of trail I mow with the zero. Based on that experience. I think the little B would slide out before tipping over unless you did something really dumb. Which I could easily do.

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
I forgot to ask when you order final posted the pics (nice turkey by the way), above right side loader frame/post, it looks like a winch is mounted their…what’s the story/use?
I use a manual wheelchair and built what I call a seat lift to get up and off my L2501. The winch is what does the work. This video explains it pretty well. I built the seat lift in a such a way that the seat and pivot arms easily come off so when a person such as my friend operates the tractor he does not have it in the way.
Thanks for asking! I am happy to share , perhaps someone with mobility issues whom is hesitant to purchase a tractor not knowing how they will mount and dismount will see this and get inspired. There is always a way! :)

• Love
Reactions: 15 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
That looks very functional / well thought out. I saw an episode of American heartland and a guy running a big farm had something similar…but he was in a green machine.

Reactions: 1 users

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I use a manual wheelchair and built what I call a seat lift to get up and off my L2501. The winch is what does the work. This video explains it pretty well. I built the seat lift in a such a way that the seat and pivot arms easily come off so when a person such as my friend operates the tractor he does not have it in the way.
Thanks for asking! I am happy to share , perhaps someone with mobility issues whom is hesitant to purchase a tractor not knowing how they will mount and dismount will see this and get inspired. There is always a way! :)

[/QUOTE)

WOW!
Very impressive!

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I just "gifted" myself a backhoe, don't think I can sneak in anymore gifts past the CFO 😂
I do not necessarily recommend it, but I fired my CFO 26 years ago!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

trial and error

Equipment
B7100dt manual trans. homemade FEL, 4 way hydraulic dozer blade
Feb 16, 2023
NY
Not all kubota related but the B did get to help a little. Moved a few more rocks at my parents. My brother ran the mini ex and I moved rejected rocks from the pool deck excavation. All in all it was a good day. However I hate clay soil and there isn't a rock free or flat peice of land on my parents property aside from the leach field. In the background of one of the pictures you can see my father's 9n which has no brakes no 4wd no low gears and no P.S. so the b7100 came in clutch for moving rocks around this maze of hills and excavated clay , rght next to the pool. It's staying over there till he gets his piers for the deck poured and retaining walls put in. The 9n does a pretty good job moving snow or in wide open spaces, but on jobs like this it's a bear.

Attachments

Reactions: 2 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I won this fight, had to roll this thing into the"bucket". but it's no longer a lawn ornament and I'm the one with the smile not the "bucket"
Super!!! That’s a stout stone for your homemade loader! You obviously did a great job. 😃

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
I do not necessarily recommend it, but I fired my CFO 26 years ago!
The CFO comes with a competitive "benefits package" I simply cannot pass up on 😂 also, she gets a nice golden parachute from the local judge should she ever be subject to early dismissal.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
We have two permanent creeks on the property. One vehicle crossing on the small one; two on the bigger one (which is still small).

The crossing on the small one used to be problematic because it was primarily wet silt. Solved that a couple years ago by dumping rip rap size rocks and scrap concrete in it until it quit sinking. Rarely enough water in the small one to make short term changes in channel and banks.

The larger one is small but big enough for storms to put enough water in it to mess up the crossings to the point of needing some grooming. They need to be good enough to cross with a 2 door Mule, so the bar for maintenance is pretty low.

One was rough, but OK. That one is sand on both sides so pretty stable and easily worked. The other is sand on one side (👍) and black, silty dirt on the other side (👎). The dirt side had silted in to the point the bank was higher than part of the ramp, creating a sloppy mud hole that never fully dries. The bank was about 30” straight up which was enough to high center the Mule so it was time to fix it despite the sloppy mud hole.

Sort of got to try the Piranha for the first time but “cutting” sand and mud similar in consistency to half melted ice cream wasn’t exactly a challenge before.

Touched up the sand banks on both crossings while there. Kind of hoping now that the dirt bank can drain it will dry enough to smooth it a bit more and cut a ditch down one side of it in the next couple of weeks. Walking through it I was sinking about 4” and sliding around a good bit so what I could do with the loader and box blade had some limits.

First pic is right after the first loader pass took a swipe at the top of the silted in bank.
IMG_0775.jpeg

Not perfect by any means. May do a bit more if/when it dries a bit. The creek will take care of clearing the little bit of mud dumped in its channel. It works slowly but it never stops. Should be back to normal after tonight’s rain.
IMG_0776.jpeg

Looking back from the other side when done. Couldn’t have made it that far without at least some work on the mud ramp. BTW, I love front wheel assist tractors with diff locks and loaders that can push them out backward.

While I had the tractor in the general vicinity, ran through the other crossing and smoothed it up a little, too. That one was jus box blade on the way in and again on the way out. At least filled in the wheel ruts.
IMG_0778.jpeg

Reactions: 7 users

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
We have two permanent creeks on the property. One vehicle crossing on the small one; two on the bigger one (which is still small).

The crossing on the small one used to be problematic because it was primarily wet silt. Solved that a couple years ago by dumping rip rap size rocks and scrap concrete in it until it quit sinking. Rarely enough water in the small one to make short term changes in channel and banks.

The larger one is small but big enough for storms to put enough water in it to mess up the crossings to the point of needing some grooming. They need to be good enough to cross with a 2 door Mule, so the bar for maintenance is pretty low.

One was rough, but OK. That one is sand on both sides so pretty stable and easily worked. The other is sand on one side (👍) and black, silty dirt on the other side (👎). The dirt side had silted in to the point the bank was higher than part of the ramp, creating a sloppy mud hole that never fully dries. The bank was about 30” straight up which was enough to high center the Mule so it was time to fix it despite the sloppy mud hole.

Sort of got to try the Piranha for the first time but “cutting” sand and mud similar in consistency to half melted ice cream wasn’t exactly a challenge before.

Touched up the sand banks on both crossings while there. Kind of hoping now that the dirt bank can drain it will dry enough to smooth it a bit more and cut a ditch down one side of it in the next couple of weeks. Walking through it I was sinking about 4” and sliding around a good bit so what I could do with the loader and box blade had some limits.

First pic is right after the first loader pass took a swipe at the top of the silted in bank. View attachment 102474
Not perfect by any means. May do a bit more if/when it dries a bit. The creek will take care of clearing the little bit of mud dumped in its channel. It works slowly but it never stops. Should be back to normal after tonight’s rain.
View attachment 102475
Looking back from the other side when done. Couldn’t have made it that far without at least some work on the mud ramp. BTW, I love front wheel assist tractors with diff locks and loaders that can push them out backward.

While I had the tractor in the general vicinity, ran through the other crossing and smoothed it up a little, too. That one was jus box blade on the way in and again on the way out. At least filled in the wheel ruts.
View attachment 102476
Nice trails and good work.

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
Planted some soybeans in a wildlife food plot today. I put a 10’ swath of forage sorghum along the left side for cover. There is rain in the forecast. 🤞🤞🤞
IMG_8646.jpeg

Reactions: 6 users

hoot owl

Equipment
L2501 with loader and backhoe
Nov 13, 2022
Did not use the tractor today but I did get a new to me attachment. I found a 9' tow behind disk for $175 on Market place. It needs some disks replaced but it came with 10 extra disk. I had to cut 6 bolts so we could load the front half on the trailer and set the back half on top. It was 351 miles round trip and I also stopped to look at a 10' seeder that need tires and some tlc. The worst part is I won't be getting any seat time for the next 2 weeks because of bees and a camp out next weekend and a very large yard sale the following week. Hopping to make enough at the sale to buy a new 24' trailer.

Reactions: 2 users