What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
Finally finished my chipping brush and trees along a stone wall. Now I can bush hog close again. The China chipper with the power feed works well. You start the brush and it sucks it right in. I still have other property line to cut back and chip. Now I need to clean up the ant hills and dump the chips somewhere. A good workout if your overweight and sedatary. I also saved some of my favorite firewood. Yellow birch.

Attachments

Reactions: 7 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
How expensive was the severance package?
VERY.... VERY expensive!
Too expensive to discuss here.
Especially at age 57, with my mandatory retirement at age 60.
Nearly 27 years later, and looking back, IMHO it actually was worth it!
I have been fortunate to have a wonderful non contract CFO for the past 23 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
We have two permanent creeks on the property. One vehicle crossing on the small one; two on the bigger one (which is still small).

The crossing on the small one used to be problematic because it was primarily wet silt. Solved that a couple years ago by dumping rip rap size rocks and scrap concrete in it until it quit sinking. Rarely enough water in the small one to make short term changes in channel and banks.

The larger one is small but big enough for storms to put enough water in it to mess up the crossings to the point of needing some grooming. They need to be good enough to cross with a 2 door Mule, so the bar for maintenance is pretty low.

One was rough, but OK. That one is sand on both sides so pretty stable and easily worked. The other is sand on one side (👍) and black, silty dirt on the other side (👎). The dirt side had silted in to the point the bank was higher than part of the ramp, creating a sloppy mud hole that never fully dries. The bank was about 30” straight up which was enough to high center the Mule so it was time to fix it despite the sloppy mud hole.

Sort of got to try the Piranha for the first time but “cutting” sand and mud similar in consistency to half melted ice cream wasn’t exactly a challenge before.

Touched up the sand banks on both crossings while there. Kind of hoping now that the dirt bank can drain it will dry enough to smooth it a bit more and cut a ditch down one side of it in the next couple of weeks. Walking through it I was sinking about 4” and sliding around a good bit so what I could do with the loader and box blade had some limits.

First pic is right after the first loader pass took a swipe at the top of the silted in bank. View attachment 102474
Not perfect by any means. May do a bit more if/when it dries a bit. The creek will take care of clearing the little bit of mud dumped in its channel. It works slowly but it never stops. Should be back to normal after tonight’s rain.
View attachment 102475
Looking back from the other side when done. Couldn’t have made it that far without at least some work on the mud ramp. BTW, I love front wheel assist tractors with diff locks and loaders that can push them out backward.

While I had the tractor in the general vicinity, ran through the other crossing and smoothed it up a little, too. That one was jus box blade on the way in and again on the way out. At least filled in the wheel ruts.
View attachment 102476
I have a very similar water feature on one side of my property…what you did / doing looks good…sure looks like could still be greasy. It’s usually too wet for me to do anything about it…I hoping for a drought, we’ll not really but if it ever gets dry enough, I’d like to enlist the BH and dig it down and then bring some stone in and make a drive that I could pass over even if a little water flowing is my thought. I’ve had to claw my way out with the B a time or two…once those tires are loaded it’s done in grease…but so far the MX seems to do a little better 🤞….but it has a bit more clearance and no belly mower like the B. ☕

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Re-installation of blue stone walkway and regrade post excavation. I did the dig here back in February to replace the water service. Finally made it back to clean up the mess. This property is about to get a huge makeover so decided to just give them a clean slate:

Before:

before 1.jpg

before 2.jpg

after:

After.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I have a very similar water feature on one side of my property…what you did / doing looks good…sure looks like could still be greasy. It’s usually too wet for me to do anything about it…I hoping for a drought, we’ll not really but if it ever gets dry enough, I’d like to enlist the BH and dig it down and then bring some stone in and make a drive that I could pass over even if a little water flowing is my thought. I’ve had to claw my way out with the B a time or two…once those tires are loaded it’s done in grease…but so far the MX seems to do a little better 🤞….but it has a bit more clearance and no belly mower like the B. ☕
Yeah, the dirt/mud is some sort of silt that you so much as spit on it, it gets so slick you need a rope to help you walk up the ramp. The Mule does OK with it. The L will cross it but unless it’s bone dry it ruts it up bad coming up the dirt side so I use the sand/sand crossing with the L whenever practical. Only way I know to really improve it would be to dump a fair amount of rock in it, probably 4”, which would be nice.

On the other hand, last time I did anything to either of these two was probably 3 years ago. I’m good with that frequency of maintenance.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

Jsjac

Equipment
B2650
Feb 13, 2022
New Hampshire
It has been very wet here up until the last week or so.
The vegetable garden spot was dry enough to rototill today.
Dropped the chipper or the three point hitch and put on the rototiller.
I am still amazed that the rocks keep coming back every spring.

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Patched a tube and changed the oil in the TG1860

Attachments

Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I spent a few hours yesterday on the "struggle bus" with both tractors.

I used the MX with pallet forks to move the snow plow and blower to their summer storage location, and then used the M to move the rotary cutter and land plane (leveler) out of winter storage. I got the grapple on the M after moving more stuff around, and finally managed to get the wood out of the 16ft dump trailer so that a friend can use it. I had to break one of the grapple lines to relieve pressure and once again the grapple did a nice job of holding a wrench like a makeshift vice.

Last fall the friend borrowing the trailer built a neat log rack out of some decent lumber that he reclaimed from a deck on his house. His rack puts logs at about waist height to make them easier to cut up for firewood. I sort of arranged some H beam sections to do something similar and used the grapple to stack the wood on the hobbled together rack to get if off the ground and out of the way.

m6060_grapple_1.jpg

m6060_pj_dump_large.jpg

wood_pile.jpg

Reactions: 10 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Finally finished my chipping brush and trees along a stone wall. Now I can bush hog close again. The China chipper with the power feed works well. You start the brush and it sucks it right in. I still have other property line to cut back and chip. Now I need to clean up the ant hills and dump the chips somewhere. A good workout if your overweight and sedatary. I also saved some of my favorite firewood. Yellow birch.
Use the chips for mulch in your flower beds, just not close to the house. They're pretty good for filling up stump holes too, if you keep doing it. I run the output of my WC68 through a little Murray 3" chipper/shredder (which was my first chipper) to chop them up fine. The last 6-8 inches of anything I put in the WC68 usually comes out in big slabs, IF it doesn't plug up the chute. Probably a good indicator that it's time to rotate the knives.

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS

I used the MX with pallet forks to move the snow plow and blower to their summer storage location, and then used the M to move the rotary cutter and land plane (leveler) out of winter storage. I got the grapple on the M after moving more stuff around, and finally managed to get the wood out of the 16ft dump trailer so that a friend can use it. I had to break one of the grapple lines to relieve pressure and once again the grapple did a nice job of holding a wrench like a makeshift vice.

Last fall the friend borrowing the trailer built a neat log rack out of some decent lumber that he reclaimed from a deck on his house. His rack puts logs at about waist height to make them easier to cut up for firewood. I sort of arranged some H beam sections to do something similar and used the grapple to stack the wood on the hobbled together rack to get if off the ground and out of the way.

View attachment 102533

View attachment 102534

View attachment 102535
That’s ingenuity at its best.

When I need to “burp” my hydraulic lines, I use a piece of brass (softer metal) bar stock that I turned down on the end to fit inside my Pioneer style couplings. I put a little cup on the end to keep it centered & use the adjustable spanner to tap the brass piece, depressing the ball momentarily, (burp) to relieve pressure.

Reactions: 1 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

View attachment 102533

View attachment 102534

View attachment 102535
If you have one male and one female connector on your implements, connect the two together when you park them and they won't lock up. ;)

Reactions: 3 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
If you have one male and one female connector on your implements, connect the two together when you park them and they won't lock up. ;)
PRECISELY why I plumbed mine that way. The FIRST time I had to break the line and it decided to squirt me with hydraulic oil, I fixed that problem. I take the grapple off, and connect the two lines on the grapple. It'll still hold position because the rod end can't hold as much oil as the head end, but the pressure is pretty negligible. Keeps dirt outta the female coupler as well, better than the cheezy little rubber plugs. Not only that, ain't no way to hook it up backward.

Reactions: 1 users

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
I fired up the BX aand got about 1/2 the lawn mowed when as I made a turn the tractor felt funny. Thought maybe I left the 4wd engaged, but nope, that wasn't it. Stopped and took a loot, the right front tire was almost flat. Eased it back to the shop, pulled the tire off and found a piece of ~16ga. stiff steel wire sticking out of it.
Took it to the tire shop today, got it all patched up and back on the tractor. Got the lawn finished and put it away with no further problems.

Flat Tire 20230514 (Medium).jpg

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Got my 1st grass cut today with my 1880. WOW, what a difference from my cub cadet. I have some areas with real thick grass that my old cub would choke on. Not my 1880. Ate through the thickest of grass with ease. This tractor has exceeded my expectations!

Reactions: 2 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
I fired up the BX aand got about 1/2 the lawn mowed when as I made a turn the tractor felt funny. Thought maybe I left the 4wd engaged, but nope, that wasn't it. Stopped and took a loot, the right front tire was almost flat. Eased it back to the shop, pulled the tire off and found a piece of ~16ga. stiff steel wire sticking out of it.
Took it to the tire shop today, got it all patched up and back on the tractor. Got the lawn finished and put it away with no further problems.

View attachment 102606
My R3'a were pin cushions. So far, no plugs in my R14's.

ejb11235

Equipment
BX23S, Braber BBR4G 4' Box Blade & LRM5G 5' landscape rake
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
I used my landscape rake to clean up the debris from an alder I felled onto my driveway. As a bonus, the 5' landscape rake fixed most of the damage I did to the driveway with the box blade last year. So glad I bought it. It also does a wonderful job of smoothing out dirt where I have been digging up stumps and bushes with the backhoe. The BX23S isn't exactly inspiring when the ground isn't level, and I was just amazed at how smooth I got the dirt with the rake.

I've learned with the hydrostatic transmission to let off on the pedal when the box blade or rake start loading up. It's so counter intuitive because I'm used to thinking of "pushing on the gas pedal". Even when it's working I have to fight the urge to press down on the pedal. :rolleyes:

IMG_20230514_111133525.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
What chipper is that?