What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
I used the L3901DT to pull some of the rock back up my hill after a hard rain and the culvert pipe got blocked with leaves. I don't know where all these leaves keep coming from. You would think all the trees would help stop them from falling on the ground 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Put the FEL loader on......(y).......and an hour later, smartly broke off the hood ornament, dagnabit.:oops:

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 4 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
A friend needs to use the 16ft dump trailer next week to pick up landscaping rock so I need to get the wood out and get the trailer ready. The empty trailer weighs close to 5,000lb and the wood must weigh a couple of thousand pounds at least, but last night the MX moved it with ease. I used low range and no problems at all. The MX is rated for a 9,000lb trailer according to the owner's manual but that's on the draw bar.

I got the Del Morino flail mower hooked up to the MX after I moved the trailer, and I'm kind of hoping to leave it in that configuration all summer ... for the most part at least. I did run the flail to make sure that all is good but will check the gear box oil, belt tension, grease fittings etc., before doing any serious work.

You can see the rain falling in the distance. I love this time of year in NW Montana.

mx6000_pj_16ft_dump_trailer.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

Pawnee

Equipment
L2501
Jul 1, 2021
Ontario Canada
I came up with a method for "unplugging" Manitoba Maple trees.
The one before this was 3" diameter and required some back and forth, this one came right out!

Attachments

Reactions: 6 users

trial and error

Equipment
B7100dt manual trans. homemade FEL, 4 way hydraulic dozer blade
Feb 16, 2023
NY
Simce I am borrowong the dump trailer for the weekend to transport the tractor. I tried my best to get someof the 50 yr old callapsed shop/building out of the wood line on our property, I am quickly realizing that a grapple at minimum would be much better suited for this job and sadly I don't have one I'll spend a couple more hours tomorrow evening before a dump run Saturday morning. But I did Figure out that if I take the high sides off my brother's dump trailer I can dump.over the side (barely) yesterday I just drove up the ramps and into the trailer since it was hooked to the truck. I'm not going to get this project done any time soon but it can be chipped away at a little at a time when my schedule allows. AKA most of it will probably sit there for another 50 years

Edit: forgot the pictures earlier

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Simce I am borrowong the dump trailer for the weekend to transport the tractor. I tried my best to get someof the 50 yr old callapsed shop/building out of the wood line on our property, I am quickly realizing that a grapple at minimum would be much better suited for this job and sadly I don't have one I'll spend a couple more hours tomorrow evening before among a dump run Saturday morning. But I did Figure out that if I take the high sides off my brother's dump trailer I can dump.over the side (barely) yesterday I just drove up the ramps and into the trailer since it was hooked to the truck. I'm not going to get this project done any time soon but it can be chipped away at a little at a time when my schedule allows. AKA most of it will probably sit there for another 50 years
My only advice is what you already know. Yes, you need a grapple. I put off buying mine for too long. Shoulda bought it the same day I bought the tractor. They’re handier than TWO pockets on a shirt. Even a light duty model with a couple minor mods will TRIPLE the usefulness of your tractor.

Reactions: 2 users

Gary Olson

Equipment
L2501 w/FEL and grapple, 3pt auger
Mar 10, 2022
Mark Twain Forest
Auger maintenance day on the PD15. Grease the u-joints and driveline. Hard part was removing the driveline shroud. The manual was full of useless lawyer warnings; and the YouTube video was for a different types.
Sharpen a couple auger teeth who'd met a couple too many rocks.

trial and error

Equipment
Feb 16, 2023
NY
My only advice is what you already know. Yes, you need a grapple. I put off buying mine for too long. Shoulda bought it the same day I bought the tractor. They’re handier than TWO pockets on a shirt. Even a light duty model with a couple minor mods will TRIPLE the usefulness of your tractor.
Agreed, unfortunately with a kid coming in November it is not likely to be up high on the $ I can spend list for quite some time. Thankfully this "job" is also not very high on the list either and was more of a try and make use of the trailer while I have it anyway. What I will probably do in the more near future is fabricate or buy and adapt a set of light duty forks. That'll be far less $ therefore more obtainable and somehat more practical than just the bucket alone. Alas I'm just happy to be able to pick things up and put them down with hydraulics at the moment thats mote then I've ever had in my 38 years

Reactions: 3 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
I agree with this statement 300%😄 It's my favorite attachment to use.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Transplanted a couple small fir trees using only the palette forks as diggers, yankers, holders, shovel.
Barely had to get off the machine.

Kinda cool. Had never tried this before. (anxious to try again!)

Gotta love forks!

Reactions: 1 users

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
A friend needs to use the 16ft dump trailer next week to pick up landscaping rock so I need to get the wood out and get the trailer ready. The empty trailer weighs close to 5,000lb and the wood must weigh a couple of thousand pounds at least, but last night the MX moved it with ease. I used low range and no problems at all. The MX is rated for a 9,000lb trailer according to the owner's manual but that's on the draw bar.

I got the Del Morino flail mower hooked up to the MX after I moved the trailer, and I'm kind of hoping to leave it in that configuration all summer ... for the most part at least. I did run the flail to make sure that all is good but will check the gear box oil, belt tension, grease fittings etc., before doing any serious work.

You can see the rain falling in the distance. I love this time of year in NW Montana.

View attachment 102245
You have too many trailers, I can gladly take one off your hands when you decide to declutter 😉

• Haha

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Agreed, unfortunately with a kid coming in November it is not likely to be up high on the $ I can spend list for quite some time. Thankfully this "job" is also not very high on the list either and was more of a try and make use of the trailer while I have it anyway. What I will probably do in the more near future is fabricate or buy and adapt a set of light duty forks. That'll be far less $ therefore more obtainable and somehat more practical than just the bucket alone. Alas I'm just happy to be able to pick things up and put them down with hydraulics at the moment thats mote then I've ever had in my 38 years
Congratulations! Daycare is $$$ so I feel your pain and hesitation to purchase a new attachment. I think? Kubota will let you finance land pride attachments if it helps.
Beautiful weather in MI today

trial and error

Equipment
Feb 16, 2023
NY
.Congratulations! Daycare is $$$

Thanks, and You ain't lying everything is expensive these days,

ajschnitzelbank

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, BH92, Frost Bite grapple, Logosol M8 mill, Stihl MS661
Aug 24, 2021
Rensselaer County NY
If you have SSQA and don’t have a set of forks, they’re great. Honestly, sometimes I wonder if my grapple was worth the money when I could just use forks. Not a popular opinion around here! But I have two toddlers, and perhaps the money I spent on the grapple could have been better spent somewhere else.

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
.Congratulations! Daycare is $$$

Thanks, and You ain't lying everything is expensive these days,
Apologies, didn't finish my comment before hitting post, but yeah, agreed. Almost like we all got a 30% pay cut 😭

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
The way I interpret that:
I have till November to buy the toys I "need".
😄
This is coming from a guy in his 40's that is an empty nester. Start early, get them gone. Lol.

• Haha

trial and error

Equipment
Feb 16, 2023
NY
If you have SSQA and don’t have a set of forks, they’re great. Honestly, sometimes I wonder if my grapple was worth the money when I could just use forks. Not a popular opinion around here! But I have two toddlers, and perhaps the money I spent on the grapple could have been better spent somewhere else.
Unfortunately I dont have SSQA, mostly becuase the loader is "homemade" and bare bones, I didn't want to spend any extra $ on the fab work A. becuase honestly I couldn't even justify the money I did spend at the time and B. becuase I wanted to make sure the unit was going to accomplish what I designed it for, before I added any expense that was not completely nessacary, hence why the "bucket" is even made out of scrap, so far it is accomplishing everything that I wanted and exceeding my lift weight goals (which honestly scares me a little). At the end of the day I'm not sure a 2500$ b7100 with a 1200$ homemade loader will ever justify a multi thousand dollar grapple and SSQA setup even though it would make my life infinitely easier. my goal with this machine is a set of pin on forks (likely also homemade) and or a bigger material bucket for light loads. If I still have it in several years and it is still the only machine I have, I may consider adapting some kind of SSQA system but as of now the lemonade would likely cost more then the lemons in this case. Financing aside that's still spending money on a machine that may or may not be worth the investment and I have to weigh that very carefully. The big advantage being SSQA attachments is they can be transfered to a new machine some day