What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Keadog

Equipment
MX 6000
Dec 22, 2021
Ohio
Our generator died last week. Was starting its weekly warmup run and ran about 3 seconds then made some very, very bad sounds and died. Forever as it turned out. Called the guy that services/maintains it and he came right over. Opened the cover to a pool of oil. I asked about a replacement and he said he had 12 coming in this week but all were pre sold. He said if I could find one he could come over in 2 days but only had 3 total guys and needed 4 to lift safely. "Can you lift 100#?" "Yes". "Do you have a way to get it to the site if you find one?" "Yes I do". Found ONE in stock, bought it over the phone and picked it up.
He showed up bright and early Friday with his 2 guys but the Kubota was the star of the show.

IMG_1563.jpg

Out goes the bad generator, in goes the good generator...
Those fake pallet forks worked fine but real pallet forks are on my wish list.

Reactions: 11 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Our generator died last week. Was starting its weekly warmup run and ran about 3 seconds then made some very, very bad sounds and died. Forever as it turned out. Called the guy that services/maintains it and he came right over. Opened the cover to a pool of oil. I asked about a replacement and he said he had 12 coming in this week but all were pre sold. He said if I could find one he could come over in 2 days but only had 3 total guys and needed 4 to lift safely. "Can you lift 100#?" "Yes". "Do you have a way to get it to the site if you find one?" "Yes I do". Found ONE in stock, bought it over the phone and picked it up.
He showed up bright and early Friday with his 2 guys but the Kubota was the star of the show.

View attachment 96183
Out goes the bad generator, in goes the good generator...
Those fake pallet forks worked fine but real pallet forks are on my wish list.
Any idea how old or how many hours were on your generator?

Keadog

Equipment
MX 6000
Dec 22, 2021
Ohio
Any idea how old or how many hours were on your generator?
251 hours. 10.5 years old. The guy that services it has hundreds of accounts that he manages. Said he has never seen a catastrophic failure like that with so few hours and has some accounts that have 30 year old generators.

It was serviced every fall with a synthetic oil and filter change. The longest it ran continuously was last summer when the power was out for 91 hours. It burned 2 ounces of oil then. So most of its life was spent warming up and running for 20 minutes every Wednesday AM.

Just bad luck I guess?

Keadog

Equipment
MX 6000
Dec 22, 2021
Ohio
I forgot to mention the R14s were amazing. Had to drive over our (very wet) lawn and within a couple days it was hard to see where I drove. If I had the R1s on, there would have been deep ruts "forever".

Reactions: 1 user

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
251 hours. 10.5 years old. The guy that services it has hundreds of accounts that he manages. Said he has never seen a catastrophic failure like that with so few hours and has some accounts that have 30 year old generators.

It was serviced every fall with a synthetic oil and filter change. The longest it ran continuously was last summer when the power was out for 91 hours. It burned 2 ounces of oil then. So most of its life was spent warming up and running for 20 minutes every Wednesday AM.

Just bad luck I guess?
Too bad, we put ours in about 3.5 years ago and it does its 10 minute weekly test run but I do manually run it it 20-30 minutes occasionally if we haven't had an outage.

I forgot to mention the R14s were amazing. Had to drive over our (very wet) lawn and within a couple days it was hard to see where I drove. If I had the R1s on, there would have been deep ruts "forever".
R14's are terrific tires imo. Wasn't a fan of R4's, had R3's on my last tractor but the thorns were hard on them. No complaints about the R14's.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Brush-B-Gone today. That's all I have for now.

Brush B Gone.JPG

Tuesday should be a fun dig and PowRMole in center city Allentown. Can't wait to play "frogger" on N. 6th street. :(

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Didn’t take many pics but used the tractor quite a bit today. Road was getting wheel tracks in it, gravel migrating toward ditches, a couple small potholes starting at the edge where it meets the paved state road, ditches silting in a bit, backfill for the tree removed from center of drive finally stabilized enough for a final grade, etc. None of it bad, just needed attention. Didn’t take but about an hour. Would have been much longer without the hydraulic top and side link. Pic almost looks like there’s dirt mixed in with the gravel but that’s actually just wet gravel from the ditch where some was buried under leaves prior to the leaves being blown out today as step one of the process.
4872C968-0205-4732-AAA0-58A085DCD47B.jpeg
05B95867-3D80-4056-B519-68ED49903420.jpeg

Also used the grapple to remove a couple of old scraggly bushes and a 3/4 rotten little section of split rail fence the were tangled in. Kind of sweet to rip all that out and dump it without ever getting out of the seat.

Then back to the bucket to backfill the holes left by the fence posts and bushes. Final touch was getting a couple buckets of chips about a year old out of the main chip pile to use to mulch the area.

Reactions: 7 users

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
Fencing supplies are a major expense now days!
Yes they are! I’m glad this is a short run.
I have a pond to fence off & watering lane to put in. I hope I have enough leftover supplies to complete that job. Might have to alternate green & orange T-posts.

GreX

Equipment
BX2380
Jan 8, 2023
Maine
Added ROPS work lights 2-double sets, so nice to be able to see in front, behind, and on the sides while moving around at night/early mornings. Was fairly easy to install, though I'm not super thrilled with the light switches being 'mounted' to the ROPS via zip-ties - anyone have suggestions on a different location or different mounting style than zip-ties? I purchased them from ropslights.com

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
If you have empty slots available (like for a draft control), I found them perfect for control switches. They are out of the way and convenient.

20211204_200051_resized.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
The kit from ROPS lights, came with two electrical boxes with switches on them, they're just a bit bulky and kind of an eye sore on the ROPS. I'll take a picture here later this morning, was just hoping for something that looked a lot more 'factory'.
Huh? That's not what I posted. The kit comes with a relay and lighted (round) switch. I wired mine to the battery with relay so that I could turn the lights on without ignition on or running.

Here is mine installed in the dash. Doesn't get much simpler that this.

ROPS Lights switch.JPG

ROPS Lights 2.JPG

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Greased the loader and blower. Reclaimed some gravel that was poking up through the snow with the bucket.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
No pics of the kubota working on the build, but kids and I been repurposing a horse pen that was on the property from previous owners, turned it into chicken run. Kids got their birds today 😂

7E9562E7-7FD0-4F13-980C-69CBCCABEFDE.jpeg

still got a little work left (I’m far from a carpenter 😂😂😂)

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Finished digging and grading most of the RV loop. Went down about 5" with the loader and finished it off with my friends BB. Plann8ng on the loop sitting above grade by several inches. Still work to do up near the RV, but there are 2 large stumps that need digging out so it's gonna get torn up with a sizeable backhoe.
Base layer of RC-2 got pushed back a day. Should have 40 tons sitting there tomorrow.
20230220_181235.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

GreX

Equipment
BX2380
Jan 8, 2023
Maine
Huh? That's not what I posted. The kit comes with a relay and lighted (round) switch. I wired mine to the battery with relay so that I could turn the lights on without ignition on or running.

Here is mine installed in the dash. Doesn't get much simpler that this.

View attachment 96241
View attachment 96242
Understood, I was letting you know that their kit already comes with two switches, which are pictured here below, I'm trying to figure out what could be done with them, as I'm not loving the zip-ties on ROPS look, looks very amateur, which I guess if that's what I'm am, then its on-point.

Attachments

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Understood, I was letting you know that their kit already comes with two switches, which are pictured here below, I'm trying to figure out what could be done with them, as I'm not loving the zip-ties on ROPS look, looks very amateur, which I guess if that's what I'm am, then its on-point.
I'm sorta confused as to why there are two huge electrical boxes for LED light switches. It's not like they need relays.

SAR Tracker

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, FEL, LX2963 Snowblower, BH77 Backhoe, forks
Nov 17, 2020
Central Oregon
re-fueled in preparation for the predicted 12" of snow. LRBWG (Lying Rat Bastage Weather Guessers) will probably get it wrong again. :(

• Haha