What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
Are you not interested in using the power connector under the left fender? Pretty sure that's a standard connector for all the "Standard" L tractors...
That is one of my thoughts. I'm considering getting a project box and mounting it just like Fordtech did. But, for some stupid reason, I feel like I'd like these switches better in the dashboard. I thought it would be easy to take the keyed power from the fuse box and run it up into the dash. Granted, I would need to run my OWN wire underneath the seat instead of just down to the bottom of the ROPS, but, you know how things are. Gotta make it difficult on myself.
I am also planning on running auxiliary power to the back (mainly for snowblower chute angle and deflection, but also other future expansions), and that's going to be more than the 10amps that's under the fender. So I'm thinking I'd run 30 or so amps to a project box in that location and have my auxiliary switches there. But I'm not ready to do that mod yet.

TL;DR - Yes and no...

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI

This was my approach on the lighting for my L
That's almost exactly what I was thinking for one of my options. It looks good. And it's probably way easier than the other option I'm thinking of.

gmbc

Equipment
B2650HSDC ,bucket, Forks, Front Snow blower, MMM, Tiller, Land Rake
Mar 11, 2016
Dundurn, Saskatchewan, Canada
Yesterday cleared snow with front blower. Also cleared path in yard to bird feeders as it always blows in. It is like long driveway. 😁

Reactions: 1 user

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
That is one of my thoughts. I'm considering getting a project box and mounting it just like Fordtech did. But, for some stupid reason, I feel like I'd like these switches better in the dashboard. I thought it would be easy to take the keyed power from the fuse box and run it up into the dash. Granted, I would need to run my OWN wire underneath the seat instead of just down to the bottom of the ROPS, but, you know how things are. Gotta make it difficult on myself.
I am also planning on running auxiliary power to the back (mainly for snowblower chute angle and deflection, but also other future expansions), and that's going to be more than the 10amps that's under the fender. So I'm thinking I'd run 30 or so amps to a project box in that location and have my auxiliary switches there. But I'm not ready to do that mod yet.

TL;DR - Yes and no...
I wanted to do the dash mount too, but there really isn’t a great spot to mount multiple switches there and I didn’t want to go cutting the panels. I did run a 30 amp circuit to the box from the battery for the load side of the relays to power the lights, I pulled the fuse box and tapped into the work light circuit to power the switch side of the relay. I did it that way so the lights can’t be turned on if the tractor isn’t running (got 2 little ones that love to play on it and flip switches 😂)

bmblank

Equipment
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
I wanted to do the dash mount too, but there really isn’t a great spot to mount multiple switches there and I didn’t want to go cutting the panels. I did run a 30 amp circuit to the box from the battery for the load side of the relays to power the lights, I pulled the fuse box and tapped into the work light circuit to power the switch side of the relay. I did it that way so the lights can’t be turned on if the tractor isn’t running (got 2 little ones that love to play on it and flip switches 😂)
I've been feeling up underneath the dash and I think I could put 2 switches right up near the regen switches. It would probably take some doing to get the wires there and get everything hooked up, but I'm a pretty resourceful guy. I'm with you about not being keen on putting holes in the dash, though. I *think* I could do it where it doesn't look totally horrible.

I've also got a 6 and a 4 year old. I've gotten in the habit of dropping the 3pt and using the lock on the FEL joystick any time I get off of it. I had less to worry about with the 7100 (no FEL).

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I've been feeling up underneath the dash and I think I could put 2 switches right up near the regen switches. It would probably take some doing to get the wires there and get everything hooked up, but I'm a pretty resourceful guy. I'm with you about not being keen on putting holes in the dash, though. I *think* I could do it where it doesn't look totally horrible.

I've also got a 6 and a 4 year old. I've gotten in the habit of dropping the 3pt and using the lock on the FEL joystick any time I get off of it. I had less to worry about with the 7100 (no FEL).
My two the same ages...I always set loader and 3pt down. Only took one time of starting it without paying attention that one of them had pulled the throttle all the way down and starting it at WOT to make me look at every lever now before starting it 😂

Reactions: 1 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Pushed and blew snow. It's definitely much nicer going forward instead of twisting around looking out the back window however, the led lights and mirrors work well in the dark.

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Dropped it off at the dealer for some upgrades. It’s currently snowing. Not sure if I can force myself to not use my plow and wait for my tractor and blower to be ready.

DeepWoods

Equipment
B2650HSDC Woodland Mills WC68 Wood Chipper
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
Did my 300 hour maintenance today. Didn't find any problems, just the normal fluid checks and greasing. So far, in 300 hours, no major problems to report. After I was finished, I used the box blade to groom the trails in the woods I keep open for the wife to walk our dog.

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Morning plowing of 4 inches of fresh pow, amazingly we have had no January thaw as yet and the forecast is below freezing and then subzero temps through the weekend... XC skiing once again:p

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
Plowed here too @ 4" with the back blade. After five years I'm getting the hang of it - LOL. It's not a bad way to move snow.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Blew the 4” of snow at my house with my B2930 then went to Moms and plowed her driveway with the B7500.

bmblank

Equipment
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
I didn't do anything on my tractor, but I decided how to do my switches for my work lights. I ordered a project box and some switches yesterday; I'm going to put the project box on the left fender, just behind the range selector.
The reason I finally decided to do that instead of putting it in the dash like I was planning? I wanted to add a 12v plug (and possibly USB) while I was at it. Given all the extras I'm adding, I think it'll be cleaner in the project box. Plus, then my phone charger will be right down there; I'll have to come up with some kind of pocket I can drop my phone into so it'll charge while I'm listening to music and snowblowing.
Hopefully I'll be able to work on it this weekend, though I don't know if I have the loom and the tiedowns that I want.

Reactions: 2 users

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Welded 2" receiver to the bucket to aid in moving the empty trailer around without having to hook up the 3 point adapter every time. Also finished up the mod'd brush guard.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

River19

Equipment
B2601, RB1560, BB1260 and BX2830 blower
Sep 10, 2020
NH/VT NEK
Yesterday like others took care of the 5" of powder with the blower and rear blade. That "storm" was laughable but this has been a very light snow year........bring it on !!!

bx tractorjoe

Equipment
kubota l2501 upgraded from a bx23s john deere 670 husquarvana huv 4421 gxp
Jun 3, 2020
loxahatchee flordia
Pulled my 50 diesel storage tank off my stack of carts, going to fill it up in preparation for future $4 a gallon of diesel prices. Will give me 180 gallons of fuel storage with my other tanks

Attachments

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Pulled my 50 diesel storage tank off my stack of carts, going to fill it up in preparation for future $4 a gallon of diesel prices. Will give me 180 gallons of fuel storage with my other tanks
I topped off my tank yesterday (added 140gal to my 250gal tank). Offroad has gone up .30 in the last 3 weeks here.

The new anti-energy policies are going to hurt a whole lot of low and fixed income people.

I wish I had a slick looking "green" scam I could run, I heard the name "Solyndra" is available, it sounds like a cool name - SMH.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Greased the tractor and FEL today. Assembled my new WC68 chipper and swapped the front bucket to the new stump bucket. All I have left to do on the chipper is fit the drive shaft and fill it up with ISO46. Then, let the games begin!

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Greased the tractor and FEL today. Assembled my new WC68 chipper and swapped the front bucket to the new stump bucket. All I have left to do on the chipper is fit the drive shaft and fill it up with ISO46. Then, let the games begin!
When I fit my new WC68 pto drive shaft to my B2650, I followed the directions carefully to calculate the lengths to remove from each piece and cut them as such. I would now take 1/2" more off of each piece than directed. It fits so tightly length wise that it's quite difficult to align when connecting the tractor end, as there's so little play! And the extra 1/2" off each end won't leave it anywhere near not having the minimum required overlap. Just WAY easier to connect!