What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Installed LP 301-526A hydraulic angling kit on the LR1660 today. I will need to change the hoses and route them to the 3rd function once my top and tilt arrives (another month or two), but looking forward to trying it out tomorrow off of the rear valves.

Also discovered a leak likely from the dealer installing the rear valve kit. Coming from the top most banjo bolt on the rear case, just under the seat frame. I gave it another 1/4 turn and hopefully that takes care of it, but I'm a little anxious because it was already pretty tight.

Reactions: 2 users

bx tractorjoe

Equipment
kubota l2501 upgraded from a bx23s john deere 670 husquarvana huv 4421 gxp
Jun 3, 2020
loxahatchee flordia
The l2501 helped move my 450+ pound 1970 onan cck 5 kw generator.. was a tad light in the rear with nothing on the 3 point and the generator about at the end of the forks.

Mounted it to thus jet ski trailer no one wanted to buy.. just one of my many old generators.. going to shorten the tounge a few feet tomorrow

Attachments

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
When I fit my new WC68 pto drive shaft to my B2650, I followed the directions carefully to calculate the lengths to remove from each piece and cut them as such. I would now take 1/2" more off of each piece than directed. It fits so tightly length wise that it's quite difficult to align when connecting the tractor end, as there's so little play! And the extra 1/2" off each end won't leave it anywhere near not having the minimum required overlap. Just WAY easier to connect!
Was gonna ask that very question, if anyone had any issues with the instructions for fitting the driveshaft. I'm not so sure the instructions take the full range of the 3PH lift into consideration. The geometry I'm looking at shows me that the longest length will be needed when the WC is fully lifted. Not that I'll ever run it that way, because if I do, I'm gonna need a step-ladder to reach the hopper. Looks like about a 4" elevation difference with it on 'flat' concrete in my driveway, but I haven't measured anything yet. Closer to a foot of elevation differential going up. I need to leave enough that the shaft won't pull apart with it all the way up, but not so much that it binds when the shafts are the same elevation. I'm more thinking of making sure I have at least a half inch extension at the 'neutral' position, or both shafts at same height. Maybe it won't pull apart when I lift it then. Tomorrow will tell the story. Did you fit yours with or without a quick hitch? I'm thinking I'm gonna want minimum length to fit without the QH, just in case I decide to hook it up the hard way.

Did you cut your shaft with a hack saw, or with a cut-off wheel in an angle grinder? Just curious. I'm thinking the grinder's gonna make the prettier cut. Also figured I'd ask if you put grease in everything just for gits and shiggles. Supposedly, all the bearings are greased from the factory. I don't like finding out the hard way that it was all except ONE.

Need to remember to get some more Cat 1-Cat 3 bushings for the lift arm pins, and some 1/2" hardware cloth to make my catch box when I pick up the hydraulic oil at TSC tomorrow. Had to borrow the ones I had on the box blade. Get to try out the PTO bypass button tomorrow too. Guess I better drag out the old GoPro and get some videos. Gonna have lots of fun if I don't get stuck trying to cross the first ditch. Things are VERY soggy here at the moment.

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Was gonna ask that very question, if anyone had any issues with the instructions for fitting the driveshaft. I'm not so sure the instructions take the full range of the 3PH lift into consideration. The geometry I'm looking at shows me that the longest length will be needed when the WC is fully lifted. Not that I'll ever run it that way, because if I do, I'm gonna need a step-ladder to reach the hopper. Looks like about a 4" elevation difference with it on 'flat' concrete in my driveway, but I haven't measured anything yet. Closer to a foot of elevation differential going up. I need to leave enough that the shaft won't pull apart with it all the way up, but not so much that it binds when the shafts are the same elevation. I'm more thinking of making sure I have at least a half inch extension at the 'neutral' position, or both shafts at same height. Maybe it won't pull apart when I lift it then. Tomorrow will tell the story. Did you fit yours with or without a quick hitch? I'm thinking I'm gonna want minimum length to fit without the QH, just in case I decide to hook it up the hard way.

Did you cut your shaft with a hack saw, or with a cut-off wheel in an angle grinder? Just curious. I'm thinking the grinder's gonna make the prettier cut. Also figured I'd ask if you put grease in everything just for gits and shiggles. Supposedly, all the bearings are greased from the factory. I don't like finding out the hard way that it was all except ONE.

Need to remember to get some more Cat 1-Cat 3 bushings for the lift arm pins, and some 1/2" hardware cloth to make my catch box when I pick up the hydraulic oil at TSC tomorrow. Had to borrow the ones I had on the box blade. Get to try out the PTO bypass button tomorrow too. Guess I better drag out the old GoPro and get some videos. Gonna have lots of fun if I don't get stuck trying to cross the first ditch. Things are VERY soggy here at the moment.
I cut the shaft with an angle grinder cutoff disk, then put a regular grinding disk on to touch it up slightly. Fyi with the shaft cut to the supplied specs like I did, the easiest way to complete the hookup to the tractor's pto shaft is to raise the 3point all the way first.

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada

I also lubed everything b4 1st use.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
The banjo bolt that I tightened yesterday is no longer leaking, so thats fixed.

After that, in 18 degree weather, I spread all the dirt I excavated from this driveway expansion, all over this guys yard, and it vanished into thin air! :LOL:

I love using the gauge wheel set on the landscape rake, it makes such a nice finished product. I can't believe I even attempted to use the rake previously without them.

Reactions: 4 users

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Took a look around underneath to make sure no problems were developing. Of course my partner had to help, he doesn’t let me go near tractor unless he’s around - waiting for his ride.
D30114E1-A4E2-468A-8168-8F0F35FF8F42.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users

BA76

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5400 Tractor, RB3784 Rear Blade, RCF2072 Brush Mower, FDR1672 Finish Mower
Dec 21, 2020
Illinois
Took a look around underneath to make sure no problems were developing. Of course my partner had to help, he doesn’t let me go near tractor unless he’s around - waiting for his ride.
View attachment 54131
He’s awesome! My two love it when I get on the ground like that to tend to something. They are just so happy that I decided it was play time! 😊

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Pushed and blew some snow. Broke a couple of shear bolts and found out my snow blower chain is stretched and the tensioner is maxed out when the chain came off. Spent more time working on the blower then moving snow.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I've been blowing snow with a tractor for 20 years at same house, often in the dark.

Road can be busy. People don't pay attention, even in daylight.

BX hazards are just auto 1156 bulbs, the taillights are 912. Replaced both with LED today. Changed the headlights with 881 LED years ago, but honestly the headlights are useless as they're blocked by blower.

The LED's on the ROPS I added years ago. They look like "antennae" but I have to take them off to mow...

I like to see and be seen.

58A63442-1E9A-4700-BFD1-BACE30AFB9A1.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

DeepWoods

Equipment
B2650HSDC Woodland Mills WC68 Wood Chipper
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
Drove my tractor 3 miles up the road to spend a couple hours blowing out my freinds drive and parking area at his cabin. Had over a foot of mostly virgin snow to blow out. Some of his drive had previously been driven on so that took a little more time but all together wasnt a bad day. Didnt even bust a shear bolt👍

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
loaded round bales in the cattle feeders, took the forks off, put the bucket on a flipped the blower around so if I need it tomorrow I can hitch it up. Hopefully not. Just as soon used the bucket to do the drives. If it gets too bad, I'll mount the 10 foot plow on the front and put the front wheel chains on. Supposed to get 3-7 tonight into tomorrow and first over an inch. I don't bother with anything unless it's 5 or better.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Pushed and blew some snow. Broke a couple of shear bolts and found out my snow blower chain is stretched and the tensioner is maxed out when the chain came off. Spent more time working on the blower then moving snow.
I oil my auger chain everytime I use the blower with chainsaw bar oil. It takes a lot of abuse. Blower is 12 years old and I've never adjusted the chain slack.

Reactions: 1 user

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
E1C6A258-39FA-42A9-B5E4-4DF3F5FE41C1.jpeg

No snow, no problem....well besides reminding myself its still too wet to play...I mean work

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
I oil my auger chain everytime I use the blower with chainsaw bar oil. It takes a lot of abuse. Blower is 12 years old and I've never adjusted the chain slack.
I picked up the blower used a couple months ago and I think it's between 10-15 years old. I had given it the once over and noticed the chain was light.y rusted but didn't notice how slack it was. I think if I take 2-3 links out I'll have the adjustment I need. Thanks for the tip on the bar oil. I'll use that from now on.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I picked up the blower used a couple months ago and I think it's between 10-15 years old. I had given it the once over and noticed the chain was light.y rusted but didn't notice how slack it was. I think if I take 2-3 links out I'll have the adjustment I need. Thanks for the tip on the bar oil. I'll use that from now on.
I would replace the chain. If it has stretched 2 -3 chain links then the links will not fit onto the sprocket correctly. This will result in the need to replace the sprockets as well as the chain. Lube the new chain in a container of oil before you install it and keep oiling it every time you use it.

Reactions: 1 user

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
I would replace the chain. If it has stretched 2 -3 chain links then the links will not fit onto the sprocket correctly. This will result in the need to replace the sprockets as well as the chain. Lube the new chain in a container of oil before you install it and keep oiling it every time you use it.
Thank you for the advice. I hadn't thought of it getting misaligned by shortening it. I'll source a new chain this week.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Right on. I do love Northern Vermont, all of Vermont actually. I get up to Pittsburg, NH several times a year and we regularly go in and out of VT. My wifes family is from the Vergennes area.
I grew up in Middlebury and have quite a bit of family around Addison county, including Vergennes.

I love the area but won't move back to the state. Step sister's rent on a crappy 3 bedroom apartment is double what my mortgage, insurance and property taxes are here in Arkansas.

The job situation in that state is even worse.