What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

BXHoosier

Equipment
BX24
Jan 21, 2018
Indiana
Cut down a small tree and used the hydraulic thumb on my BX24 backhoe to pick up the tree to cut it up.

murph1068

Equipment
bx25d
Sep 6, 2016
Willowgrove PA
Well they delivered the shed and before he took it off the truck I said it looks beautiful except the doors and window configuration are wrong. The double doors are supposed to be on the short side with a man door and evenly placed windows on the long side. The driver was very professional and made some calls and asked if I would accept delivery and they will come out to fix the problem on site. He said I'm guessing the purpose is to get your tractor in there isn't it? Yep

The driver wasn't gone 10 minutes before I got a call to set up an appt. to fix the problem. We came to an agreement to leave the long side as it is and just add the door to the original location. They showed up when they said they would and knocked it out. This is my second purchase from them and they as well were very professional.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Well they delivered the shed
That's service! Murph that came out awesome, you really made short work of it. I think our sheds came from the same place, they look identically finished on the inside. The "new" configuration is even better than the original plan too. It looks really great. A suitable home for Tractor :)

I built out a rack in the back section to store implements on pallets and just pull them off as needed with a set of light duty SSQA forks.

what kind of floor do you have in there?

sparky45

Equipment
L 3301DT
Dec 5, 2018
SEDAN
Actually yesterday; I received my Brush Grubber and tried it out. I was able to pull out a 4" diameter, 20' tall tree with my L3301. Took 4 wheel drive and 4 attempts, but it finally gave way. Tap root was over 2' long and was bedded in sandstone. I must say, very impressed with the Grubber's ability.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Here is yesterday's progress on my shed. Trusses up!

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk
That is one serious set of trusses!
Normally pole barns have much less and smaller trusses.

I really like yours!

TimP

Equipment
B3000
Jan 16, 2012
Baltimore, MD. USA
Hi murph1068.

Any chance you can give ue (me) the name/contact info for the outfit in Lancaster that you bought the shed from?

I have been thinking of getting a large shed, or possibly building a Garage.

I think a large shed may be cheaper.

Thanks, Tim

murph1068

Equipment
bx25d
Sep 6, 2016
Willowgrove PA
The floor is called a smart finish wood, first time I heard of it actually. I also had them beef up the floor and put the joists on 12 inch center rather than 16's. I'm crazy with organization, it's a sickness my mother gave me.

Last edited:

murph1068

Equipment
bx25d
Sep 6, 2016
Willowgrove PA
Hi murph1068.

Any chance you can give ue (me) the name/contact info for the outfit in Lancaster that you bought the shed from?

I have been thinking of getting a large shed, or possibly building a Garage.

I think a large shed may be cheaper.

Thanks, Tim
https://www.mysheds.com/sheds/storage-sheds

The site is actually pretty cool, you can virtually build what you want and see it in 3d then submit it for a quote.

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
2 x 6 bottom chord is what caught my eye on those shed trusses. Looks like they were engineered to handle stuff stored on them, not just roof loads. Like bonus room trusses. I see more trusses then anyone on this site probably, with my crane business, and those are unusually stout! Feel free to store lumber or whatever (within reason) up inside them, if that wasn't already what you had in mind.

Tbucket32

Equipment
B7500
Jul 6, 2019
Puslinch,Ontario Canada
2 x 6 bottom chord is what caught my eye on those shed trusses. Looks like they were engineered to handle stuff stored on them, not just roof loads. Like bonus room trusses. I see more trusses then anyone on this site probably, with my crane business, and those are unusually stout! Feel free to store lumber or whatever (within reason) up inside them, if that wasn't already what you had in mind.
I'm not sure why they are so heavy, but there will definitely be "stuff" up there!!

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
My 50+ year old spreader my grandpa bought finally took a dump on me so I had to buy a new one. Only put out 2500 lbs of fertilizer with this one but very happy with Tarter so far.

Attachments

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
My tractor has been contributing to my backyard bar build. Snagged a lift+ of 16' 2x4s salvaged from a lumber truck fire for pennies, and framed it all in. Putting the sheeting on now. Next is electrical and plumbing (even found a urinal!). Then windows and siding. Loving this self isolation - its letting me catch up on my list of projects.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
The stay at home mandate has been a real blessing for me. I'm making progress on several projects. Got the old shed all demolished and cleaned up, almost ready to paint old refurbished 5' RFM, misc. repairs around the house, etc.

There are 4 or 5 trees here that have been dying for the past few years. As a warm-up exercise yesterday I took a small one down. It was rooted into the creek bank. The trunk was only about 18". After pruning it to about 10', I hooked a chain high and coaxed it down with the tractor. The semicircular furrows are where the top of the trunk scraped the ground when I pulled it from side to side to get the roots to let go.

When it did come free, the weight was a bit much for the tractor to pick it out of the creek. so I wrapped the chain around it and pulled. It rolled right up over the bank like magic. Had to pause for a photo op as it cleared the bank.

Found a picture from a couple years ago when the tree was healthier. It's the one roughly centered behind the bridge.

When the root ball was up on dry land there was an interesting-looking root. The wood looks a lot like an uncooked chicken breast or raw fish fillet. For scale, the pink is about 6" in width.

Now there's another project to add to the list. The brush forks I had were made specifically to fit the L3200 that was sold a few months ago and were part of that package. They were very useful over the years and with the work ahead it's going to be fab time again.

Attachments

JamieHC

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Jul 6, 2019
Emerald
Got another section of new grassed area finished off. Drainage, edging, lighting and irrigation all put in before the soil and grass seed.

On to the next one...