What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Jblac197

Equipment
L3800, bush hog, tiller snowblower
Aug 21, 2018
Hibbing
After a big snowstorm, with the usual high winds, I had 3 foot drifts across my rural driveway. No problem getting cleared, with the L3301's 6' snowblade (with power angle) in front, and the blower on the rear. But for some reason I decided to make the final pass with the blade curled forward a bit and the tractor in reverse. What this left behind was a perfectly smooth surface, WITH NO TRACTOR WHEEL MARKS! So I made another pass, overlapping the other, and then a an hour later when the dog was taking me for a walk, I smoothed out the small skiffle left over between the two passes, making my driveway looking totally buffed out! But, since I'm at the end (at least during the winter, the county plow stops at my place)of a county gravel road, no one else got to see my great work except me and the dog.
Where did you purchase your snowblade? I have an l3800 with a 6' 3 point blower but I'm not really impressed with it. It's at its lowest setting and still doesn't really get down to my driveway, leaves big tire tracks and it's a mess when we get a warm day or 2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

BX23S

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2022 Kubota L3901 FEL, BH, GRAPPLE, PALLET FORK, SNOW PLOW and Hard Canopy
Sep 1, 2018
ID
Wow! That’s nice! I had a Rhino about 10 years ago and loved it. They’re much better looking now! I had a 6’ plow on mine and she was a snow plowing beast! I was impressed with how well it worked with the exception of those wet heavy storms of a foot or more. You’ll have fun with that! What part of the country are you in?
Thanks! We are located in Washington State Pacific NW. Mine is a 2008 so I've had it for over 10 years now and it works great like it should.

BX23S

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Sep 1, 2018
ID
It was a warm (51*) dry day today so I got the BX working on trail in the woods, it was too dark to clean when I finished.

BX23S

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Sep 1, 2018
ID
Dropped the BH again to mount my 3PT and new auger today. Then tried it out to set some post to finish off a retaining wall...
Nice job with those 4x4 fence posts!
What size auger bit did you use to make the post holes?

pinstripefan90

Equipment
BX25D, FEL&BH, Piranha tooth bar, Bucket hooks, Pallet forks, Back blade
Sep 8, 2017
New York
Well I just rigged up a old ATV plow to the FEL since we are expecting 4"-8" of snow tomorrow and this evening when I decided to fire up the plow truck and it didnt want to run...fun fun

Last edited:

dbarefoot

Equipment
BX23S
Dec 7, 2018
Salem, AL
Nice job with those 4x4 fence posts!
What size auger bit did you use to make the post holes?
These are 6x6 post. I bought a 9" auger for the hole digger. Probably going to order a 12" auger as well. This is a full size 48" long auger and the BX23S has no problem at all with it.

Put the wall together today and started back filling...

Attachments

BX23S

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Sep 1, 2018
ID
These are 6x6 post. I bought a 9" auger for the hole digger. Probably going to order a 12" auger as well. This is a full size 48" long auger and the BX23S has no problem at all with it.

Put the wall together today and started back filling...
It looks great awesome work!

I'm getting ready to do a fence in the spring to keep the dogs corralled, wedon't want them wondering in the woods since we have bears, bobcats, coyotes etc. So in the interim I'm planning and creating a list of parts and attachments that will be needed to complete the project.

dbarefoot

Equipment
BX23S
Dec 7, 2018
Salem, AL
It looks great awesome work!

I'm getting ready to do a fence in the spring to keep the dogs corralled, wedon't want them wondering in the woods since we have bears, bobcats, coyotes etc. So in the interim I'm planning and creating a list of parts and attachments that will be needed to complete the project.
Thanks for the complement. This auger sure beats digging by hand. Took me longer attaching it to the BX than to dig the 6 post holes...about 10 mins total to dig the holes. If you are planning a fence with a lot of post, definitely get yourself one.

BX23S

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Sep 1, 2018
ID
Thanks for the complement. This auger sure beats digging by hand. Took me longer attaching it to the BX than to dig the 6 post holes...about 10 mins total to dig the holes. If you are planning a fence with a lot of post, definitely get yourself one.
I will definitely get one, it's included in the list of things to get.

Keep the pics coming.:)

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
After plowing my gravel driveway, I accidentally discovered if I made my last pass in reverse, with the front blade tilted just right, the tractor's wheel tracks will disappear! Getting into the spirit of it, I made another overlapping pass, and after parking the L3301 walked out with the dog and buffed out the little riffle in between the two passes. The driveway was left looking like you could shoot pool on it, the best snow clearing job in my rural neighborhood! But nobody noticed, no traffic all day..... my place is the last one the county clears the road to, and they have a sign about 30' past my entrance, NO WINTER MAINTENANCE BEYOND THIS POINT, so it was a pointless exercise, and a one time deal, but fun none the less.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Did a bit of wood cutting this past weekend. Storms a week ago with gusts up to 60 took down the tops of some dead Ash trees on my property line. Went out and had some fun with the B3200, chain saw and son. The Bolt on Hooks came in handy for rolling the trunk back over for easy cutting and pulling large limbs out of the scrub. Still have a good 15' of trunk left to cut up averaging 2.5 - 3' in diameter. Nice dry firewood. Tooth bar came in handy for ripping out more field olives to give me a clearer workspace too.

Attachments

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Ran it to temperature again. It hasn't moved in 3 or 4 weeks. Sits there with battery maintainer on... I'm still okay with that!

Noticed fan belt had some slack, and tightened it up. Better look to get a new one, and figure out how to change it this spring.

Saying 2 or 3 days of lake effect; up to a foot in places. Just never know where it's gonna fall...

Wish driveway was froze down....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mainah

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501HST, BLMX3164 blower, BB1266 box blade, BX42S chipper, Titan forks
Feb 26, 2018
Standish, Maine
After I took the BB off and mounted the snowblower we got 4” of slop so I had to use the bucket. Then it froze solid

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Dropped and hauled out some of next years firewood yesterday and then at the end of the day like Mainah said had to clean up about 4" of slop using the BB and blower.

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
Plowed the driveway out last night. Tonight I will be putting the loader on to move some of the larger piles so they don't become a problem when more snow comes.

Looks like winter is finally here. The question now is, how late into spring is this one going to last? Last spring was a mess.

wgator

Equipment
L4701HST, FEL and other stuff.
Jul 28, 2018
NC
Helped the neighbor move his new chicken coop into location. Thank god I have MFWD on it or I would have gotten tractor stuck in the mud.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Warmed up the M9 for 20 minutes (it's 20 here) and then loaded round bales in the feeders for the stock. Not muddy here, everything is frozen solid.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Ran it to temperature again. It hasn't moved in 3 or 4 weeks. Sits there with battery maintainer on... I'm still okay with that!

Noticed fan belt had some slack, and tightened it up. Better look to get a new one, and figure out how to change it this spring.

Saying 2 or 3 days of lake effect; up to a foot in places. Just never know where it's gonna fall...

Wish driveway was froze down....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I see you have a bio-fuel stove. Us too but I'm not using it this winter. Propane and pellets are about the same cost per BTU this winter.

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Replaced both upper rear hazard lights after breaking the factory units while working in the woods. Gotta cut my trails wider and higher.
Bought some generic units and mounted them under the bracket to give them a bit more protection.
Got them all wired back up and discovered, after blowing 2 fuses trying to get them working, that I had mistakenly mixed up the hot and ground wires:eek:
Had to run to town to get more fuses and by then it was too late and too cold tp fix things.
Tomorrow...

Last edited: