Westendorf Rear-ender,3point on B6100D

2pats2

Equipment
B6100D,snow blower,rear blade,belly mower,dozer blade and rear ender buckket
Jan 26, 2010
Gibsonia,Penna.
I have a B6100D with a 3 point dump bucket called a "Rear-ender" made by Westendorf.I sent for a manual but can`t adjust the automatic dump correctly.Problem is that as soon as I raise the bucket more then a inch or so it starts to go into the dump mode.If I adjust the chain to get more hight to transport the load then the bucket will not tilt to dump.Dose anyone have any experence or knowlage of how to adjust this attachment ?
Thank`s
Patrick

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
Is this a pond scoop. I have one of those on myB7100 and you may need to adjust the top link to make it dump correctly. If I make the top link longer it will tilt more. I raise the scoop to move the dirt while traveling . You may need to shorten yours mine fills while moving forward . Try lenghtening top link and making it shorter. One of the two should work . handy

2pats2

Equipment
Jan 26, 2010
Gibsonia,Penna.
Handyman,Thank`s for the get back.What I have is not a pond scoop but more like a FEL,front end loader but it is mounted on the rear 3 point hitch,You back into the materal then partially lift the bucket to transport.When you want to dump you lift the bucket all the way and there is a automatic trip feature that dumps the materal.Problem is that it wants to start dumping as soon as I start raising the bucket.I know there is a way to adjust the top link or the arms on the bucket but I cant figure it out.

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
My top link has a screw adjustment threads should be visable. If you dont see threads you will have a arm on the screw part that is a locking nut you may need to loosen it on order to turn the link itself. hope yo can see screw sounds like you need to shorten in not lengthen. You may end up getting a shorter top link. Wait I am sure someone like tralidust, vic or dusty will jump in I dont know how to post pictures or I would:(. They are much better at explining things than I am:eek: ) handy

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
Went to their website. ;)It is a nice piece of equipment . Lot nicer than my pond scoop beleive it still operates on same principal hang in there Vic or dusty or someone will jump in soon maybe. Good luck handy

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hi 2pats2. Handyman gives me too much credit. I have never had anything to do with a rear bucket and I can't find any good pictures of the lift dump mechanism online. I can think of a couple of ways it could be done. If you could post a couple of pictures it would help. Maybe some one will chime in that has one or has experience with one. We will gladly help if we can. Good luck and keep us posted.:D Dusty

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
Dusty I give credit where credit is due you vic wildfire traildust and ob1 and several others have been into these tractors and attachments awhile. Thats what I like see people jumping in. BY the way havent heard from ob1 for several days that is another who knows these things in and out and will go 2 extra miles to help someone:D.handy

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Dusty I give credit where credit is due you vic wildfire traildust and ob1 and several others have been into these tractors and attachments awhile. Thats what I like see people jumping in. BY the way havent heard from ob1 for several days that is another who knows these things in and out and will go 2 extra miles to help someone:D.handy
handy you are a very kind man. I was floored when I noticed my name on your list. To be honost, I wish that I knew half the stuff that the seasoned guys have forgotten :(

As long as I'm making wish's, I might as well toss a really big one out there and wish that I could weld like you!

Scott

2pats2

Equipment
Jan 26, 2010
Gibsonia,Penna.
Hay Guys,thank`s for the come backs.This is a very unique rear bucket.To my knowlage Westendorf is the only one that makes one like it.There are actually three adjustments to be made.One is to the hight of the tower bars.The bars are what the top link attaches to. The second is to the top link it self,I did buy a shorter link, and the third is to the length of the chain that controls the automatic dump feature.Sound pretty complicated and it is.I have it working to the point wher I can raise it about 2in. to transport and maby that is the best that it can do on this B6100D application.It was formerly on a some what larger tractor.I will try to post some pictures.
Thank`s again ............Patrick

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
Congrads glad you got it working . Looks like a nice piece piece of equipment on their website.handy

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Hay Guys,thank`s for the come backs.This is a very unique rear bucket.To my knowlage Westendorf is the only one that makes one like it.There are actually three adjustments to be made.One is to the hight of the tower bars.The bars are what the top link attaches to. The second is to the top link it self,I did buy a shorter link, and the third is to the length of the chain that controls the automatic dump feature.Sound pretty complicated and it is.I have it working to the point wher I can raise it about 2in. to transport and maby that is the best that it can do on this B6100D application.It was formerly on a some what larger tractor.I will try to post some pictures.
Thank`s again ............Patrick
That does sound complicated, almost like trying to figure out a Rubic's Cube :eek:

Maybe when you get to post some pic's more advice will come along.
Hopefully more than 2 inches can be obtained, or maybe not. But that 2 inches doesn't sound like enough to clear terrain while on the move.

Scott

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
handy you are a very kind man. I was floored when I noticed my name on your list. To be honost, I wish that I knew half the stuff that the seasoned guys have forgotten :(

As long as I'm making wish's, I might as well toss a really big one out there and wish that I could weld like you!

Scott
Ah Handy the boy is to modest. traildust is a breath of fresh air here and to be honest it's good guys like him that keeps drawing me back here over and over again. Scott your a credit to this site my friend where you know it or not. Take a bow Scott ;)

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
WOW. Well fellas I am truely stumped on this one. I've never seen a rear bucket like that one before. Which is pretty much a FEL except its on the butt end of the tractor. From what I've seen on the website it does not look to be a very deep bucket, which looks like it would be a balancing act just to try and use it. I am totally at a loss on this one. Wish I could help more but on this I'd have to see upclose and personal, then I could get it straight. Oh and thanks for the kind words on my behalf. I can assure you that most of what I know about tractoring has come from the School Of Hard Knocks. I grew up running my dad's Kubota but it was nothing more then little piddly things like bushoging or lite grading. I dare say its 10% what I was taught and 90% of what I learned the hard way by trial and error. Believe me I've made my fair share of mistakes and have had to pay the price to fix my mistakes.

Marty394

Equipment
L3010 w/ Cab, RCR 1560, RB 1584, SMC Loader, KK II 60" Gear Drive Tiller
Feb 28, 2010
Wisconsin
So if the chain is what initiates the dump, what happens when you disconnect the chain? That's where I'd start. If it wants to dump then, it is probably a top link adjustment. Could also try to move the top link to a different hole on the tractor end also. As far as the chain, I would also look for different locations to attach it. Therefore changing the point at which it initiates the dump. also lengthening the chain should cause the dump to delay. Not sure about the other height adjustment.

Bob