Under Seat PTO Switch

rockster

Equipment
LE3560HST; LA555 Loader; 6’ Finish Mower; Grapple & Forks
Sep 15, 2021
Inverness; Florida
I just installed a PTO switch on my L3560LE that mounts on side of seat to keep tractor running when I get out of seat with PTO engaged. How come the tractor still shuts down when I get out of seat. The connector was there already just had to plug it in and screw it down.
ED71D35E-E114-4F37-8F62-BB3010FEB6C8.jpeg

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I don't know how the new 3560LE is wired up, so you should get a shop manual to identify the part you connected to. Wiring diagrams and parts lists can be found online at Kubota website. However the 3560 has a seat switch INSIDE the seat, so you may not have connected to the right part.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I don't know how the new 3560LE is wired up, so you should get a shop manual to identify the part you connected to. Wiring diagrams and parts lists can be found online at Kubota website. However the 3560 has a seat switch INSIDE the seat, so you may not have connected to the right part.
I don’t know the difference in the 3560 and 3560LE. But the 3560 manual clearly shows two sensors. One in the seat and the tilt switch is external.

14495DA7-DDB6-4F9C-9A06-A499037733B3.jpeg

Last edited:

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I just installed a PTO switch on my L3560LE that mounts on side of seat to keep tractor running when I get out of seat with PTO engaged. How come the tractor still shuts down when I get out of seat. The connector was there already just had to plug it in and screw it down. View attachment 66573
37EDA948-7B03-4502-AA24-2835DD9DB77D.jpeg

hard to tell from the pic, but is that connector fully seated on the new switch? In the picture it looks like it may not be?

Last edited:

rockster

Equipment
Sep 15, 2021
Inverness; Florida
Well there is one two wire connector going to switch in seat. The second two wire connector in picture is the one I connected the new switch to. It is fully seated as I checked. The difference between the L and LE on the LE there’s no cruise control switch…No PTO Switch (The one I just installed) and there is no seat tilt switch. So I know it is wired correctly as it is plug and play. Why it’s not working is beyond me.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
C366B494-C7DB-4060-BCAA-21694B7EF798.jpeg

Do you have the seat flipped up before engaging the PTO or are you engaging it while sitting in the seat then getting up and flipping the seat?

rockster

Equipment
Sep 15, 2021
Inverness; Florida
View attachment 66618
Do you have the seat flipped up before engaging the PTO or are you engaging it while sitting in the seat then getting up and flipping the seat?
. If I’m seating in the seat with PTO engaged and I want to get up with PTO engaged the tractor shuts down. The switch I installed is supposed to keep tractor running while out of seat.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
. If I’m seating in the seat with PTO engaged and I want to get up with PTO engaged the tractor shuts down. The switch I installed is supposed to keep tractor running while out of seat.
The way I read it you need to have the seat in the flipped position before engaging the pto

rockster

Equipment
Sep 15, 2021
Inverness; Florida
The way I read it you need to have the seat in the flipped position before engaging the pto
Well I guess that defeats the purpose I installed the switch for. Im going to try that later today. Thanks For You Response. 👍

rockster

Equipment
Sep 15, 2021
Inverness; Florida
Well I guess that defeats the purpose I installed the switch for. Im going to try that later today. Thanks For You Response. 👍
I guess that’s only for running a generator; ect when not in tractor. Guess I’m going to have to unplug the wire going to switch inside seat and put a jumper wire on it.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I guess that’s only for running a generator; ect when not in tractor. Guess I’m going to have to unplug the wire going to switch inside seat and put a jumper wire on it.
I do not have seat switches on either of my tractors. So I personally do not see the need for them, but do realize they have to offer some form of extra protection.

What I would do is get out my roll of electrical tape, and just tape the switch in the position that it normally is when the seat depresses it. Problem solved, at the expense of losing whatever protection the seat switch offers, as compared to not having one to begin with...

Edit: the switch is inside the seat? Might be more difficult to tape it then...LOL.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
would it be easier to just trick the operator presence switch to thinking someone is on the machine? (being mindful of losing a safety system)

Im not sure if the seat is similar to the ones on the LX or B series, but if you remove the bottom of the seat cover (~6 screws) the seat switch is exposed and you could just jumper it with a piece of wire with two blade connectors

seen here bottom middle.

Last edited:

rockster

Equipment
Sep 15, 2021
Inverness; Florida
I do not have seat switches on either of my tractors. So I personally do not see the need for them, but do realize they have to offer some form of extra protection.

What I would do is get out my roll of electrical tape, and just tape the switch in the position that it normally is when the seat depresses it. Problem solved, at the expense of losing whatever protection the seat switch offers, as compared to not having one to begin with...

Edit: the switch is inside the seat? Might be more difficult to tape it then...LOL.
Great idea. But there is no way to get to switch inside the seat. Guess they don’t want you to disengage it for safety reasons.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Great idea. But there is no way to get to switch inside the seat. Guess they don’t want you to disengage it for safety reasons.
I have a regrettably dim memory of dealer removing a panel on the back of seat to adjust mine with a piece of cardboard since I wasn't heavy enough to keep it running when go pedal was depressed. So it is possible.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
You could wire in a toggle switch into the wire coming out of the seat, that will bridge the two wires when the switch is flipped to the on position. That way, you can turn it on or off whenever you want to. No need to dig into the seat itself.

Reactions: 1 user

rockster

Equipment
Sep 15, 2021
Inverness; Florida
You could wire in a toggle switch into the wire coming out of the seat, that will bridge the two wires when the switch is flipped to the on position. That way, you can turn it on or off whenever you want to. No need to dig into the seat itself.
Great idea. Never thought of putting a toggle switch in. This way when I’m mowing and think something is wrong I can just flip the switch and can get out of tractor and it will keep running. Thank You 👍

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
It will also protect you in the event that you are tossed off the tractor or some other type of accident, where you want the tractor to stop immediately. Nothing worse than being run over by your own tractor.

rockster

Equipment
Sep 15, 2021
Inverness; Florida
It will also protect you in the event that you are tossed off the tractor or some other type of accident, where you want the tractor to stop immediately. Nothing worse than being run over by your own tractor.
Yeah I guess your right. Safety First. I do have a cab on mine. But you never know what will happen. Thanks 👍

rockster

Equipment
Sep 15, 2021
Inverness; Florida
I seen what you wrote in the email I received. I just want to put a switch there so when I think something is wrong while mowing I can get out and tractor doesn’t shut down and see what’s going on. But leave switch engaged all the time. Don’t want it bypassed all the time.