Tractor ran 50' and Stopped

Pocolilli16

Aug 22, 2015
Tellico Plains, Tn
I have a L Series Kubota. I pulled it out of the barn, loaded a few logs on the front end loader. Drove forward 50' and tractor stopped. Checked all fluids, fuel and setting. Lights go on just won't turn over. Help!! Got a lot of work to do and am stressing :confused:

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
I have a L Series Kubota. I pulled it out of the barn, loaded a few logs on the front end loader. Drove forward 50' and tractor stopped. Checked all fluids, fuel and setting. Lights go on just won't turn over. Help!! Got a lot of work to do and am stressing :confused:
Need more detail.

Did it act like run out of fuel,

Look at fuel filter...... any gunk? Any water?

What L model and year? Newer L's probably have safty switches like on the seat and clutch that can go faulty and not let engine start/run

Last edited:

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
also wouldn't hurt to check all the fuses, corrosion can make for poor connection.the not turning over tells me its a safety switch or a cut/broken wire.

Pocolilli16

Aug 22, 2015
Tellico Plains, Tn
Thank you for the responses. I have a 2012 L4240-3.
Has only 63 hrs on it. Fuses were checked. Called dealer who thought it was a safety switch. Wanted to go there today so they could show me where to look. Bear with me guys...I'm a female trying to use my tractor. Manual is complicated lol;)

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Thank you for the responses. I have a 2012 L4240-3.
Has only 63 hrs on it. Fuses were checked. Called dealer who thought it was a safety switch. Wanted to go there today so they could show me where to look. Bear with me guys...I'm a female trying to use my tractor. Manual is complicated lol;)
As a female - you are more likely to READ the manual and do what is says!:)
US men are too hardheaded to read! ;)

I too am betting a safety switch - flip your seat up - look for all of them - IF you can - zip tie them down and see if that fixes the problem. then remove the zip ties and locate the one that is causing the problem - might be out of alignment - which will be an easy fix. Or maybe it is bad - if bad the zip tie might not make it work.

report back what you find!:)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Little more info please.
Which L4240-3 ? DT, HST, GST ?
Cab Or no Cab?
Sorry for all the questions but on the newer models it really does matter as the systems are different. ;)

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Maybe you're not putting enough weight on the seat for the switch to function. Might have to gain some weight!!!

My wife has the same problem with her zero turn. Gets going too fast and the engine cuts out, backfires, and goes again----all in milliseconds.

Pocolilli16

Aug 22, 2015
Tellico Plains, Tn
Ok guys got an error reading ERROR 63.0. h
Read in the manual it's my solenoid. Is this something I need to have the dealer look at or is it simple enough for me to take care of. Just a haul bill is 150 rt:eek: thanks everyone for your input!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Fuel solenoid problem,
#1 check all fuses, under steering wheel left side.
#2 check connections to the solenoid (see pic)
If all looks good with those, and you don't want to play mechanic,
#3 if it's in warranty see if they will come out to fix it! :(
If you do want to play mechanic, remove the bolts holding the solenoid, remove it and it should start, Note to shut it down, push the lever directly above it or reinstall the solenoid.
I'll PM you (top right) with a contact info if you need immediate help in the middle of working on it. ;)

Attachments

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I agree with the dealer comming out its under warranty ,,though my guess would be toward a safety switch coming unglued some place.. Just MHO

Pocolilli16

Aug 22, 2015
Tellico Plains, Tn
Just got off the phone with Kubota service. I was told by the mechanic its most likely a fuel problem and have seen a lot this summer :( Since I don't trust myself to do it alone they will pick it up. Also getting the 50 hr oil change while they have it. Don't know why I bought a tractor lol. Couldn't find anyone to bush hog thought it be easier. Definately more expensive. Thx everyone for your input.

en_teng

Equipment
B7001
Aug 13, 2013
Pacific Islander
Just got off the phone with Kubota service. I was told by the mechanic its most likely a fuel problem and have seen a lot this summer :( Since I don't trust myself to do it alone they will pick it up. Also getting the 50 hr oil change while they have it. Don't know why I bought a tractor lol. Couldn't find anyone to bush hog thought it be easier. Definately more expensive. Thx everyone for your input.
where is your husband to do the fix :D

update this thread if your problem solved by kubota service :cool:

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Poco,

You'll get it all "figgered" out and then in six months you will wonder how you got along without a tractor! I promise!

Just for giggles: Mine acted similarly after I bumped the PTO lever on the right side of the seat. Machine was dead. Cycled PTO lever/switch and seated it in OFF and the machine started up and ran like magic. EZ and only takes a second to check.

Good luck.

Ray

Last edited:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Hang in there, these tractors have a steep learning curve. You are not the only lady person on the forum :) Ask the dealer to go over general maintenance and care of a tractor especially items if it is used only sporadically. If it is fuel, and there have been lots of people with problems, there are some things you can do to make life easier. I wouldn't be without mine, I have a couple of horses and sheep, and it makes life much easier. Write back and we can make some suggestions on the fuel issue.