snowblower grease fitting

eddie

Oct 17, 2009
ottawa ontario
I took the snowblower and sub-frame off last weekend and was out yesterday greasing and oiling it before I put it away for the summer. The auger has a grease fitting on each side and when I pulled the grease gun away from the fitting it stayed in the grease gun. It looks like it was pressed into the auger, it doesn't appear to have threads on it, just a ridge around the base and the base is really short, so it won't interfere with the shaft inside. Do any of you folks have any ideas on putting it back in or replacing it? I'm thinking I'll just take out a C-clamp and press it back into place.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I think I would go with a new grease fitting instead of reusing the old one. The way I have always put the drive type fittings in is with a socket. Find a socket that will fit around the ball of the fitting but still rest on the base. That way when it's hammered in the fitting won't be damaged. Plus you then have a way to line the fitting up properly. Hope this helps.

joekimtkd

Equipment
B7510DT, 4' Snow blower, 4' Loader, 6' Blade, 6' 3PH Finish mower, 6' box blade,
Aug 16, 2009
Durham Ontario Canada
I had toooooooo many troubles of those grease fitting too on almost everything. Maybe I don't know how to pull it out gently but it is a big time pain.

My Cub cuddet Zero turn mower has those trouble a lot. so I had to buy thread type grease fitting which one size bigger and using tap and screw into new hole and that stays good.

But snow blower is made out of metal... what if I use Mig welder to tack welding on~:rolleyes:
I know it will be risky if you ever have to change that again, you might have to use the angle grinder and drill the hole again.
But those non-threaded grease fitting will never stays same ever again.
It will keep on pops out~!:cool:

Scott might know far better than me. 'cause he is Air craft mechanic...:eek:
so he might have to deal with a lot of those grease fitting.
What do you think Scott? One more week, I'll be free man again~ Scott.
Then I could start drive down to Florida for a coffee and King crab legs~:D

Joe.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Be sure to get it as straight as possible when you start it in. Maybe you will get lucky and it will stay put. If not it's time to get out the old tap and put some threads in.

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
As others said. Use a socket to drive the new fitting on. Some nipples aren't threaded. There just press on.
One of the problems with using those grease guns if the nipple of the gun has to good of a grip on the fitting and it pulls them out. What you should do is use a needle attachment to go into your gun and when you grease those nipples you;ll just be placing the needle into the middle of the grease nipple and there's no danger of pulling them off. If you haven't seen those type of needles I'll post a picture of one tomorrow if you like.

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
As others said. Use a socket to drive the new fitting on. Some nipples aren't threaded. There just press on.
One of the problems with using those grease guns if the nipple of the gun has to good of a grip on the fitting and it pulls them out. What you should do is use a needle attachment to go into your gun and when you grease those nipples you;ll just be placing the needle into the middle of the grease nipple and there's no danger of pulling them off. If you haven't seen those type of needles I'll post a picture of one tomorrow if you like.

Paul, those flush ones are nice and we (work) refer to them as a high pressure grease fitting. The are perfect for close tolerance areas.

One word of caution: If you are using a pneumatic grease gun make sure you are wearing safety glasses.

If the fitting doesn't want to take grease it will normally shoot right back into your face.

Scott

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
thanks wildfire...I look forward to the pic.
Paul, those flush ones are nice and we (work) refer to them as a high pressure grease fitting. The are perfect for close tolerance areas.

One word of caution: If you are using a pneumatic grease gun make sure you are wearing safety glasses.

If the fitting doesn't want to take grease it will normally shoot right back into your face.

Scott
That's very true Scott. I still only use a hand gun. I get more feel for what I'm putting into the fitting. We have a Hugh problem here with guys greasing the hub on boat trailers. I've taken drums off and it would be packed with grease inside all over the shoes and they wondered why the trasiler didn't stop :rolleyes:

Anyway here's the fitting I was talking about. It's a needle and it fits right over the grease fitting of the gun. If you need to grease a hard to get at u-joint this is the baby to use. In the case of your blowers fittings you won't end up pulling them off with this tool. It's less than $10. to buy around here and it's worth it.

Attachments

Sean3073

Equipment
BX25
Feb 4, 2019
Watertown, NY
Does any one have a part number for this fitting. I have gone onto many Kubota web sites and they all list the wrong fitting for a BX2750 snow blower. I even went to the dealer, bought the listed part, far from being able to fit even though it's threaded. Can any one help with the press on Kubota zerk part number?

wasatchmountains

Equipment
b2320
Mar 28, 2019
Fruit Heights, UT, USA
Does any one have a part number for this fitting. I have gone onto many Kubota web sites and they all list the wrong fitting for a BX2750 snow blower. I even went to the dealer, bought the listed part, far from being able to fit even though it's threaded. Can any one help with the press on Kubota zerk part number?
Did you ever find the part number for this, or at least figure out the size? I've got a BX2750C that has no zerk fittings on the auger. Looks like I need the drive in/pressure kind. Part number says a 1/4"-28 but that is much bigger than the hole.

Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments