Skid Steer Attachment Plate

Durangogeek

Equipment
L2800HST, MacBook Pro 13, Cessna 182
Mar 16, 2010
Durango, CO
It is surely cheaper to buy the FEL with the Skid Steer stuff up front. My quote was for a conversion... which is pretty pricey. I'm thinking that an an independent welder would do the job for less than the dealer.

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
It is surely cheaper to buy the FEL with the Skid Steer stuff up front. My quote was for a conversion... which is pretty pricey. I'm thinking that an an independent welder would do the job for less than the dealer.
I think you would be better off hiring a local werder. It will not only probably cost you less but you will also be able to have this built exactly how you want it.

Let us know what direction you go.

Thanks,
Scott

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
I will make one suggestion the way steel prices are going up do it soon as you can or wait til next fall and they may start dropping again.handy

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Boy, lookin at that stuff wildfire did and that vid on youtube. Too many idea's not enough time or money. Man it sure pays to be able to do this stuff your self. My plate cost me about $50 but it is a very simple old school design:D Dusty

Last edited:

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I was in the same boat you are. A loader without the quick-attach. I don't no if they make one for your model loader for sure but Kubota has their own version of a quick-attach. It's not a skid steer type but it works very good and there is no need to modify your bucket. It goes on in place of your bucket and when in use you only have to pull out the bottom 2 pins to remove the bucket. I have a LA 450 S loader so we are very close in size. You can't get much simpler than this design and it doesn't weigh much so it really doesn't affect the lift capacity of the loader. I would be glad to send you some pics and the part number if you like.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Yeah, I'd like to see that. Thanks!
I put a picture in the gallery of the quick attach system that I was telling you about. If you will go to my album page I have put in several pics including the part number that is for my LA 450 S loader. I have had really good luck with this setup. I can go from bucket to forks in just a couple of minutes with no problem at all. I think it's a more dependable system than the skid steer type. As long as the pins have a little lube on them there is nothing to wear out from use. It has no moving parts that are not already greased with normal PM. If I can help in any other way just let me no.

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Man oh man you guys give me WAY to much credit. Anyway I do appreciate the kind words here I really do.

Anyway It's been crazy on this end with work plus I'm retooling some of the items in the shop. Two new Miller Mig welders. A new Miller plasma and a great big turret milling machine but that's for another thread.

So did the poster of this thread decide what he is going to do? I did build my plow attachment for the skid steer on the tractor and it's performed great. I'd be lost without a quick attachment. I can go from snow blade to bucket in a few minutes so how ever you decide to do it you'll know pretty fast it was a good move.

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Welcome back Paul!

You are the miracle man and credit is given where credit is deserved :D

Scott
I never left. Just stepped out for awhile. Kind of like going into hiding :D If I'm not posting I'm either away or busy and in this case it was both. Great to come back though and see you guys are still posting away. Thanks again. Paul

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
I never left. Just stepped out for awhile. Kind of like going into hiding :D If I'm not posting I'm either away or busy and in this case it was both. Great to come back though and see you guys are still posting away. Thanks again. Paul

Well, to say the least, you were missed :(

But if you are busy that means you are making $$$ and that's always good :D

Scott

Durangogeek

Equipment
L2800HST, MacBook Pro 13, Cessna 182
Mar 16, 2010
Durango, CO
At this point, I'm leaning toward installing the skid steer adapter on my loader and finding a used bucket or having a plate welded to my existing bucket. I'm thinking I can do everything but the welding myself (whenever I weld it looks like a bird dumped on the thing--I'm not going to subject my tractor to that!).

I've got a couple weeks to figure this stuff out as we are outta here to Disney World in a few days.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I have had this setup for about 3 or 4 years so I don't remember the exact number. I think I only gave around $200 for it and it came already painted orange. Kubota may not make this style for many loaders but it's the only option for the LA 450 S. I do like the fact that there is no need to modify the bucket and it's easier to see to align the bucket than skid steer type plates are. Anything that helps to speed up the bucket swap is better than doing it the old way though. Good luck.

JWB

Jan 3, 2010
florida
At this point, I'm leaning toward installing the skid steer adapter on my loader and finding a used bucket or having a plate welded to my existing bucket. I'm thinking I can do everything but the welding myself (whenever I weld it looks like a bird dumped on the thing--I'm not going to subject my tractor to that!).

I've got a couple weeks to figure this stuff out as we are outta here to Disney World in a few days.
If you are coming to disney world bring it with you. I live 30 min from there. Ill weld it for you.