Recovered B8200 - Found abandoned

morecoffeeplz

Equipment
Kubota B8200, Deere 333G
Dec 17, 2022
SE Texas
Hello! First post and new to the forum….

What brought me here is this little gem(pictured) I recovered on a skid steer property cleanup job. It was buried in the back of the property. I’m not sure what year it is but it is a B 8200 four-wheel-drive. It came with the loader and I also found a box blade and a 5 foot shredder. Property owner said haul it out so she came to my place first.
38739B96-4C12-4AAF-8758-7FB48E549FDF.jpeg

AE8313C7-DFB4-4A43-9D34-7177E474B315.jpeg

85A038CE-D349-4F2A-A3BB-508D2AB1946F.jpeg

0D601D26-8F23-45D7-A53A-255245E6AD20.jpeg

0C02758B-5F5A-42A3-8436-7474FD1DE158.jpeg
She seems to be missing a few body panels but all fluids are full and healthy looking. Diesel tank had no cap and has water in it. I’ll take it off and clean it up nicely.

No key for it so I bought a new ignition switch. Motor turns freely so I’ll go thru the fuel system and try to fire her up and see what happens.

The left footstep supporting angle iron is broke off so I’ll have to weld it back.

The rear fenders are in bad shape with no supportive cross member. Batter tray is rusted out. No ROPS and also missing the dust covers that go below the hood.

The loader cylinders all look good although the hoses have seen better days

If I can get her to run then the investigation will go deeper.

what do you guys think?

Reactions: 22 users

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Welcome to the forum!

hellva find!

You will find that if you get her running............ It will do things you never imagined!

keep pictures coming

Reactions: 5 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

What brought me here is this little gem(pictured) I recovered on a skid steer property cleanup job. It was buried in the back of the property. I’m not sure what year it is but it is a B 8200 four-wheel-drive. It came with the loader and I also found a box blade and a 5 foot shredder. Property owner said haul it out so she came to my place first.
View attachment 92367
View attachment 92368
View attachment 92369
View attachment 92370
View attachment 92371 She seems to be missing a few body panels but all fluids are full and healthy looking. Diesel tank had no cap and has water in it. I’ll take it off and clean it up nicely.

No key for it so I bought a new ignition switch. Motor turns freely so I’ll go thru the fuel system and try to fire her up and see what happens.

The left footstep supporting angle iron is broke off so I’ll have to weld it back.

The rear fenders are in bad shape with no supportive cross member. Batter tray is rusted out. No ROPS and also missing the dust covers that go below the hood.

what do you guys think?
What do I think?
I think ....Welcome!
GREAT FIND!!!

Reactions: 1 users

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Always makes me smile to see old neglected machines brought back to life. Welcome and thanks for taking us along on your journey

Reactions: 2 users

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
Every guys dream! Good luck, have fun with it and welcome to the forum.

Reactions: 1 user

Pawnee

Equipment
L2501
Jul 1, 2021
Ontario Canada
Great find and I'm super happy that you are willing to bring her back to life.
Lots of help here.
If you need it.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Can't be too bad, the tires hold air! Those are nice machines, made in the mid '80's.

Welcome to the forum, and keep posting as you progress.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Welcome and congrats on your find!
You must have better karma than me!

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Before I spent any time or money on it I’d call my local sherriff and run it thru NCIC.

(I once was ”given” a small airplane which had been abandoned on property which was being sold by the owner (who “gave” me the airplane which he said was given to him by its’ previous owner in payment of a debt.)
I tried to run a “title check” on it and found that the last registered owner was a drug dealer in prison…who had acquired it from the estate of someone who had “committed suicide”….

I called a friend who was a judge and had it removed from my property. I didn’t want anything to do with it.

It’d be a shame to restore this cute little tractor only to find it belonged to somebody who wanted it back.

Last edited:

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Great find! Best of luck with the restore. Looks like my 1st scut (1990?) :) I had the backhoe on it. Fun machine. Come to think of it I think the guy I sold it to still has it. I should give him a call.

FTG-05

Equipment
L4330 w/FEL, RTV-XG850 and ZD326S
Jul 21, 2013
TN

View attachment 92367
View attachment 92368
View attachment 92369
View attachment 92370
View attachment 92371 She seems to be missing a few body panels but all fluids are full and healthy looking. Diesel tank had no cap and has water in it. I’ll take it off and clean it up nicely.

what do you guys think?
Let me guess: You live near Burgettstown, PA? Near a creek? Creek prolly has diesel in it, right?

Amirite or amirite?

:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Before I spent any time or money on it I’d call my local sherriff and run it thru NCIC.

(I once was ”given” a small airplane which had been abandoned on property which was being sold by the owner (who “gave” me the airplane which he said was given to him by its’ previous owner in payment of a debt.)
I tried to run a “title check” on it and found that the last registered owner was a drug dealer in prison…who had acquired it from the estate of someone who had “committed suicide”….

I called a friend who was a judge and had it removed from my property. I didn’t want anything to do with it.

It’d be a shame to restore this cute little tractor only to find it belonged to somebody who wanted it back.
This is good advice in my opinion. When buying an old mini excavator, I did something similar. I forget the details though, but there are databases somewhere that cover lost/stolen equipment that is not titled. I think you need the serial number though...if it is missing you are out of luck, but I suppose anyone else would be out of luck too. Maybe the engine number would help somehow?

A google search should turn up what you need to do to get some piece of mind in our lawyer based society. Worked for me.

Edit: Worse case would be you would lose all your effort restoring the tractor. No initial investment to lose. The other thing is covered by the question: "What are the chances?" Probably close to zero of any issues coming up I bet.

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
As long as the tittle works out, it should be a great find. Please keep us posted.

My Barn

Equipment
Kubota, Ford
Sep 14, 2022
Michigan
Nice find, welcome to the forum. I think I would get it running an drain the engine oil and change the filter and oil. Good luck, here we have no titles for tractors. Also on vehicles one can get a new title issued. After 20 years at that time some has come forward to make a claim.
I've done many a times with never a issue! I heard the only claim is rarely ever from a bank loan?

Jonny4523

Equipment
L4310 HST
Nov 10, 2022
Lafayette, IN
Welcome! I'd be super excited about a find like that. I've started a similar journey (although mine wasn't free). I've been shockingly & pleasantly surprised about how readily available parts have been, especially at a place like Messicks, who has AWESOME parts diagrams. Pro tip, for bigger non-critical items, use their website to find the part number, then check eBay. I've saved some good change on 1 or two items that way, like tail lights and spare keys. All the important things, like seals and bushings, I purchased from Messicks.

Let us know how she does when you first try to start it up. Bonus points for a video.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Congratulations on the find.

The key is pretty universal and if you purchased a Kubota switch with key then it will probably fit the old switch. You can also get the key separately from the dealer.

And if you want it hauled off just let me know and i’ll take it off your hands!

Dealer can get you many parts and the manual or you can get those from Kubota books dot com.

Discuss with the dealer how to get free shipping on parts if you’re willing to wait for a few days to a week for the normal dealer truck delivery to come back

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Welcome and congrats on your find!
You must have better karma than me!
Nah!
Better karma than you?
I disagree!
Who else on here found a sweet li'l Hanix ???

Reactions: 1 users