Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
"Looking at a GN"
Absolutely...YESSSS!
A GN is truly fantastic compared to a bumper pull!
Although it may take a little rigging to get it to work with my Expedition, but I'm sure we can find some way of getting it to work. :D

Either that or I will have to use my dad's Ram 2500 or my BIL F450 until I get my own rig.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Although it may take a little rigging to get it to work with my Expedition, but I'm sure we can find some way of getting it to work. :D

Either that or I will have to use my dad's Ram 2500 or my BIL F450 until I get my own rig.
When I had a GN I had an F-250, and it was GREAT!
Then bought a Suburban with 454, and had to get a bumper pull.
Using the 14K (loaded to 12K max) bumper pull behind the Suburban was miserable, compared to the GN on the F-250.

Just cut the top off that Expedition, and the GN will work fine.😪
Being nearly 82 now it is all gone ......except for the 14K bumper pull, which is in my barn on blocks.
I could pull that with my son's Suburban, if I should need to.

Reactions: 1 user

Snowman7

Equipment
LX3310 535 loader, LX2980, RB2672, FDR1660
May 20, 2020
Boyne Falls, MI.
Perhaps you can send me a couple of yours for an independent evaluation. I will send them back ... I promise! :unsure:

If you overnight them I can test them out on the MX6000HST this Saturday as it makes its way to its final resting place on 50 acres up near Polebridge, MT. A beautiful spot to live out its days. :cry:

It'll probably be puttering around Bowman Lake from time to time.

View attachment 81085
That pic is stunning!

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Here's a few pics of the new trailer after applying a coat of used ATF on the PT decking. 20 ft trailer took every bit of a gallon of ATF. Total cost, about $2 for a brush. Sorry, no tractor in this picture.

There is no greasy feel whatsoever on the deck boards after a day. The ATF soaked into the wood almost immediately. It would appear to me to be a better option than the used engine oil I used on another trailer. I'm planning on a second coat of used ATF before winter, maybe.

wet:

ATF wet1.JPG

ATF wet2.JPG

Dry (pics taken 4 hours later)

ATF dry1.JPG

ATF dry2.JPG

Reactions: 3 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Here's a few pics of the new trailer after applying a coat of used ATF on the PT decking. 20 ft trailer took every bit of a gallon of ATF. Total cost, about $2 for a brush. Sorry, no tractor in this picture.

There is no greasy feel whatsoever on the deck boards after a day. The ATF soaked into the wood almost immediately. It would appear to me to be a better option than the used engine oil I used on another trailer. I'm planning on a second coat of used ATF before winter, maybe.

wet:

View attachment 84781

View attachment 84782

Dry (pics taken 4 hours later)

View attachment 84783

View attachment 84784
Looks good. Is there a piece of steel plate that covers the transition from the flat deck to the dovetail? My trailer has that to protect the wood at the joint.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Looks good. Is there a piece of steel plate that covers the transition from the flat deck to the dovetail? My trailer has that to protect the wood at the joint.
No, unfortunately.

WhitleyStu

Premium Member

Equipment
B2601 LA435 FEL 60" MMM 60" Snow Blower FSP500 Spreader 5' Grahl Roller 40 spray
Sep 10, 2020
Indiana
IMG_1620.JPG

Reactions: 3 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
That's something I see with many trailer owners. I've seen much worse lean than pictured here - and both ways - front way high and rear way high.

Dan
Very dangerous for both the towing vehicle, and the vehicle following.
i speak from experience!
Trailer came loose from vehicle ahead: My car was totaled.

• Wow

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Friend of mine borrowed my Lx2610 with his diesel Jeep. Towed it good he said.
just out of curiosity I looked up the towing specs. not bad for the size of the vehicle. 6500lbs for the diesel and 7700lbs with the 3.6l. A minimum 7000lbs towing capacity is what i need in a truck (that's the capacity of my trailer). might jsut be able to add the gladiator to the list of trucks to look at this summer

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
just out of curiosity I looked up the towing specs. not bad for the size of the vehicle. 6500lbs for the diesel and 7700lbs with the 3.6l. A minimum 7000lbs towing capacity is what i need in a truck (that's the capacity of my trailer). might jsut be able to add the gladiator to the list of trucks to look at this summer
I wouldn't. Rear MotorTrend's assessment of towing with the Gladiator...they are, or at least can be, pretty unstable with a heavy load. There are also a number of them with broken or bent rear frame sections from towing, within the rated amount, but off-road. The Gladiator has a couple of things against it as a tow vehicle - there is considerably hang-over of the frame and bed past the rear axle, relative to some other midsize like a Tacoma, Ranger, Colorado, etc. This is so Jeep can try to have a reasonable ramp breakover angle for off-road, as well as keep commonality with the front portion of the Wrangler JL frame. There is quite a bit of lever action on the Gladiator's hitch hanging back so far from the rear axle. Finally, unlike all other midsize and half ton trucks, the Gladiator has a solid front axle with slightly wandering steering, and coil springs at the rear which can be softer and "squishier" than the normal leafs.

It's worth noting the diesel is very powerful and is rated to tow over 10k in the RAM 1500 pickup with the same engine. However, the smaller Jeep grille and engine bay limits cooling, along with a smaller, weaker frame compared to the half ton lower the tow rating here. Both the gas V6 and diesel have an excellent 8-speed transmission made by ZF. I'll also point out the only Jeep Gladiator to get the 7,000lb tow rating is a specific model - a Sport with the Max Tow package. This is a basic trim model, which may be a problem for some people.

Don't get me wrong - I love the Gladiator and Wrangler, in fact, I own a 2022 Gladiator Overland (with a 6k tow capacity) but I would not try to tow more than 5k with it.

Reactions: 2 users