dan_m

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 9, 2020
Georgia
Trailer police should be here soon!

Anyways, looks good!
As they should be in some cases :cool:

Contractor that built neighbors house and is building others in the area often hauls his skid steer between job sites without a single strap, chain or even piece of gum to secure it to his trailer. And yes, it's a Kubota .

Dan

ajschnitzelbank

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, BH92, Frost Bite grapple, Logosol M8 mill, Stihl MS661
Aug 24, 2021
Rensselaer County NY
Here’s mine. Oh wait. That’s my truck on a trailer. Blown trans at 88k :-( Brother let me borrow his rig to tow it over a hundred miles home.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users

ajschnitzelbank

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, BH92, Frost Bite grapple, Logosol M8 mill, Stihl MS661
Aug 24, 2021
Rensselaer County NY
So the Ford is towing the Chevy?
Yup! I don’t have truck brand loyalty personally, but I figured some folks may have an opinion about it haha.

The 2018 Chevy 1500 is my first truck. I really like it, except for the blown trans at 88k. I don’t even tow or plow with it. Maybe I’ll get a Ford next time. Or a Toyota. Those all seem pretty nice to me.

SteveBX23

Equipment
LX2610SU; BH77
May 23, 2021
South Jersey
Yup! I don’t have truck brand loyalty personally, but I figured some folks may have an opinion about it haha.

The 2018 Chevy 1500 is my first truck. I really like it, except for the blown trans at 88k. I don’t even tow or plow with it. Maybe I’ll get a Ford next time. Or a Toyota. Those all seem pretty nice to me.
Ha! That generation of Chevy’s seem to have very baddddd issues with the trans

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

matt-m

Equipment
2022 B2601
Mar 17, 2022
Columbus, IN
How well does the Tacoma tow that setup? I have the same truck and a B2601 with loader and BH, have not tried towing yet.
At it’s heaviest (tractor, weighted tires, FEL w/ bucket, concrete filled ballast box, trailer) it’s about 5,800 lbs. The Taco (2013 with the 4L V6 and tow package) does decent for how I tow with it: relatively short trips, not on the interstate, a few steep but no long grades, leave plenty of room in traffic, etc. If I towed frequently I could make the case for something more but it suits my needs fine.

Reactions: 1 users

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon

I might have noticed that immediately. I do see some orange iron between the two in the background.

I’ve owned and driven all of the big three 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton trucks (mostly gas) as well as Toyota over the last couple decades. If a guy needs a strong, reliable half to ton, it’s hard to beat a Toyota. I usually start over after 1/4 million miles.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Trying out my new 16' tilt trailer.

View attachment 106573
That's a neat trailer. I bought my first tilt a few months ago but the deck is hydraulic. I still haven't decided if that's a benefit or a detriment. The only tilt trailers I've used in the past had simple gravity decks with a locking pin.

I suppose it might be tricky pulling a disc or similar onto a gravity tilt trailer but I don't know for sure.

lvr_m60_9.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

matt-m

Equipment
2022 B2601
Mar 17, 2022
Columbus, IN
That's a neat trailer. I bought my first tilt a few months ago but the deck is hydraulic. I still haven't decided if that's a benefit or a detriment. The only tilt trailers I've used in the past had simple gravity decks with a locking pin.

I suppose it might be tricky pulling a disc or similar onto a gravity tilt trailer but I don't know for sure.
Thanks it's working well for my needs. It does have a large single hydraulic shock absorber (simple, no controls) that dampens the motion so you don't have to worry about *slamming over*. Just creep up towards the tilt point (loading or unloading) and the deck starts to move. When unlocked it will come down with body weight if you stand on the edge. Plus I found it helps me locate the CG of the load in regards to getting an appropriate tongue weight / axle weight particularly being only a single axle trailer.

2001TLB

Equipment
L48TLB, 60" EA SSQA Root Rake Grapple, EA SSQA Fork lift
Nov 14, 2021
Shelton, Washington
I wish this was my trailer.

I have been meaning to post to this thread for a while. I rented this when I brought the L48 home a couple of years ago or so. It is a power tilt deck over, 14K gvw. It towed down the freeway and on the side roads nicely. The old F-350 enjoyed the work out.

The upside of not having a trailer to move your machine, is that it is always home, when you need it.:giggle:
IMG_2404.jpeg
IMG_6435.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I wish this was my trailer.

I have been meaning to post to this thread for a while. I rented this when I brought the L48 home a couple of years ago or so. It is a power tilt deck over, 14K gvw. It towed down the freeway and on the side roads nicely. The old F-350 enjoyed the work out.

The upside of not having a trailer to move your machine, is that it is always home, when you need it.:giggle:
View attachment 106645 View attachment 106646
That looks a lot like my tilt trailer.

One thing that's obvious about a deckover trailer is that you can load it from the side without having to work around fenders. This was a useful feature recently when I picked up ten 20ft lengths of 4" pipe. I've picked up pipe in the past using the MidSota utility trailer but I ended up winching (skidding) the pipe off. i could have used pallet forks and straps or the boom pole that I didn't have at the time, but that's a lot more work.

2001TLB

Equipment
Nov 14, 2021
Shelton, Washington
That looks a lot like my tilt trailer.

One thing that's obvious about a deckover trailer is that you can load it from the side without having to work around fenders. This was a useful feature recently when I picked up ten 20ft lengths of 4" pipe. I've picked up pipe in the past using the MidSota utility trailer but I ended up winching (skidding) the pipe off. i could have used pallet forks and straps or the boom pole that I didn't have at the time, but that's a lot more work.

True that! Except MAYBE the deck height, there really is no down side to a deck over. I would love to have that trailer, but I just cannot justify the cost based on how much use it would see.

Doug

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
True that! Except MAYBE the deck height, there really is no down side to a deck over. I would love to have that trailer, but I just cannot justify the cost based on how much use it would see.

Doug
I have a 2006 L48 TLB, and a 14K trailer.
I rarely use the trailer, but, even used, (stored inside) it is worth 60% more than I paid for it new 7 years ago.
Generally speaking, my stocks cannot compete!

2001TLB

Equipment
Nov 14, 2021
Shelton, Washington
I have a 2006 L48 TLB, and a 14K trailer.
I rarely use the trailer, but, even used, (stored inside) it is worth 60% more than I paid for it new 7 years ago.
Generally speaking, my stocks cannot compete!
Fried,

I still have the 7K gvw tandem axle flat bed that I bought back in 1992 for $2,000. I guess it probably went up in value also...especially with the new tires, deck, lighting and breakaway system I put on it this past year. Upgrading the size of one's tractor has downstream consequences, like the trailer and attachments being undersized. I guess I'll hang on to the John Deere 855 for that reason.

Doug

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Fried,

I still have the 7K gvw tandem axle flat bed that I bought back in 1992 for $2,000. I guess it probably went up in value also...especially with the new tires, deck, lighting and breakaway system I put on it this past year. Upgrading the size of one's tractor has downstream consequences, like the trailer and attachments being undersized. I guess I'll hang on to the John Deere 855 for that reason.

Doug
I only planned to buy ONE trailer.....thus my current 14K trailer.

Last edited: