Picture of your tractor on your trailer

SteveBX23

Equipment
LX2610SU; BH77
May 23, 2021
South Jersey
Took a chance on it and it blew me away how well this towed. I’ve always been in the “tacomas are good for <5k” camp, but airbags in the back are a game changer. It certainly wasn’t a rocket ship, but more importantly it was drama free and stopped really well.

Tractor is right around 4200 with the tires filled and the box blade. Mower is around 400. Trailer is 2k on the nuts last time I did a dump run. Had a cooler and some camp stuff in the bed and 4 people in the cab. Definitely overloaded, but never once felt sketchy. View attachment 103978
Trailer police should be here soon!

Anyways, looks good!

Reactions: 1 users

JeffsJeep04

Equipment
2022 L2501
Oct 25, 2022
WI
Trailer police should be here soon!

Anyways, looks good!
:ROFLMAO: thanks!

I’ve towed with everything from a lawn mower to a class 8 dump truck, so others opinions on the matter really don’t bother me too much. I’ve learned what works and what doesn’t and for my needs, this worked swimmingly.

Reactions: 1 user

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
140C8FCB-A1DC-412E-A549-43741F474CFB.jpeg

Here’s the B on my 7k GVWR 16’ flatbed. A bit of over kill but it’s what I have. It has 5 ft ladder ramps that slide in the back. 5 ft tongue too. Jack mounted far enough back so the tail gate opens without hitting it. The trailer is a drop axle, legal 8’-6” out to out width. 5 inch channel frame with 3 inch channel cross members at 16 inches. 2x decking.

Those Big Tex trailers and the like you see with a little “rail”, well that rail works with the 3 inch angle frame as a truss. It’s how one uses slightly less steel to build a lighter trailer. 3 ft tongues that make backing a hoot and a jack placed such that it will hit the tailgate. The best part is the 1.5 inch angle that is thin enough that the deck is literally nailed to it.

The L will fit just right with the FEL and bucket folded under. I can haul the brush hog too if it’s on the three point. Hangs off a little.

The way to keep the trailer from lifting the truck is to put blocks or have jacks mounted under the rear corners. Ramps with legs in the middle or near the end will be a good time (not) as soon as a heavy enough tractor gets the front tires on the deck while loading. The ramps need to be able to move with the deck, if the deck moves (no rear blocks/jacks).

Reactions: 1 users

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Lx2610 Cab, Fel, Backhoe, Grapple, Box Grader, Forks
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey
Took a chance on it and it blew me away how well this towed. I’ve always been in the “tacomas are good for <5k” camp, but airbags in the back are a game changer. It certainly wasn’t a rocket ship, but more importantly it was drama free and stopped really well.

Tractor is right around 4200 with the tires filled and the box blade. Mower is around 400. Trailer is 2k on the nuts last time I did a dump run. Had a cooler and some camp stuff in the bed and 4 people in the cab. Definitely overloaded, but never once felt sketchy. View attachment 103978
I’d love to see this without the airbags lol nice setup man

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
IMG_0317.jpg
IMG_0317.jpg

24ft gooseneck.

Reactions: 5 users

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Not one of my orange ones but here is my blue one on the trailer. Yes it was tied down! LOL
I use wheel straps over the front wheels and 4 10,000 pound ratchet straps.
Even though it is not ballasted and should not be over 4200 pounds, the old Ford proved to be too much for this 5700 pound allowable payload trailer. The rear wheels of the tractor were right on top of a cross member but it had the floor sagging. No cracks or breaks, just took all the rigidity out of that cross member.

But luckily the trailer manufacturer, Interco/Bearco stepped up and told me to bring it to my local welding shop, do what needs to be done and send them the bill.
So I had three extra cross members installed. So now there are 3 two inch square tube cross members all stitched together right under where the rear wheels of tractor sit, and another double cross member forward and rear of it, with thicker wall tubing than original.
It was great to see them stand behind their products, but I don't think I will ever buy an aluminum trailer again. It's nice that it needs no paint and doesn't rust, but steel is clearly stronger.

Last thing to nit pick in my setup......I do need a receiver ball mount with more drop.
I only had straight ones from my two 2007 F350/550's but surprisingly this F150 sits even more tail high.
So I went to dealer to grab a drop hitch and this was all they had.

Attachments

Reactions: 2 users

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
View attachment 104005
Here’s the B on my 7k GVWR 16’ flatbed. A bit of over kill but it’s what I have. It has 5 ft ladder ramps that slide in the back. 5 ft tongue too. Jack mounted far enough back so the tail gate opens without hitting it. The trailer is a drop axle, legal 8’-6” out to out width. 5 inch channel frame with 3 inch channel cross members at 16 inches. 2x decking.

Those Big Tex trailers and the like you see with a little “rail”, well that rail works with the 3 inch angle frame as a truss. It’s how one uses slightly less steel to build a lighter trailer. 3 ft tongues that make backing a hoot and a jack placed such that it will hit the tailgate. The best part is the 1.5 inch angle that is thin enough that the deck is literally nailed to it.

The L will fit just right with the FEL and bucket folded under. I can haul the brush hog too if it’s on the three point. Hangs off a little.

The way to keep the trailer from lifting the truck is to put blocks or have jacks mounted under the rear corners. Ramps with legs in the middle or near the end will be a good time (not) as soon as a heavy enough tractor gets the front tires on the deck while loading. The ramps need to be able to move with the deck, if the deck moves (no rear blocks/jacks).
Beautiful scenery. And tractor.

BXHoosier

Equipment
BX24
Jan 21, 2018
Indiana
This genius went by my house yesterday demonstrating how not to properly haul a tractor.
B9DDF32F-900C-41CB-96FE-5330B531E4B9.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
Looks like he thought about the tongue weight but not the height. That’s scary stupid. If the van is 7 ft high, that bucket is 13 ft high. I wonder if he clipped any communication lines pulling in/out of a driveway. A low bridge would have made a real nice mess off it all. I might have lined up the rear axels (or maybe even put the tractor a foot more rearward than that) and taken the bucket off if I had to haul it in that trailer.

BXHoosier

Equipment
BX24
Jan 21, 2018
Indiana
Looks like there was something attached to the 3PH so it couldn’t be backed up. Probably a box blade. Might have been able to back it onto the trailer and hung the bucket over the back gate.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I hauled the M6060 and rotary cutter on the new deckover trailer yesterday afternoon. The combination towed well once I had the tongue weight close to where it needs to be.

m6060_pj_deckover_1.jpg

m6060_pj_deckover_2.jpg

m6060_pj_deckover_3.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 5 users