New BX25-D Mod

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Paul, I triple-dog dare you to buy a tractor and NOT modify it. Bet you can't do it. Like a crooked picture on the wall in Monk's house.
All jokes aside, you are a gifted artist.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Excellent fab/mod work once again!
You not only cut down the time and work involved in connecting different buckets and attachments but you also made it safer to do so.
Another major plus is that you don't have to do any alterations to the buckets or attachments cutting future cost to near Zero, adding in the fixed pin is very cheap and simple!
That sir is a million dollar mod!:cool:

Gso125

Equipment
Bx25D TLB, snowblower
Sep 16, 2013
USA
It's a great mod. Do you sell or plan to sell it if so I'd be interested in one. Great job.

BRAMEL

Equipment
Bx 1500...gone! Bx25D just arrived.
Dec 22, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Good Lord!!!

I've been watching all your vids for awhile now...excellent! By the way. The vids have forced me to part with my bx1500 and buy my own bx25D which arrived 5 days before Christmas. Your signal light shields and now your kwik con...got me wondering if I should trailer the tractor down to your place for a little love.:D. It is after all your fault I now own a bx25D .:eek: I eagerly await a day when you decide to sell a few of these items.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
you are a freaking genius!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
awseome!!!
ps....
i want one.....
of each thing you have built!!!!!

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Paul, I triple-dog dare you to buy a tractor and NOT modify it. Bet you can't do it. Like a crooked picture on the wall in Monk's house.
All jokes aside, you are a gifted artist.
Oh you know I couldn't do that! I have to mod everything. I only mod to suite my requirements or needs. All of us tractor guys are alike, we just can't leave well enough alone lol. Thank you sir for your kind remarks. :)

Outstanding!!!!
Thanks buddy and there's more to come :D

Excellent fab/mod work once again!
You not only cut down the time and work involved in connecting different buckets and attachments but you also made it safer to do so.
Another major plus is that you don't have to do any alterations to the buckets or attachments cutting future cost to near Zero, adding in the fixed pin is very cheap and simple!
That sir is a million dollar mod!:cool:
Thank you very much. I just got so tired of waiting valuable time changing over those two items. It wasn't an easy mod. It was one of the trickiest ones I've done but I'm very pleased with the outcome.

It's a great mod. Do you sell or plan to sell it if so I'd be interested in one. Great job.
Yes I'll eventually start selling but the first step is to design, fabricate and test. The next step is to tool up, put the right equipment in place to be able to produce this stuff is an economical manner. It took two days just to build this mod. No one is going yo pay two days labour for a QA that's why I need to get the cost down before I sell.
Glad you liked it. Thanks.

beautiful work once again
Thank you!

Good Lord!!!

I've been watching all your vids for awhile now...excellent! By the way. The vids have forced me to part with my bx1500 and buy my own bx25D which arrived 5 days before Christmas. Your signal light shields and now your kwik con...got me wondering if I should trailer the tractor down to your place for a little love.:D. It is after all your fault I now own a bx25D .:eek: I eagerly await a day when you decide to sell a few of these items.
Oh boy. I'm in trouble aren't I :eek:

Well first of all congrats on the new tractor. It's such a cool machine isn't it? We get sooooo many calls on these mods at the shop. It's crazy. This really isn't my day job and just started as a hobby but I seem to be greeting in deeper and deeper lol. You come on up with the tractor and I'll turn it into an all original one just for you. I remember telling someone last year that I'd gone up with 15 never done before mods for the BX. They said no way. I think I'm getting close to that number if not past it now. Hope you don't get to bored watching my vids but I promise I'll try and make better ones in the future ;)

you are a freaking genius!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
awseome!!!
ps....
i want one.....
of each thing you have built!!!!!
My friend, A genius I'm not lol. I'm about as far from a genius as one can get. There are days if you took my brain and put it in a bird the poor thing would fly backwards :D
Glad you've enjoyed seeing the mods. Thanks!

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
A hydraulic quick connect would be awesome! You'd never have to get off the tractor to sawp out buckets. Much like the full size excavators using the same set up.

randu

Equipment
RTV 1100 B2650/FEL/BH
Dec 15, 2010
Alpena,MI
I have a B series with the ripper tooth also and your solution is the perfect answer to that problem. Unfortunately, I don't have the skills to make one for myself, so unless you plan to market the adapter or sell the Idea to Kubota, the chances of me acquiring one is pretty slim.
The adapter is such a simple and well thought out solution that solves the changing out problem that I just have to admire your ingenuity and workmanship. Well done Paul !

Randy

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
Tell me again what is needed for me to cross the border and get to your rock with my BX24 in tow?

Wildfire

Equipment
Very nicely thought out and executed.
Thank you. I'm looking forward to using it this spring. I got some more stumps to remove.

A hydraulic quick connect would be awesome! You'd never have to get off the tractor to sawp out buckets. Much like the full size excavators using the same set up.
If this project had to have been on the Grand L it would have had a hydraulic coupler. For the little BX the added plumbing, expense would have just been to much. With the set up as it was and is now I've cut the change over time from 20 minutes to 20 seconds so I'll take that. I've operated many excavators with the factory set up but the buckets weighed in at tons not pounds. With the BX I'd still have to get off the machine to move the bucket or claw out of the way so I'll keep it this way.

I have a B series with the ripper tooth also and your solution is the perfect answer to that problem. Unfortunately, I don't have the skills to make one for myself, so unless you plan to market the adapter or sell the Idea to Kubota, the chances of me acquiring one is pretty slim.
The adapter is such a simple and well thought out solution that solves the changing out problem that I just have to admire your ingenuity and workmanship. Well done Paul !

Randy
Thanks Randy. This was a problem I had with the BX. It was just to inconvenient for me to do the changeover. I knew what was needed but didn't have the time to work on it until we took time off for Christmas. The Quick Hitch system has been out for as long as I can remember, the only difference is I don't think I've ever seen one on a BX25-D and one with the thumb.

I've done a lot of mods in my day but this one was very " trying" to say the least. I made two prototypes but they just didn't work well with the factory thumb so on the 3rd try I went in a different direction and I got it right.

I don't post this stuff to try and sell any of it. I actually don't have the time to build it. I just wanted to share the idea with everyone. I'm glad you enjoyed seeing it.

Tell me again what is needed for me to cross the border and get to your rock with my BX24 in tow?
Time, money, truck with tractor and trailer, gps would be a great plus as well :D

bandaidmd

Equipment
B2620 w/LA364 FEL ,BH65, ssqa , 1982 B8200E w/BF300FEL
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
Kubota really should be paying you for these awesome ideas.
I don't have a backhoe, but I can see where this would be really handy.
Did you by chance make templates or drawings, the Mrs. could reproduce the templates or drawings and surely sell quite a few. I know you have stated many times your sharing your designs for the love of doing it, nobody would hold it against you for getting something back for your effort.

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota really should be paying you for these awesome ideas.
I don't have a backhoe, but I can see where this would be really handy.
Did you by chance make templates or drawings, the Mrs. could reproduce the templates or drawings and surely sell quite a few. I know you have stated many times your sharing your designs for the love of doing it, nobody would hold it against you for getting something back for your effort.
To be honest I get more attention from two other major tractor manufactures than I do from Kubota :mad: Next year I doubt I'll even own a Kubota.
I do keep my files in order and can reproduce all this stuff but to be honest I'd get pretty bored really quick if I did. This coming summer I'll decide if I'll start production. We get at least 20-30 inquiries a week from all over North America looking to buy this stuff. And to think I was just doing it for a hobby :confused:
Today I completed a mod for a member on here. He needed a little help so I got it done for him. I had to dodge power outages all day but it's done.

We even got a call last week from down in the US asking if we could build another generator shelter. Could hardly believe it.

Golly gee Mr. Wizard, that is fabulous!

Great engineering and really nice work Paul.
Thanks Steve. Glad you like it. Appreciate your interest and kind words. Now I can look forward to the summer using it and doing the changeover easily. :)

On a up note. If anyone watched our Christmas video with the Kubota in it you would have seen our Christmas lights in it as well. Well today we won the commercial award for the best Christmas light display in town :D

Attachments

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Mr. Wizzard..... Now that's funny I don't care who you are,,,,,,