my Kubo vs my Kioti

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
If this is in the wrong place? could a Mod please move it?

Opening:

people i post with here on the site know my Kubo's as i progressed up through them.. Then people who pay close attention know i got a Kioti as a "bigger" tractor.

This is about the + & - of these 2 tractors from someone who has actually done both & is still actively comparing them.

There are definite pro/cons to BOTH of these tractors & i'll get into that right away.

Plenty of things have already been learned on this end & i dont think thats gonna stop soon.

lets dive into this & see if it helps anyone or if it just helps me for me "next" purchase down the road.

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
basics & descriptions im going to work from:

ive had a couple Kubo's now (the 7200B & the B2601) but for this comparing? lets just stick with the Deluxe B 2601.

B2601 HST/4wd/FEL (fukumie Kobota) bought this brand new with .5 hours on it as a replacement for my 7200 which didnt have a FEL.

PRO's:
AWESOME small tractor. loved the little gal. easy to drive, fits most places, good balance, ran 4' implements, loved left side brakes! VERY yard friendly.

CONS:
crooked FEL, just not enough PTO HP

Kioti 4010 HST/4wd/FEL bought this brand new, had .2 hrs on it.

Pro's:
GOOD mid size tractor. strong 3 point lift & great height, heavy duty made, big easy to fill fuel tank in good location, turns very tight radius, good balance, gobs of power (on the high end, more later), great PTO HP.

CONS:
HEAVY, NOT yard friendly.

with that said, the first question that comes to mind for most of you is :

why are you comparing a 26HP tractor to a 40hp tractor?

its not as far off from the 2 of them as you would think, & for me personally it was filling a gap between one machine & the next size up..

NO ONE who has a 2601 series Kubo is gonna move to a 2510 Kioti, if you are moving its because you need something bigger in the same price range.

or what i really got for what i spent.......

PRICE & purchase

Kubota: lets just be flat out honest here. Kubota has the reputation & the name, so they cost more & they get what they want out of them.

all in all i had somewhere in the neighborhood of $18.5k in the B2601 which i thought was a good deal & still do. 0 & 0% for 60 months
got trade in of $17,250 on it & they sold it the next day.

Kioti: again in total honesty.... Kioti is seen as a generic Kubo & they are cheaper because of it. moved UP to this size for the same price as the B2601 & also got 0 &0% for 60 months & the 6 year warranty. You will NOT get anywhere close to the same trade in value on a Kioti that you do a KUBO... know this going in if you plan to change again later.

now that the pros/cons & "money" is out of the way, lets get to directly comparing things & show you whats what.

Last edited:

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
doing the exact same tasks with each tractor!

snow work & driveway grading: both with 60" buckets

Kubo: handles this perfectly & once you get used to how to get the float mode to work? does a nice job.

Kioti: handles it fine, has a much better float mode... but tractor is taller & does make it harder for a short guy to see the bucket edge.

dirt work:

Kubo: surprisingly strong & this really seems to come down to the hydraulics for breakout & digging with the FEL. will spin all 4 tires from being a little light in weight.

Kioti: weight is weight & it lets you shove more than the Kubo... doesnt seem to have as much breakout force as KUBO even though it has more HP.

implements:

Kubo: 42" & 4' bush hog work perfectly on this & it has no problems mowing even heavy brush. works excellent with the piranha toothbar for trail work.
will run the 42xs wood chipper pretty good. will also run the WG24 stumpgrinder. This however is where the limited PTO HP really shows up. running the chipper is OK, stumpgrinder made me feel like i was abusing the little gal & it did NOT like a 5' rotary tiller at all.

Kioti: runs 4 &5' hogs with no problem, runs the 42xs chipper with max size (6") hardwoods with no problem & runs the WG24 stumpgrinder on hardwoods of any diameter like its nothing. turns the 5' rotary in hard ground with ease. This is the area where the extra PTO HP & weight all come into play. far superior to the Kubo in PTO performance.

Yard work:

Kubo: this machine is a dream in your yard. doesnt destroy your grass, light footprint, decent reach on the FEL.

Kioti: this machine is HEAVY. it is NOT yard friendly unless it is completely dry.. you will destroy your grass. Good reach on the FEL & smoother controls.

trees/heavy work: surprising results here.

Kubo: the hydraulics on Kubo's are really strong. even with a lower rating it picks up very heavy front end loads & a counterweight is a must! it seems to have way more grunt here than it says it does. sadly the lack of weight is also a drawback when you want to push something real heavy & are just sitting still spinning tires.

Kioti: even with a bigger pump & gobs more HP.... it doesnt seem to have any more curl/break out strength than the much smaller Kubo. what it does have is raw power with more weight, so moving bigger heavier objects or pushing items is much more in its path.

Last edited:

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
3 point & rear:

Kubo: a nice lightweight 3 point system that still has plenty of lift strength. one of the silliest things i found on the Kubo is that when you have the ROP folded down, if you lift the 3 point it will hit the ROPS!! your choices are dont lift it up all the way, or dont fold the ROPS down. NEITHER of which is a good option if you are hogging or carrying an implement. loved Kubo's anti sway set up for the implements. top notch!

Kioti: super heavy duty 3 point system with a huge lift capacity & height. Kioti was aware of the lift problem on the Kubo & they intentionally changed the design of the ROPS to not have this happen. aside from that: everything on the rear of the Kioti is bigger, heavier, stronger. the anti sway is just as good as the Kubo.. but again: heavier.

Ergonomics & layout:

Kubo: the Deluxe B is exactly that. its a Deluxe with the brakes relocated to the left, heel toe rocker on right, tilt wheel, extra power port & cruise control. its very much a top of the line layout with a good seet & pretty user friendly controls. display is decent but actually is the plainest part of the deluxe package. levers all work perfectly & are well located. the PTO kill switch is a huge PITA for running off tractor implements.

Kioti: its NOT a deluxe model. no cruise or tilt. most disappointing thing is no left side brakes (they say 2019 models will have it). seperate for/rev pedals that are side by side. dash layout is pretty nice & easy to read with just a glance. levers are pretty basic, but the PTO lever is very stiff & is too close to the seatbelt, meaning every time you reach for it you grab the seatbelt mount. NO PTO kill switch makes it easy to run off tractor implements!

cost to operate/maintenance:

Kubo: we all know... it aint cheap. filters, service, lubes... all Kubo only & nothing is free. with that said: it sips the fuel, even when running it WOT all day long. If you used a full tank of fuel in this little gal? you are tired & ready to give her & you a rest for the evening. other than the initial break in change at the dealer? never needed anything.

Kioti: cheap & easy on the break in & initial changes that you do all by yourself. filters are moderately priced, but it does have more of them. Fuel: it does like more fuel as its a good bit bigger engine. also contributing to this is that you run this engine at 2600 about all the time. also hasnt needed any service.

overall performance:

Kubo: for what it is supposed to do.... it is an awesome small machine & i got it to do a LOT. most casual owners would be perfectly happy with this machine & what it can do. You also get to say you have one of the best tractors on earth & that YES you are a Kubota owner!

Kioti: with the implements im now running & larger tasks my wife gives "us"... This machine is better suited to "my" work load & what is asked of it. If you cant afford a Grand L? This gives you that type of power/capability for half the price.... & it still orange.

If i knew then, what i know now...........

well this is the never ending second guessing one does.

1. just couldnt justify it to step up into Sheepfarmers world & get that Grand L!! i really wanted to... but the bulk & price of it is a bit too big for my place/space/trails.

2. having 2 tractors would of been ideal. keeping the new B2601 for small, yard & fun stuff & picking up an older B3200 or something in that size range for the bigger equipment.

3. there will always be a "next" thing.... as much as i like to say this is my last tractor? we all know it wont be.

if ya got questions that i can objectively answer? fire away.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Good Information:

You might also want to take another factor into consideration in your comparison.

You are comparing the economy model Kubota to a fully equipped Kioti.

If you really were going to compare apples to apples you would need to compare to a similar size and equipped model like the L3560 or L4060.

I think if you did that you would have loaded the Kioti back up and returned it in nothing flat! ;)

Yea I know, But the Kioti's are much cheaper on the initial buy. ;)

Beaudeane

Equipment
MX5800, LA1065, BH92, BB72X, RT72.40, EA 60 in grapple, county line auger
Mar 9, 2018
Dalton, Ga
Good info comparing 2 tractors that someone might step from & to especially going up in size for a second or next tractor. That’s why I’m going ahead to the Mx5800 to start. I probably don’t need one that Big but I don’t wanna spend that much money to go bigger in months or a year. I do hope this will be my first & last tractor so getting one big enough to start was my concern. We don’t deal with regular snow in north Georgia so I didn’t ever consider a cab. Would be nice to have all the extras but weight & HP for possible future use was a large part of my basis to pick my “utility” model. I have had quite a few hours on my dads 2005 grand L & I think it’s a 3130 but not positive on the model number. His has no cab either. Figured doubling the HP from the only one I’ve ever operated should be a pretty big wow factor from operating side of things. I’m betting like your experience the fuel economy will not even be close to comparable but u am glad u talked so much about the loader power of the Kubota in the comparison. Makes me feel like I made the right choice. Add that to the Kioti dealer quoting me very similar price to Kubota price on similar hp, both hydro stat, very similar frame sized tractors so I chose the Kubota cause it seemed like the “name brand” tractor. Not taking anything away from Kioti but in my quotes I got from the dealers I expected a good bit more price difference than what the dealers gave between the 2 brands & I know the great service dads little tractor has given us both in its life so far but didn’t have any experience with Kioti like that to base a decision on. I do have one friend with a 45 hp Kioti who is very pleased with it but I’ve never actually operated it. I think being used to the toe/heel forward/reverse on dads & getting the same I was used to for mine probably played a small part in my decision also. I did get quotes on both brands from 45 hp up to the one I’m waiting on now from the dealer.

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
Good Information:

You might also want to take another factor into consideration in your comparison.

You are comparing the economy model Kubota to a fully equipped Kioti.

If you really were going to compare apples to apples you would need to compare to a similar size and equipped model like the L3560 or L4060.

I think if you did that you would have loaded the Kioti back up and returned it in nothing flat! ;)

Yea I know, But the Kioti's are much cheaper on the initial buy. ;)

NIW,

uh.... i think you got that backwards..

my Kubo was the Deluxe B with all the options.

my Kioti is a standard model (stripped).

im all for a GRAND L as stated in my post..... would love to have one someday!

the grand L 4060 is just way too big in frame size & not in the zone of affordability. not anywhere close to apples to apples.

IF Kubota had a dependable new tractor with this type of power, in THIS SIZE FRAME?

i would have seriously tried to buy it.

YES they have the 33... & i wasnt impressed. maybe should have looked harder at the base 3901? but again thats a bigger framed tractor.

wanted to ad that NO ONE with a 2601 Kubota would go to a ck2510 kioti... why would you?

the only reason to consider these tractors is if you need MORE PTO HP for your goodies. &

have no clue why they even make the 3510 when the 4010 is only $500 more.. all 3 of the kiotis are exactly the same size, weight, frame & so on.... so why would anyone buy the smaller HP version?

Last edited:

majorwager

Equipment
MX5100 FEL ford 1620 FEL International 484 FEL Lull 844C
Visiting a kubota website to bash their tractors and not experiencing a warm reception, how surprising? Honestly, I find the abbreviation offensive. Realize that one skewed opinion is Not a definitive consensus defaming the brand.

Further, kubota has forced other manufacturers to elevate their product quality and performance by setting the bar at a higher level, Overall this has produced a positive effect and influence upon the industry. AKA: Follow the Leader.

Actually it is flattering to kubota that the selling point of the competition is that they must still insert the "just as good as a kubota" in every sales pitch mantra.

Is there brand loyality for every product category on the planet, absolutely!

In a perfect futuristic world, other copycat orange tractors may have their own website wherein members may celebrate the attributes of their brand.

In the interim, that scenerio doesn't appear to exist currently and certainly not on this particular shade of orange. Better luck asking Mary Todd Lincoln how she enjoyed the play!!

Last edited:

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
Visiting a kubota website to bash their tractors and not experiencing a warm reception, how surprising? Honestly, I find the abbreviation offensive. Realize that one skewed opinion is Not a definitive consensus defaming the brand.

Further, kubota has forced other manufacturers to elevate their product quality and performance by setting the bar at a higher level, Overall this has produced a positive effect and influence upon the industry. AKA: Follow the Leader.

Actually it is flattering to kubota that the selling point of the competition is that they must still insert the "just as good as a kubota" in every sales pitch mantra.

Is there brand loyality for every product category on the planet, absolutely!

In a perfect futuristic world, other copycat orange tractors may have their own website wherein members may celebrate the attributes of their brand.

In the interim, that scenerio doesn't appear to exist currently and certainly not on this particulat shade of orange. Better luck asking Mary Todd Lincoln how she enjoyed the play!!
Nice diatribe. Is that what you got from this?

where do you think you see that at?

NO ONE is bashing a Kubota in this thread.

especially not me. im pro Kubota at every turn.

ive very clearly pointed out area's where the Kubota is both superior & equal to a larger tractor.

Tractor Dell

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Jun 13, 2017
Central PA
I wouldn't get too upset sdk1968. I thought it was a nice, well thought out post. While this is my first Kubota, I used a lot of different brands growing up. Every one has it pluses and minuses. It is all on what the individual is looking for, and what price he/she is willing to pay for that. Of course, there are some people who are totally brand based. It is like the Chevy guy who will NEVER buy a Ford.... When you ask why, their answer is basically because they "suck". ;)

majorwager

Equipment
MX5100 FEL ford 1620 FEL International 484 FEL Lull 844C
Beaudeane,
Believe you will enjoy the MX. I can perform ptactically any task with mine that the ford (Shibaura) does. I actually prefer the simplified hydraulic transmission as compared to the Grand L. The increased availability of implement options broadens the appeal. Often a member will encounter a "great deal" on a used implement, only to learn it is too large for their machine. Agree a cab in your climate, likely unnecessary. But we get mega snow and cold so I did add a cab, aftermarket. Good luck and welcome to the site.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I wouldn't get too upset sdk1968. I thought it was a nice, well thought out post. While this is my first Kubota, I used a lot of different brands growing up. Every one has it pluses and minuses. It is all on what the individual is looking for, and what price he/she is willing to pay for that. Of course, there are some people who are totally brand based. It is like the Chevy guy who will NEVER buy a Ford.... When you ask why, their answer is basically because they "suck". ;)
Well, I am gonna go at this from a different side,

SDK1968 - everything you said was well said, point v point - well thought out, clear and concise, not saying anything in a negative light on either side of the fence but doing a great job of pros and cons.

BUT to have someone chime in and completely misconstrue what you are trying to say is beyond me........and I have been away for over a month due to this very same thing! WTF spends the time to explain or point out something when someone else DOES not take the time to READ the ENTIRE post, or harp on one word or read something into that wasnt there???

I am so tired of those that cannot carry a conversation - or cannot see what the conversation is really about. Tired of trying to comment or explain and have a few seem to feel the need to show off their ego.

I have been here for 4 year plus, and yes I have misread and misunderstood what someone was trying to point out and most times I own it when I screwed the pooch. BUT why in the hell do we need to "bust ones balls" in an open forum? I get it, it is like a mini-facebook - people hide behind the keyboard/monitor and say stuff they WOULD NEVER say face to face - 'cause if they said it, someone would smack the hell out of them.

In my absence I have come to the conclusion that if what I am trying to say is gonna be twisted like a expensive court house lawyer trying to find a loop hole by placing words in one's mouth never intended to be there - why open one's mouth in the first place?????

I have spent a lifetime helping people in and out of the classroom, and many will thank me for what I did to help them - but I have found out in my ripe old age - no matter how much you try to help someone, someone ALWAYS find a fault and somehow forget the hundreds of things that were positive and helpful. AND then somehow ruin a perfect relationship with a comment that should have never been said.........

SDK1968 - again I salute you for taking to the time to INFORM the rest of us on what you see with these two machines. If it helps just one person, then it has been a positive contribution. If it does not help, at least it was a valid opinion. Keep it up - I enjoyed the post despite.;)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
In MHO tractors are a lot like bikes, I have a preference toward HDs, and have ridden almost every other bike out there at one time or another, all have pros and cons, some were pretty much spot on for me others not so much. The point is each one does something better than the others, and it dont matter what you ride as long as your in the wind, and tractors it dont matter as long as it does what you want/need and are happy with it

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Sdk I found your post very interesting and timely as a friend just found and bought a used Kioti. Turns out his wife suggested he get his own (bigger) tractor because she thought he might damage her Kubota working on a new piece of property they bought! He said when she brought up the topic of another tractor at dinner he about choked, and didn't find out the reason until he overheard a phone conversation. They looked high and low for a used Kubota in the 40 hp size with no luck. Found the Kioti with a boatload of implements including a backhoe, and this rich guys wife wanted it gone and so he got it all for 17K. Been neglected but he's happily remedying that. He's tickled to death, he got to pull her tractor out of the mud with it the other day:D. He's well aware of the pros and cons, but that was what he could find in his price range.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Maybe it's all "cabin fever". When man is cooped up too long his brain gets constipated.

I saw yesterday someone suggested locking a thread because it had ran it's course. For the time I've been participating on this forum, I can't recall a thread ever being locked. I sure couldn't see the need for that thread (or any other) to be locked.

Comparing a Kioti to a Kubota on a Kubota forum is like scheduling a gay parade at a biker's rally! Might be well written and have good intentions, but would be good reading if it was on the Kioti Forum.

But at 11:45 AM CST Spring will be here. A little sun shine will generate some heat, grass will grow and everyone can get out and play. The constipation will be cured!!

Tractor Dell

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Jun 13, 2017
Central PA
But at 11:45 AM CST Spring will be here. A little sun shine will generate some heat, grass will grow and everyone can get out and play. The constipation will be cured!!
Unfortunately they are calling for 6 to 10 inches of white stuff today and tonight in central PA... I want to go play in my woods, but i can't if it is like walking on a sponge! :(

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
thanks for the positive words from the always great membership here!

& for those who can see this IS NOT a anti Kubota thread. just read the results of each section to see.

100% sure that i will have another Kubota as there is not a day that goes by that i dont look for another toy..... & they are everywhere.

for those who dont get/like the thread? sorry. not every thread is a winner for everybody.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
sdk1968- Thanks for the info, well done.
Even IF you were comparing apples to oranges (which I don't think you were) we now have more information on that particular orange and that particular apple. More info is seldom a bad thing. Maybe you just helped someone make a decision or answered a question someone had.
Thumbs up.:)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
my Kubo was the Deluxe B with all the options.

my Kioti is a standard model (stripped).
I hate to tell you but a Kubota B2601 is a basic B no matter what options it has, or you added.
A Kubota B2650 is a deluxe model.

And yea your ck4010 might be stripped down, I don't have a lot of experience with them.

Back to my main point, that is your comparing 2 different class of tractors.
A B2601 is a 25.5 HP tractor and CK4010 39 HP.
Your comparison keeps saying the Kubota is lighter... Yes it is, its a smaller class tractor.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I am so tired of those that cannot carry a conversation -

BUT why in the hell do we need to "bust ones balls" in an open forum?

....why open one's mouth in the first place?????
What I'm getting here lately also. If you pound my dick in the dirt once, shame on me......

I noticed Hokie hadn't been around in a while.....sounds like same issue.

I saw yesterday someone suggested locking a thread because it had ran it's course.

Comparing Kioti to a Kubota on a Kubota forum is like scheduling a gay parade at a biker's rally!
That was me that suggested the thread be locked. My thought was derogatory posts might follow, some of which might be specific to the member who ended their participation.

'Cat, if you have an issue with that, you should have taken that up with the Moderators.

The other comment is not appropriate on OTT in my opinion, not in this context. It was a poke in his eye. Seems we (used) to make fun here, and I'm cool with that. This wasn't offered in that way. We're better than that.

for those who dont get/like the thread? sorry. not every thread is a winner for everybody.
I guess sdk1968 can take the high road.

I'm not pleased with the way OTT is going lately, and my time here may be done shortly for the same reasons 85Hokie said very well.......

I hate to say that, but "cabin fever" is not acceptable....

With all that said, I would ask the Moderators to lock this thread.

Last edited: