Status
Not open for further replies.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I put his post, you you all could quit complaining that it's unfair of me to try a keep a clean and polite forum.
I guess you all think it's acceptable to call people names and tell them they are full of shit.
This forum is headed down the toilet!
NIW, I do not think that it is okay to call names or to be disrespectful to others on the forum. That being said, I think that too many people take what is said too personally. I look at it as a person expressing an opinion very strongly. I can either agree or disagree with what is posted but that is my choice. I do not want to see censorship just because someone is offended by what is posted. That is happening way too much lately. We all have the power to make choices. If someone dislikes a thread, then they should choose to ignore it, not have it censored or deleted.

Reactions: 1 users

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
NIW, I do not think that it is okay to call names or to be disrespectful to others on the forum. That being said, I think that too many people take what is said too personally. I look at it as a person expressing an opinion very strongly. I can either agree or disagree with what is posted but that is my choice. I do not want to see censorship just because someone is offended by what is posted. That is happening way too much lately. We all have the power to make choices. If someone dislikes a thread, then they should choose to ignore it, not have it censored or deleted.
Ive only seen NIW call out a few members for percieved name calling but let other members who actually do name calling or other nastiness slide right on by. Hard to know what the rules really are with that method of enforcement.

Reactions: 1 user

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
I put his post, you you all could quit complaining that it's unfair of me to try a keep a clean and polite forum.
I guess you all think it's acceptable to call people names and tell them they are full of shit.
The biggest problem is that there is only a few that are causing the most problems and act like little children if anyone disagrees with them at all. They have absolutely NO respect act all for other people’s opinions and are Hell bent that everything is a conspiracy against them and their political beliefs. That is the number one problem with the world today. Everyone categorizes everything into one political party against another and God forbid if you do anything against my beliefs but it is absolutely OK for me to rip you apart for your beliefs. Nobody cares at all about what is best for everyone as a whole group. Everyone feels that they are Entitled to more than the next person. And God forbid if any of these people who scream that they have the right to write anything they want in the off topic to join a forum that they can rant all they want. No, they have to constantly ruin one good forum after another.

Reactions: 3 users

sparky45

Equipment
L 3301DT
Dec 5, 2018
SEDAN
Right behind you NIW, down the toilet that is.
BTW, this is the OFF TOPIC section of the Forum, right?

sparky45

Equipment
L 3301DT
Dec 5, 2018
SEDAN
The biggest problem is that there is only a few that are causing the most problems and act like little children if anyone disagrees with them at all. They have absolutely NO respect act all for other people’s opinions and are Hell bent that everything is a conspiracy against them and their political beliefs. That is the number one problem with the world today. Everyone categorizes everything into one political party against another and God forbid if you do anything against my beliefs but it is absolutely OK for me to rip you apart for your beliefs. Nobody cares at all about what is best for everyone as a whole group. Everyone feels that they are Entitled to more than the next person. And God forbid if any of these people who scream that they have the right to write anything they want in the off topic to join a forum that they can rant all they want. No, they have to constantly ruin one good forum after another.
I have a iron clad solution for those offended by my posts, and any other posters comments on the OFF TOPIC section of this Forum; DON'T COME HERE TO BE OFFENDED.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I have a iron clad solution for those offended by my posts, and any other posters comments on the OFF TOPIC section of this Forum; DON'T COME HERE TO BE OFFENDED.
I don't think offended is the right word. Annoyed, appalled might be closer. The dogmatic "full silverback" approach stops discussion. As far as just stay out of threads, not practical. One can't tell what's in a thread until you click on it.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I don't think offended is the right word. Annoyed, appalled might be closer. The dogmatic "full silverback" approach stops discussion. As far as just stay out of threads, not practical. One can't tell what's in a thread until you click on it.
Sheepfarmer, I am respectfully saying that if you click on a thread and discover that the subject or posts in the thread annoy you, you can CHOOSE to either ignore the thread or even ignore the poster. To take away other people's right to choose is censorship pure and simple.

Reactions: 1 users

sparky45

Equipment
L 3301DT
Dec 5, 2018
SEDAN
But yet, because I have a different viewpoint of all things China Flu, you reported me to NIW. You two neighbors?

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
But yet, because I have a different viewpoint of all things China Flu, you reported me to NIW. You two neighbors?
That wouldn't be quite right. The only thing that I've clicked on if I remember right is the time you called some one a BOT because you didn't like what they said. A newbie. I have pretty thick skin, disagree all you want . It is the nastiness I don't care for, and don't think it is in the forum community's best interests to have it continue. So I voted to stop the thread which I had been enjoying. Some of you have only been members of OTT for a few months. Others of us have been on board for 6 or 7 years and have different feelings about what kind of community we would like to be in. Some of have different opinions about what it means to exercise good judgement and self discipline on the content of posts. Censorship is unnecessary when that happens.

Mr K laid out his feelings a few years ago, and I cut and pasted his sticky into another thread. It is quite possible to disagree civilly, and if topics are too political take them elsewhere. The moderators are trying to follow the forum owners' wishes.

Reactions: 1 user

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Plus one... This forum don't need abrasive comments. My solution was to put the abrasive posters on ignore because I've never believed in 'snitching' on anyone other than obvious spam.

I don't care what you post but if I don't want to read it I don't. I put the posters on ignore

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Plus one... This forum don't need abrasive comments. My solution was to put the abrasive posters on ignore because I've never believed in 'snitching' on anyone other than obvious spam.

I don't care what you post but if I don't want to read it I don't. I put the posters on ignore

Additionally, I stated if you want to partake in a no holds barred forum (and have a thick skin and can take back what you dish out), my suggestion is to go to the 'other forum' TBN and register on Muhammad's Top News Talk' sub forum. Your normal TBN log in don't work on TNT, you must register for that sub forum and choose an alternate screen name.

I'm on it, I'm 'Booger' over there but be apprised, you'll get everything back that you dish out and then some.

It has to be the most divisive forum I've ever participated in, hands down.

If you want to post an abrasive comment, expect to get it right back. If you can take the heat, you'll be fine. If not, don't go there. It's not nicey-nicey.

sparky45

Equipment
L 3301DT
Dec 5, 2018
SEDAN
That wouldn't be quite right. The only thing that I've clicked on if I remember right is the time you called some one a BOT because you didn't like what they said. A newbie. I have pretty thick skin, disagree all you want . It is the nastiness I don't care for, and don't think it is in the forum community's best interests to have it continue. So I voted to stop the thread which I had been enjoying. Some of you have only been members of OTT for a few months. Others of us have been on board for 6 or 7 years and have different feelings about what kind of community we would like to be in. Some of have different opinions about what it means to exercise good judgement and self discipline on the content of posts. Censorship is unnecessary when that happens.

Mr K laid out his feelings a few years ago, and I cut and pasted his sticky into another thread. It is quite possible to disagree civilly, and if topics are too political take them elsewhere. The moderators are trying to follow the forum owners' wishes.
I suggest your attitude of "I've been here longer so my opinion matters more" is naive and condescending. I've always played by the rules, which are quite liberal I feel, that said, the last sentence of your thesis is totally self serving.
BTW, I didn't call someone a BOT, I simply asked is the poster WAS a BOT.

sparky45

Equipment
L 3301DT
Dec 5, 2018
SEDAN
Additionally, I stated if you want to partake in a no holds barred forum (and have a thick skin and can take back what you dish out), my suggestion is to go to the 'other forum' TBN and register on Muhammad's Top News Talk' sub forum. Your normal TBN log in don't work on TNT, you must register for that sub forum and choose an alternate screen name.

I'm on it, I'm 'Booger' over there but be apprised, you'll get everything back that you dish out and then some.

It has to be the most divisive forum I've ever participated in, hands down.

If you want to post an abrasive comment, expect to get it right back. If you can take the heat, you'll be fine. If not, don't go there. It's not nicey-nicey.
Are you addressing me in your comments? If so, thank you for your advise, it's certainly worth the price.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Personal attacks towards any member stops now... Period.

I don't care who you think wronged you, reported you, censored you, or simply rubbed you the wrong way.

Move on!

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Gonna lock this thread too. For answers to questions you might have, check out this thread below.

Status
Not open for further replies.