MIG welding question. (CO2 canister)

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Paul I am again impressed with your work! That crazy cart and trailer you built are awesome! Forgive me but I need to get a tissue, your work brings a tear to my eye!

Thanks for posting your work, you are inspiring the rookies!

Scott

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
...Put some cleats on a bulldozier for a friend once he was complaining about them breaking when he welded them.After I put them on I (claded the top) and used a hard surface rod and built top of cleats up I saw him several months later he said the thing beat him to death but he couldnt break the cleats or even scratch the top we both got a laugh out of that. He said he never saw that hard surface used on them before. By the way this 25 years ago. ...
handy, I really enjoy reading your stories. You are such a great welder that not even a BULLDOZER could find a weakness in your welds :eek:

Handy, keep those stories coming please.

Between you and Paul I feel like a little leaguer getting the chances to rub elbows with the majors!

Scott

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
No trailduster you are not by any means a little leager. Thanks for the compliment. I had to go back and look at wildfires pictures that man is good welder, machinist, fabricator and all. Like the cart also. Unbeleivable he matched color with his truck . Everyone on this site is good at a lot of things and will share with other. handy

joekimtkd

Equipment
B7510DT, 4' Snow blower, 4' Loader, 6' Blade, 6' 3PH Finish mower, 6' box blade,
Aug 16, 2009
Durham Ontario Canada
Yeah, I did weld on that bracket.;) It was 1/4 inch thickness but my lincoln did good welding. I was surprised. I actually seen metal is melting and running down too...:eek: My other small welder never did that.:eek: No wonder that bracket welded spot falling off~

I have one question on my welding result though. When I tried straight bead, zig zag, U-shape weaving and all but does not look good to me.:cool:
Either too thin bead or not looking straight beads (Look alike snake)...:eek:

But when I do circling move (spiral)... It looks good and result is straight bead too and look strong bead too.
On 1/4 inch mild steel setting was, 2.5 wire feeding speed and Voltage setting was "E". Whatever that is~:rolleyes: (On welder door chart)

I've seen many of videos on youtube guys do straight or zig zag, u-shape weaving and they look good, straight, look strong too. but never seen spiral moves.

What am I doing wrong~~???

And Paul~! You are amazing~! and your shop is soooooo clean and neat.
That tells me you are not the ordinary man at all~!
You should patent that crazy cart and sell it cheap~~~! maybe $100~?!:D:D:D

Thank you all.

Joe.

Last edited:

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Yeah, I did weld on that bracket.;) It was 1/4 inch thickness but my lincoln did good welding. I was surprised. I actually seen metal is melting and running down too...:eek: My other small welder never did that.:eek: No wonder that bracket welded spot falling off~

I have one question on my welding result though. When I tried straight bead, zig zag, U-shape weaving and all but does not look good to me.
Either too thin bead or not looking straight beads (Look alike snake)...:eek:

But when I do circling move (spiral)... It looks good and result is straight bead too and look strong bead too.
On 1/4 inch mild steel setting was, 2.5 wire feeding speed and Voltage setting was "E". Whatever that is~:rolleyes: (On welder door chart)

I've seen many of videos on youtube guys do straight or zig zag, u-shape weaving and they look good, straight, look strong too. but never seen spiral moves.

What am I doing wrong~~???

And Paul~! You are amazing~! and your shop is soooooo clean and neat.
That tells me you are not the ordinary man at all~!
You should patent that crazy cart and sell it cheap~~~! maybe $100~?!:D

Thank you all.

Joe.
Joe, good god I have never laughed so hard until I read your post - LOL's :D:p:D

You are definitely worth waiting up at night to read :D

You come down here and I'll buy you two coffee's

Scott

doubleh

Equipment
B7510, FEL, brush hog
Feb 26, 2010
S. E. New Mexico
I just joined this forum a few days ago and wanted to chime in and say I enjoyed reading this thread. Some very good information was posted. I'm a retired welder and enjoy reading about other's experiences. I welded in a potash mine for a couple of years in the '60s but missed the sunlight so much I quit and went to work in the oil field. I carried an ASME Code 9-G6 certification for many, many years.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
I just joined this forum a few days ago and wanted to chime in and say I enjoyed reading this thread. Some very good information was posted. I'm a retired welder and enjoy reading about other's experiences. I welded in a potash mine for a couple of years in the '60s but missed the sunlight so much I quit and went to work in the oil field. I carried an ASME Code 9-G6 certification for many, many years.

Hi doubleh and welcome to the best orange tractor forum on the net!

I am looking forward to your contributions on this welding stuff. From the description of your experiance I believe that between you and handyman we are in good hands!

Scott

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
Welcome doubleh glad to see somebody else my age. I am sure you will enjoy this site some great people and everyone will share their knowledge and experiences. I have forgotten a lot probably more than I remember.Take a gander at wildfires toys makes me feel like a kid:D. Its a lot of talent on this site. Those mines would be rough dont blame you about sunlight. Myself and a traveling buddy had a job in 80s in a shipyard he use to work in the oil wells and sea rigs. We were in Louisiana when we check on a place to stay so expensive we packed up and went back working outages in power plants etc..He wanted us to go out on a rig but no openings at that time They gave us a job in shipyard like I said we was gone before the sun set . ;)Man that was bad not even making it to work first day.handy

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Thanks guys again for your kind words on my work. Dad always said if it's worth doing it's worth doing well and if he's looking down on me I hope I'm not disappointing his.
The fact is each and everyone of us is good at something. There's an enormous amount of talent just on this site. There's no one person that knows it all and there are no know it all's on here and that's what makes this site as good as it is. As I said. We're all good at something and when I find out what I'm good at I'm going to post on here. Promise! :D

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
when I find out what I'm good at I'm going to post on here. Promise! :D

Uh, Paul? The entire internet is jam packed like Wally World's parking lot on black Friday with what you are good at.
Annnnnd that would be EVERYTHING :D

Scott