Messick's shipping. You've got to be kidding me!!!

Dae06

May 10, 2018
Minnesota
This is a $50 light switch (TD350-75360). Its the exact same switch that came with the tractor for the front working lights.

This is smaller that 1.5" cubed and the cheapest shipping is $18.47??

The reason I looked a Messick's is that there are no switches at any of the dealers near me and they said the warehouse doesn't have them either.

I'll wire my own switch before I pay $18.00 for shipping a small package like that. :mad:

Attachments

Reactions: 2 users

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
Shipping seems to get higher over time and they probably have a handling and packing fee built into that number. I tend to buy a lot of small parts from eBay for that reason but use care - the least expensive stuff tends to be shipped from China so delivery can be a couple months out.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
This is a $50 light switch (TD350-75360). Its the exact same switch that came with the tractor for the front working lights.

The reason I looked a Messick's is that there are no switches at any of the dealers near me and they said the warehouse doesn't have them either.

I'll wire my own switch before I pay $18.00 for shipping a small package like that. :mad:
This is not the first time this has been brought up, Give them a call, I think they said they would do different shipping on small items. ;)

AllDodge

Equipment
M9540 RTV1100
Jan 19, 2019
South Central, ky
I think there automatic lowest ship is what your seeing, check with them.

Might also want to check local dealer, may find out might be cheaper. Last time I needed something it came that way for me, my only issue is nearest dealer is 40 miles

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa

That same switch part number is available from other sources.

If this is your part number; https://www.google.com/search?q=TD350-75360&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=ubuntu&channel=fs

I had a similar reaction to their shipping costs, try shipping fluids!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
For me at least, Coleman has a better price on shipping.

jtboney1

Equipment
L2501
Jul 11, 2018
Mobile, Alabama

I agree 100%. I don't even consider Messick's any more for my tractor part needs. Most of the time the price of the part is the same as what my dealer charges. Then tacking on a RIDICULOUS amount for shipping takes them completely out of the ball game.:mad:

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Coleman shipping for that switch is $11.38 to Minnesota... item price is$48.81.

Net difference makes Coleman about $10 cheaper...

Guess this is the reason I order from Coleman. :)

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
Shipping has gone up leaps and bounds lately. I dont bother selling anything on eBay anymore.

I ordered a few springs from Messicks last year and shipping was more than the parts obviously, but in that instance I didnt have the time to stop by a dealer to order them.

The parts diagrams on their site are handy, and you can take the part numbers to your local counter and order em up.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
messick is a dealer.

most of the dealers I know of are being charged shipping by their suppliers (in this case kubota). What are the dealers gonna do? Eat the shipping costs? Our little network....over $1,000,000 in [parts] shipping costs were not accounted for in 2018. That's 12 dealers combined. One would say well that's just pocket change. Might be for you but that's a lot of money to me! Write off? No so fast. Not everything is deductible, depreciable, or otherwise able to be written off. The unresolved shipping costs are simply a loss. A loss is the same thing that happens when you order something online and get it wrong and there's no recourse. You suck it up and hope not to do it again.

They're going to pass it on to the consumer. That means if kubota charges them $7 to ship it from warehouse to dealer, dealer's gonna add that into the shipping cost to your door when you order it. On the same note, one of the things that has bothered me about online shopping (in a lot of cases) is when you are "shopping", it might show that item to be available, but after a few weeks of it not showing up, you find out that it backordered or is NLA or whatever. If it's not available local, it may not be available at all. BTW what is the part number? I might be able to get a dealer parts guy look it up & get some more info on it.

This is one of the many ways that the online shopping industry is under attack by small businesses, and there's good reason for it. Also many states are charging sales taxes for online orders even if the business doesn't have a physical address in that state. The government has been 'missing out' on their share too, for a long time.

Do I like it? NO WAY. But we have no choice. I feel like even after making contact with our government officials, they are going to do whatever they want anyway if it fits there agenda. To me then, what's the point?

Dae06

May 10, 2018
Minnesota
I think Amazon’s free shipping is spoiling us, but shipping rates have seemed to have gone up a lot.

thepumpguysc

Aug 8, 2018
Sunny South Carolina
THATS WHY I don't sell parts.. MY supplier charges me 20-25.00 for ANYTHING I order..
If it comes in a small manila bubble pack that u can fit in your pocket.. 20.00..
If its a large box its 25.00 +..
So any "savings" I get for being a "dealer" is eaten up by shipping.. 1st TO ME, then TO U..
THAT equals out to about 30.00 in shipping charges.. I can ship something to a customer for 10-11.00 where "I" got charged 20-25.00 from my supplier.!!
Shipping charges have become a money tree, for the big suppliers..{never ending supply of money/income}

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
Wasn’t President Trump supposed to look into some kind of sweetheart deal between Amazon and USPS??

UPS too i’m sure....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

thepumpguysc

Aug 8, 2018
Sunny South Carolina
IDK about that.. but a few of the vendors I get parts from say Fed-up has swung a deal w/ them.. Its cheaper than USPS..
Unfortunately my MAIN supplier wont use anything BUT UPS.. in which they charge me 25.00 +..
It sux for me and my customers.. I HAVE TO pay the 25.00 AND my customers cant benefit from my price savings..
Oh Well.. "and the world keeps turning".. as they say..

tiktock

Jun 27, 2018
Plaistow
I think their public policy is that they assume all parts ordered are "needed" as soon as possible so they use some form of more costly shipping as a default. Quite odd considering nearly ever other retailer in the world lets you choose your shipping based on how quickly you need something. Last time i bought a bag of shear bolts i'm quite sure shipping as 2X the cost of the order.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
If you don’t need it right away, order it on the weekly stock order at your local dealership and it will be cheaper.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
When I took my tractor to the local dealer, they did the repair, and charged me $15 shipping for a few washers to increase the pressure in my hydraulic system. I asked at the parts counter if it was a stock part, and he said, how many do you want? 25 in stock at all times. It is just another way that some dealers rip off the customer. I was having breakfast with a friend that went there the day before to get a price on a new tractor, since they are in the town next to him. After hearing about my experience, he bought his tractor 40 miles away, and they matched the price, and delivered it to him the next day. The local dealer wanted $45 delivery fee. I won't ever deny a business making a profit, but I will not stand to be gouged. I prefer to shop local, but when a local store wants to screw you over, I vote with my money, and go elsewhere.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I ordered a Kubota third function kit from my local dealer last year. Was like $800, no freight charged. Neighbor ordered a door for his M9540, no freight charged.

Last edited: