Look what came today

neilbedwell

May 11, 2010
Kentucky
Mr. Barlow from Barlow Equipment in Somerset, KY dropped this little beauty off at my house today. I am beyond pleased and could not have asked for a more pleasant buying experience from a true gentleman.

It's an L2800 HST with FEL and box blade.

Of course, the boss approves:

Last edited:

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Sharp looking tractor you have there boss. Man has x-mas come early this year cause damn your like the 3rd or 4h person on here to get brand new toys this early in the year.

misterb

Equipment
L 35 TLB
Mar 22, 2010
Powassan, Ontario
I ditto that completely. It's all I think about these days!

best regards to all my gentle colleagues in orange.
Like I told the wife "honey do" chores that need the tractor will get done first!

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Congrat's on the new tractor, and with folding ROPS! Man does that orange ever shine nice when it's brand new :D

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Nice looking ride. I hope you got to see yours come in. I have bought 3 new Kubotas and all of them were delivered while I was at work.

I like your 229 in the other pics as well. You can't beat a Sig.

neilbedwell

May 11, 2010
Kentucky
LOL! I am dying laughing. Yeah, I love my Sig P229. I picked it up completely by chance. I just happened to drop by Bud's gun shop in Lexington, KY one day and they had that puppy with those fancy fiber optic sights for $500 out the door. I knew this was a good deal and snapped it up. I have never regretted it. It is now my favorite pistol. I just wish I'd bought one years ago instead of the myriad of Glocks/1911s, etc. that I have owned over the years. Might as well be honest, guns are my one true vice.

And, no, I don't have the big head. LOL! Too funny.

I was home when Mr. Barlow delivered my tractor. His wife came with him and they were nice enough to come and sit on our porch and visit a while. I just hope they enjoyed the strawberry pie as much as we enjoyed the visit. Nice people.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
bulldog, where did you see a pic of his sig????? I have the sig 225. I'm glad Ga has that personal protection law now. It basically says you can shoot someone thru the door if they are trying to break in. You don't have to wait till they get inside. Good law for the good guys.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
bulldog, where did you see a pic of his sig????? I have the sig 225. I'm glad Ga has that personal protection law now. It basically says you can shoot someone thru the door if they are trying to break in. You don't have to wait till they get inside. Good law for the good guys.
ipz,

go click on the original pics of the tractor.

Niel,

Good looking tractor, you will get a lot of service and enjoyment from that shiny ride.

I'll give you your money back on that Sig??? (Ha-Ha) You don't even need to answer that. I really like Sig pistols. They are high but after about 30,000 rounds go thru the chamber all the rest are in pieces. Here are a few that I keep close by. Bet you can't guess which one is the wifes?

Attachments

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Bulldawg stop lieing you know the pink pistol is yours! And did you say you just bought 3. THREE? new Kubota tractors????

Damn everone's got a new toy for christmas but me!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Bulldawg stop lieing you know the pink pistol is yours! And did you say you just bought 3. THREE? new Kubota tractors????

Damn everone's got a new toy for christmas but me!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Depends on how you look at it Eric, I did buy the pink one for my wife but it is in my name. I like it and it does get some strange looks when I get it out. It's fun to shoot and is very accurate.

Yes, I have bought 3 new Kubota tractors but not this year. 2000-L 3000DT, 02-M 9000DT, 04-M 9000DTC.

I would like to have a big tractor with a huge cab. My 04 M has a cab but it's to cramped up. If you get a X model they do have a nice big cab but then turn right around and put a control panel beside your right leg and take away all the extra room. It might as well have been stuck up your rear than to tease you from the outside view of a big cab and then take all the space away.

I have been looking at a Vermeer bale processor (85 HP min) for feeding cows but my 9000 doesn't have enough HP. The only thing that I have found that Kubota makes with a big cab that actually leaves the extra room is the 108S and it is only 96 PTO hp so it would be almost at max capacity to run one. I hate to but I may have to look at a Blue or Red tractor if I go bigger. Ouch that hurts!!!!:(

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I can understand that, cant have it all in one machiene. New Holland and Case are both one in the same now, so either one is just as good as the other. I believe that J I Case bought out New Holland a few years ago and they merged to be Case New Holland and I hear CNH Capital is the banker.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I just wish that Kubota would use the room that they have available in better ways. Why make the cab a foot wider and cram a control panel up your arss. They need a fat man on their design team that really like to spread out and be comfortable.

So what if the tractor ended up with a candy bar holder or a special designed place just right for a bag of cheetos to set in. I bet it would be very open and roomy with easy access scratchin. :D

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Well ya forget that these are Japanese tractors which I would assume are deigned overseas then the master plan is sent state side. Those short tiny narrow ass Japanese dude's dont require a whole helluva lot of room to operate.