Land Pride quick hitch?

neiltpsn

Oct 3, 2015
AB
Going to pick up my new Land Pride RB1560 back blade tomorrow and wondering if it's worth ponying up for the LP quick hitch?

Right now the back blade is only 3pt attachment I will own and will be on the tractor all winter with the snow blower attached. I will also use it for it's intended use off and on during the rest of the year and also for a little bit of extra weight while using the FEL. So I'll be taking it off and on several times over the season.

I'd like to get a core aerator next season. Probably an Everything Attachments one that weighs about 520lbs.

Should I just get a the quick hitch also while I'm there tomorrow or hold off until I have my aerator next year?

Not sure how much fiddling will be involved with putting the back blade on and taking it off. New to the whole 3pt hitch stuff.

Like others have said buy the quick hitch .
I have had mine over a year now and it's some of the best money I have spent.
I m disabled and getting on and of and rearranging too get the implements hooked up can be a pain but withe the hitch I don't need to leave my seat most times.
You won't regret it .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire

Cathy Liebchen

Equipment
KUBOTA L3901, MX5800, MULE PRO FX, MULE PRO FXT

BillK01

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, LP 1560 back blade, Front mount snow blower, Ferris ISX800 ZTR
Mar 17, 2017
Near Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks for the links! I was just out playing with my new back blade and qh and the lower pins on the RB1560 seem tight in the qh hooks.

It's the top pin that is flopping around like crazy - or is there supposed to be some play in the top link? I can't imagine that anything extra on the lower pins will work.

I'm new to this but is it possible that the RB1560 lower pins are already matched perfectly to the QH05 and I only need the cat 2to3 bushing for the top link?

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
I have a Braber Equipment quick hitch. It looks identical to the Land Pride but was way cheaper.

My only complaint with the quick hitch is how much they rattle when you have no implement in it, like when you are mowing.

BillK01

Equipment
Mar 17, 2017
Near Pittsburgh, PA
I have a Braber Equipment quick hitch. It looks identical to the Land Pride but was way cheaper.

My only complaint with the quick hitch is how much they rattle when you have no implement in it, like when you are mowing.
That's weird, mine is rock solid. No movement or rattling at all.

I did just buy the bushings at TSC today and they are all too big for my Land Pride QH05. I think the QH05 is cat1 on the bottom and just a bit larger than cat2 on top. No way the cat3 bushing will fit in the top hook, same with cat2 in bottom.

dakota12gauge

Aug 5, 2017
Rochester, MI
If you get the Bushings for the pins, you'll like it even more! ;)

Thanks Wolfman, I had no idea about the bushings but your reply prompted me to review the Quick Hitch manual where I found the bushings should have been delivered with the QH15. Tomorrow I'll be at the dealer asking why they were not included and when can I expect them to be delivered!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thanks Wolfman, I had no idea about the bushings but your reply prompted me to review the Quick Hitch manual where I found the bushings should have been delivered with the QH15. Tomorrow I'll be at the dealer asking why they were not included and when can I expect them to be delivered!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you have several implements, get some of these they work great!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-PAIR-Cat-...106264&hash=item419c435c53:g:ddcAAOSwurZZEgTg

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
Another place to look is AgriSupply.com, they have a great selection of items for tractors and the pricing is very good. Shipping costs are not bad either.

Loner16

Equipment
B-7800
Last edited:

Everyman

Jan 12, 2017
Hollis,NH USA
I find that the Pat's quick hitch shown in this picture works best for me. I am sorry that the site software seems to want to turn the picture upside down. I cannot seem to fix it.

Attachments

Loner16

Equipment
B-7800
Nothing against the Pat's system, but for my money it's not a quick hitch, as it's only for the lower links, still need to get off to hook up the top link, or possibly set the spacing of the lowers..

It looks like a quality product, but I never really understood how it helps out an awful lot.. Just my opinion..

scdeerslayer

Equipment
MX5200DT
May 23, 2016
SC
Nothing against the Pat's system, but for my money it's not a quick hitch, as it's only for the lower links, still need to get off to hook up the top link, or possibly set the spacing of the lowers..

It looks like a quality product, but I never really understood how it helps out an awful lot.. Just my opinion..
If you have implements of different widths they help out a lot, especially if used in combination with telescoping stabilizers. Getting off to hook up the top link isn't that big of a deal, especially if you're hooking up a PTO implement. In fact, keeping that top link out of the way makes it easier to hook up the PTO shaft.

bdale

Jul 24, 2016
N.C.
I use the Land Pride QH05 quick hitch, it's light easy to take on and off when you need to just weights 37 pounds, if your implements are quick hitch compliant you don't need any bushings only rated for 680 lbs but these are for compact tractors so how many implements do you see that weight over that for this class tractor, use mine on a B2650 and it came in orange to!!!

BillK01

Equipment
Mar 17, 2017
Near Pittsburgh, PA
I use the Land Pride QH05 quick hitch, it's light easy to take on and off when you need to just weights 37 pounds, if your implements are quick hitch compliant you don't need any bushings only rated for 680 lbs but these are for compact tractors so how many implements do you see that weight over that for this class tractor, use mine on a B2650 and it came in orange to!!!
Yea I was surprised when my dealer brought mine out and it was orange - didn't even know that was an option!

Rick in CT

Equipment
BX2360, loader, snow blower, blade, mower
Feb 2, 2015
Wallingford, CT
BillK01,
I too have the QH05. In order to get the top link pin to fit the hook correctly, you need an adapter that goes from 1 1/4"OD to 3/4" ID. If you have a tractor supply nearby, get one each of the following, and put the small one inside the large one, this is what I did and it works great. LandPride also makes an adapter bushing, one piece. Look in the parts manual parts breakdown.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/countyline-category-2-to-1-top-link-bushing?cm_vc=-10005

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/countyline-category-3-to-2-top-link-bushing?cm_vc=-10005

I really like my QH05, it is a time and back saver.

Rick

BillK01

Equipment
Mar 17, 2017
Near Pittsburgh, PA
BillK01,
I too have the QH05. In order to get the top link pin to fit the hook correctly, you need an adapter that goes from 1 1/4"OD to 3/4" ID. If you have a tractor supply nearby, get one each of the following, and put the small one inside the large one, this is what I did and it works great. LandPride also makes an adapter bushing, one piece. Look in the parts manual parts breakdown.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/countyline-category-2-to-1-top-link-bushing?cm_vc=-10005

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/countyline-category-3-to-2-top-link-bushing?cm_vc=-10005

I really like my QH05, it is a time and back saver.

Rick
Thanks for the reply. I originally had a cat1 to cat2 (lower link adapter) on the top link pin on the back blade, and while it fit, it made getting the pin on the top hook of the quick hitch even more difficult than without it on.

It does seem the dedicated top link sizes you linked are slightly smaller than the lower link ones I have (both cat1 to cat2 and cat2 to cat3 lowers) but I can't imagine how it will help considering just the cat2 one I have made it worse than with nothing.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong or just need more practice. But I'll get them just to be sure and give your suggestion a whirl. If that doesn't resolve my issue I'm not sure what's next, because I can't imagine it should be this difficult.

Last edited:

JackJ

Equipment
BX1870-1
Mar 14, 2016
Indiana
BillK01,
I too have the QH05. In order to get the top link pin to fit the hook correctly, you need an adapter that goes from 1 1/4"OD to 3/4" ID.

I've got a QH05 which I really like, but must be missing something here, as I don't understand the need for an adapter. Where do these sleeves go?

On the top pin of each implement you pick up? There may be some slop there, but I've never noticed it to be excessive. Guess I'll take another look.

Or do you use them in conjunction with the floating top link option? I've never used that since I'm not using a bushhog or similar--just a box blade, grader blade, chipper, and receiver hitch, none of which need movement in the top link.

BillK01

Equipment
Mar 17, 2017
Near Pittsburgh, PA
I've got a QH05 which I really like, but must be missing something here, as I don't understand the need for an adapter. Where do these sleeves go?

On the top pin of each implement you pick up? There may be some slop there, but I've never noticed it to be excessive. Guess I'll take another look.

Or do you use them in conjunction with the floating top link option? I've never used that since I'm not using a bushhog or similar--just a box blade, grader blade, chipper, and receiver hitch, none of which need movement in the top link.
I'm in the same boat as you JackJ - I can only get my back blade on with the regular top link pin in the implement - if I put the cat 2 bushing on it the top hook on the QH05 won't engage.

I can see how having the top hook tighter with no play would be ideal - but I'm just not seeing how having the cat1 to 2 and cat2 to 3 bushings on that pin will work. My local TSC only had the 1-2 top link bushing - so I'm running to another one over lunch for the 2-3 top link bushing and will give it another go later and report back.