Land Pride quick hitch?

BillK01

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, LP 1560 back blade, Front mount snow blower, Ferris ISX800 ZTR
Mar 17, 2017
Near Pittsburgh, PA
Going to pick up my new Land Pride RB1560 back blade tomorrow and wondering if it's worth ponying up for the LP quick hitch?

Right now the back blade is only 3pt attachment I will own and will be on the tractor all winter with the snow blower attached. I will also use it for it's intended use off and on during the rest of the year and also for a little bit of extra weight while using the FEL. So I'll be taking it off and on several times over the season.

I'd like to get a core aerator next season. Probably an Everything Attachments one that weighs about 520lbs.

Should I just get a the quick hitch also while I'm there tomorrow or hold off until I have my aerator next year?

Not sure how much fiddling will be involved with putting the back blade on and taking it off. New to the whole 3pt hitch stuff.

Wbk

Feb 20, 2013
St Adolphe Manitoba Canada
I'd go for it you won't be sorry, try hooking up once without it on and the next time with the quick hitch and then you'll wonder why they don't make them part of the tractor package. Just my 5cents we have them on all three of our bx's.

Vidiot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2680 & several implements
Apr 28, 2017
Purcellville, VA, USA
I'd say absolutely get it if you have a choice. Even with one implement, if you remove it more than twice a year the quick hitch makes it SOOO much easier.
I've got the same rear blade you're getting plus a box blade and bush hog and going back and forth between them is a breeze with the quick hitch. Next to wheel spacers, it's one of the best things I've bought for my BX2680.
Just my two cents.

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
OK....so I'll be devils advocate here.
If you have only one 3 point attachment and you plan on leaving it on all the time you certainly do not need a quick hitch. Save your money towards the next attachment. That being said, I have a quick hitch but not Land Pride. I felt they were way too pricy for what they do. I bought a less expensive one, about $125 which does the trick. However I mow with my B2320 and the quick hitch upper support will rub the pto shaft under some circumstances. This restricts the movement of the mower. I do not use it when mowing anymore.
Now, when I use the loader I use either a box blade or ballast box. The quick hitch is handy when changing between two or more attachments.
But for one......I can't see any reason to get it.
Just my honest Opinion.

Vidiot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2680 & several implements
Apr 28, 2017
Purcellville, VA, USA
OK....so I'll be devils advocate here.
If you have only one 3 point attachment and you plan on leaving it on all the time you certainly do not need a quick hitch. Save your money towards the next attachment. That being said, I have a quick hitch but not Land Pride. I felt they were way too pricy for what they do. I bought a less expensive one, about $125 which does the trick. However I mow with my B2320 and the quick hitch upper support will rub the pto shaft under some circumstances. This restricts the movement of the mower. I do not use it when mowing anymore.
Now, when I use the loader I use either a box blade or ballast box. The quick hitch is handy when changing between two or more attachments.
But for one......I can't see any reason to get it.
Just my honest Opinion.

Agreed that it's pricey for what it is, but for me the fact that it's matched to the LP implements that i own it just made sense; no mods needed. The OP mentioned that it may come on and off throughout the year so there are certainly less expensive solutions out there.
I'm admittedly lazy though and taking the box blade on and off without a quick hitch of any type was a pain!

Kurtee

Equipment
BX2660, BX2680 cab, JD 2032R, Honda 5518, JD X590, JD X739
Oct 3, 2013
Nicollet, mn
Get the quick hitch. It is not very likely that you will stay with only one attachment. You stated you will take the blade off and on so why risk injury there?

Missouribound

Equipment
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
Get the quick hitch. It is not very likely that you will stay with only one attachment. You stated you will take the blade off and on so why risk injury there?
You make a very good point. If you take your implements off and on very often they are quite handy and save some time. But if BillK keeps the FEL on he should keep some ballast on as well, something he will understand quickly. My point is that with only one piece of equipment it is a bit unnecessary...again my opinion.
But it does save time. And most likely if I didn't mow with my machine I would leave it on...but then again I have several 3 point attachments, not just one.

dakota12gauge

Aug 5, 2017
Rochester, MI
Ballast weight is 4 50lb lifting weights. Fixture was fabricated out of (2) 1 1/2" plumbers floor plates bolted together with 5"x 3/8" bolts , top plate has a 1 1/2" to 3/4" reduction fitting which a 12" x 3/4" black pipe is screwed into. No holes were drilled. Needed the ballast so I could pickup my 500+lb MMM and move it into storage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bucky Badger

Equipment
BX2660
Mar 17, 2017
Madison
Ballast weight is 4 50lb lifting weights. Fixture was fabricated out of (2) 1 1/2" plumbers floor plates bolted together with 5"x 3/8" bolts , top plate has a 1 1/2" to 3/4" reduction fitting which a 12" x 3/4" black pipe is screwed into. No holes were drilled. Needed the ballast so I could pickup my 500+lb MMM and move it into storage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice mod there, very simple. Like the kick stand too

Missouribound

Equipment
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
Bushings slide over the factory supplied pins on the implement. They, in effect make the pins larger for a tighter fit in the quick hitch.

BillK01

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, LP 1560 back blade, Front mount snow blower, Ferris ISX800 ZTR
Mar 17, 2017
Near Pittsburgh, PA
Bushings slide over the factory supplied pins on the implement. They, in effect make the pins larger for a tighter fit in the quick hitch.
And these are something I get from Land Pride? Anyone have a part number.

Cathy Liebchen

Equipment
KUBOTA L3901, MX5800, MULE PRO FX, MULE PRO FXT
We have the Land Pride QH 15 quick hitch. Worth every penny. We have had the Harbor Freight one and Speedco (?) before and they both were flimsy and cheap. I am 5'4" and just not strong enough to change the implements solo but the QH makes it a breeze.