Kubota's for Work or Play?

danl

Apr 30, 2010
Vermont
All,

I am soon to be a new owner of an old B5100. Its all for play like mowing, snow removal, carting firewood and drawing wood from the woods at hunting camp.

Do I need it, not really, but I will have fun and make my work at home and camp easier. Maybe save my back in the process.

Danl

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
All,

I am soon to be a new owner of an old B5100. Its all for play like mowing, snow removal, carting firewood and drawing wood from the woods at hunting camp.

Do I need it, not really, but I will have fun and make my work at home and camp easier. Maybe save my back in the process.

Danl

Danl, we are all for saving backs and Kubota's are the best back relief there is :D
Congrat's on the tractor and I'm looking forward to some pic's of the tractor at the hunting camp!

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
I just saw this thread today. :eek: :eek: :eek: WOW 21 pages go by and I didn't see it.:(
I usually go to a couple areas and that is it.

Anyway................ my Kubota is all play. :D
I can't get my Suburban in the back yard to move my boats around or get them in and out of the shed or shop so the tractor does it very well.
When the inlaws wanted a larger garden I had to find a way to make everything work out for everyones interest and the Kubota was the answer. :D :D

I have a scrape blade and working towards a tiller too so the garden work will be easier and faster.

Attachments

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
WOW... tree in tow!:D

By the way guys (and gals;)) I made some Black Cherry hooch. It is sweet and VERY tasteful. I gave some to a retired marine master sargent who drank two jelly glasses full within a couple of hours. This man gets up at 05:30 EVERY morning to raise his flag and salute the colors.... no kidding!:eek:

He and his lady friend did not break bunk the next morning until 09:50 the next morning.

I'd say my mission was accomplished... Ohoo Ahhhh!

Butch:cool:

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
Well This is my first post on here. I have my Little Giant BX 24 and about 1 acre and several impliments and I use it for PLAY although in the 2+ years that I have had mine I think I have gained a few lbs from the neighbors who "pay" the "Kubota Man (as they call me and my lil orange tractor)" with all sorts of baked goods, candy and drinks of all kinds (No homemade hooch as of yet :( ). I have on occasion drivin it into town (3 miles out) for coffee, lunch and a haircut. I did a favor for a friend of mine about 15 miles away I could have trailered it however it was a great day for a drive lots of good clean air at 8.2 mph ;) I did put extra lights and reflectors and a second SMV sign to keep from being hit bt oblivious drivers who cant seam to be able to see a bright orange tractor with flashers and a beacon on.

My Lovely Wifey-Poo bought my BX 24 with all sorts of impliments after I was diagnosed with leukmia. I was sitting at home watching watching TV (Dr. Phil). When she would get home I would ask if I was doing this or that. She said I needed something to do she asked what I wanted I said without hesitation a Kubota BX 24. Life has been lots more fun ever since ;)

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Well This is my first post on here. I have my Little Giant BX 24 and about 1 acre and several impliments and I use it for PLAY although in the 2+ years that I have had mine I think I have gained a few lbs from the neighbors who "pay" the "Kubota Man (as they call me and my lil orange tractor)" with all sorts of baked goods, candy and drinks of all kinds (No homemade hooch as of yet :( ). I have on occasion drivin it into town (3 miles out) for coffee, lunch and a haircut. I did a favor for a friend of mine about 15 miles away I could have trailered it however it was a great day for a drive lots of good clean air at 8.2 mph ;) I did put extra lights and reflectors and a second SMV sign to keep from being hit bt oblivious drivers who cant seam to be able to see a bright orange tractor with flashers and a beacon on.

My Lovely Wifey-Poo bought my BX 24 with all sorts of impliments after I was diagnosed with leukmia. I was sitting at home watching watching TV (Dr. Phil). When she would get home I would ask if I was doing this or that. She said I needed something to do she asked what I wanted I said without hesitation a Kubota BX 24. Life has been lots more fun ever since ;)
Hey Kubota Man. Let me be the first to welcome you to the site. Man you got a great wife to get you a fine machine like that with all the implements.
It sure sounds like your having a ball with the tractor and putting it to good use helping others.
Since you got the machine it sounds like your putting your time and energy to a much better use, I hope and wish that 2011 will bring you the very best of health and you get to enjoy your new tractor for decades to come. Thanks for posting and again. Welcome to the site. Paul

russbuckey

Equipment
L3400, FEL, Back hoe, landscape rake, back blade, 72" snowblower.
Nov 21, 2010
burlington Vt.
Well if you like what you do you never work a day in your life.
I use my Kubota around my house to mow,move wood, clear snow etc,I don't get paid,but I don't pay to have it done.
I always have fun when I'm out on my tractor,wish i could do it more.

SGut3

Equipment
Woods Brush Bull, LA 480 Loader, box scrape, Tiller, post hole digger, plow,
Jun 2, 2010
Va.
I bought mine as a mid life crisis/divorce purchase...much more practical than a red sports car. I use it with the loader to save my back, bush hog, dig post holes, scrape snow, move trailers. My last job was digging up the septic tank. I guess you would say I play while I work!

Wildfire

Equipment
I bought mine as a mid life crisis/divorce purchase...much more practical than a red sports car. I use it with the loader to save my back, bush hog, dig post holes, scrape snow, move trailers. My last job was digging up the septic tank. I guess you would say I play while I work!
Why not have both? I picked up ours Monday! :D

Attachments

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
YEP you just earned mad respect on that one Paul!!!

But with this one LEAVE IT THE HELL ALONE!!!

Your not allowed to modify anything on that car! LMAO

Wildfire

Equipment
YEP you just earned mad respect on that one Paul!!!

But with this one LEAVE IT THE HELL ALONE!!!

Your not allowed to modify anything on that car! LMAO
Oh man you should have told me sooner. Ive been doing mods all week :eek:. I just have to put the stripe kit on and the beast is done. I did restrain myself though. I only have about forty things added. ;)

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
MUSTANG, Ye haa!!! I've had 7 at onetime, down to 2 now. Actually one of them is for sale. It's on craigs list and ebay. 1972 mustang convertible.

Eddie Jr.

Equipment
B3200 HSD
Mar 27, 2011
Ottawa Valley, Ontario, Canada EH!
Holly Crap! I read most of this too ... WAY off topic, but funny as hell.

Mine = Toy
Mow the grass and move the dirt/gravel and push some snow in the winter. Love every second of it!

You guys are too much ;)

M.

Wildfire

Equipment
MUSTANG, Ye haa!!! I've had 7 at onetime, down to 2 now. Actually one of them is for sale. It's on craigs list and ebay. 1972 mustang convertible.
Oh man I had a '72 Mustang hardtop. I bought it used off a guy, did some custom stuff to it and sold it back to the same I bought it from :) I only have one Mustang but I do have 9 motorcycles right now. If I bring another one home to restore I think the wife will kill me :(

Holly Crap! I read most of this too ... WAY off topic,

You guys are too much ;)

M.
Anyone who knows me will tell you that anything goes on my threads. I never care if it goes off topic but considering this isn't my thread I apologize to the thread starting member. Some of the best threads are kept going by going off topic :).

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I was the one that started it way back when and I love every post and where its gone on from here! I just miss Traildust helping me keep it hilarious!

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I have no idea, I've sent him message's and I have not heard a peep out of Traildust in quite some time. Seems like he just fell off the map!

Wildfire

Equipment
I have no idea, I've sent him message's and I have not heard a peep out of Traildust in quite some time. Seems like he just fell off the map!
Oh man I hate it when things happen like that. Makes me think he may have gotten Ill or had something happen. Hope all is well for him and his family. I'll keep him/them in my prayers.