kubota bound , tractor newbie

bludweiser

Jun 1, 2012
pennsylvania
maybe you need to read my post again,,i never called anyone stupid,,just wanted a few honest answers and advice, i will go elseware for help and advice,, mods delete my account...i wont be back,

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
kubota offers HST and GST on there website,, are they hiding the manual shift with clutch for some reason, where do you get 12 grand less,,backhoe attachememt is almost 8 grand.. came here for alittle help and i get stupid answers from some people..tipical.
Sorry, but you need to read your post again. You can't call the answers stupid without insulting the person who posted the answer. You then called it typical- another insult. No one wants you to leave, we just want common respect and patience. No one here is perfect, and sometimes, it takes a little bit of banter back and forth to understand a situation or request a little bit better. Something rubbed you wrong, we get that, but give the community the chance to understand better what it is that you are seeking. If you go away mad, it is your own interpretation and choice.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
maybe you need to read my post again,,i never called anyone stupid,,just wanted a few honest answers and advice, i will go elsewhere for help and advice,, mods delete my account...i wont be back,
Hate to see you go; you won't find a more friendly tractor site out there and I belong to several.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Bummer but with that kind of an attatude ,I guess its no real loss

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Screw it let him go. He came asking for a little adivse, a simple mistake was made and he wants to run away crying like a little bitch then let him.

Thanks guys for sticking up for me but I can promise yall my feelings surely arent hurt from some stranger over the internet!

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Screw it let him go. He came asking for a little adivse, a simple mistake was made and he wants to run away crying like a little bitch then let him.

Thanks guys for sticking up for me but I can promise yall my feelings surely arent hurt from some stranger over the internet!
I would be disappointed if your feelings were hurt; I'd also be disappointed if we didn't stand behind each other. You don't have to meet someone to be a friend, or have their back.

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Oh boy. Looks like someone got their panties in a knot and bent out of shape :eek:

Unfortunate it happened and it does from time to time on all sites. The only concern is if the OP had issues here he's not going to have much luck anywhere else. This is hands down the most polite tractor site on the net.

I'm involved with other sites and have locked horns myself with members on those other sites but never here and when it comes to Eric well he's about the most interesting member on here and knows as much about tractoring as one can know so to the orginal poster, take a dep breath, relax, come back and Enjoy the site. No one meant any harm and I hope you enjoy your new tractor. ;)

TripleR

Equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Oh boy. Looks like someone got their panties in a knot and bent out of shape :eek:

Unfortunate it happened and it does from time to time on all sites. The only concern is if the OP had issues here he's not going to have much luck anywhere else. This is hands down the most polite tractor site on the net.

I'm involved with other sites and have locked horns myself with members on those other sites but never here and when it comes to Eric well he's about the most interesting member on here and knows as much about tractoring as one can know so to the orginal poster, take a dep breath, relax, come back and Enjoy the site. No one meant any harm and I hope you enjoy your new tractor. ;)
He won't be back, he let emotions get the better of him and left in a snit, so even if he wanted to he is probably too embarrassed.

I'm pretty new to the forum and don't know anyone but E/S and hate to make enemies this early, but post #25 was a bit over the line in my opinion, not that a lot were not thinking it.

Wildfire

Equipment
He won't be back, he let emotions get the better of him and left in a snit, so even if he wanted to he is probably too embarrassed.

I'm pretty new to the forum and don't know anyone but E/S and hate to make enemies this early, but post #25 was a bit over the line in my opinion, not that a lot were not thinking it.
In my opinion he deserved it after you read post #10. I actually think Eric was holding back. A new guy shouldn't be replying such as he did on post #10 but that's only my opinion :D

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
I went the L3200 route. I figured the less hp, the less likely I'd be to tear up the tractor. I also went the gear route. When you are digging with the FEL, the tendency is to charge into whatever you are trying to dig. I've never used anything but low for this, to protect the tractor. With gears that is a mile an hour; with HST it can be 5. Just another reason for gears...
I don't think the 32/38 hp issue really has any validity. L3200 is a bit less expensive. If you think you might need the hp, spend the extra $$.
Huh? HST is worth every penny unless you are just mowing large fields. HST can go way slower than a gear drive transmission with more throttle. You can go as slow as you ant with hst, so slow the tire barely moves. Control is way better with HST. My last tractor was a gear transmission and I will never own another one, HST all the way.

Bluegill

Equipment
L3750DT Shuttle, L3800DT FEL both
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
Huh? HST is worth every penny unless you are just mowing large fields. HST can go way slower than a gear drive transmission with more throttle. You can go as slow as you ant with hst, so slow the tire barely moves. Control is way better with HST. My last tractor was a gear transmission and I will never own another one, HST all the way.
I also prefer gear drive over HST, for everything. Not saying HST is bad, but personally I don't like it. :cool:

TripleR

Equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
In my opinion he deserved it after you read post #10. I actually think Eric was holding back. A new guy shouldn't be replying such as he did on post #10 but that's only my opinion :D
We will just have to disagree on this one, I just don't care for that kind of language on a forum that is supposed to be one of the friendliest.

I am not attacking Eric or taking up for Budweiser just expressing my opinion. Would you want to participate in a forum if that kind of language was common?

Heck, maybe it's me and I just belong here.

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
I also prefer gear drive over HST, for everything. Not saying HST is bad, but personally I don't like it. :cool:
I just can't see how. HST will do everything a gear one will but it will do it a lot faster. I get 10 times the work done with my HST that I could do with my gear transmission. Have you ever owned a HST tractor? If so what model? I am looking for an explanation why people think a gear drive is better. I have never heard one yet.

Bluegill

Equipment
L3750DT Shuttle, L3800DT FEL both
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
I just can't see how. HST will do everything a gear one will but it will do it a lot faster. I get 10 times the work done with my HST that I could do with my gear transmission. Have you ever owned a HST tractor? If so what model? I am looking for an explanation why people think a gear drive is better. I have never heard one yet.
I have a Massey 2300 with 5' finish mower with HST and our larger 3750 has hydro shuttle. Still I spend all my tractor time on the L3800 gear drive. And get the work done plenty fast.

No real reason, just like em better. Guess I like clutching and changing gears. I also know how to tear into a manual trans and fix it, but it's very rare they fail.

Not knocking HST at all. But there has to be a reason tractor companies offer gear drive...;)

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Yall seriously I just laughed and shrugged it off. Thank's for sticking up for me and making me the most interesting man in the Kubota world.

Its hard to take an idiot like that serious when he has a brand of beer for his screen name and can't spell typical correctly! I think he needs to go back and drink another one!

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I agree. Getting frustrated is one thing; getting snippy, when you are new to the neighborhood, is bad manners.

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
I have a Massey 2300 with 5' finish mower with HST and our larger 3750 has hydro shuttle. Still I spend all my tractor time on the L3800 gear drive. And get the work done plenty fast.

No real reason, just like em better. Guess I like clutching and changing gears. I also know how to tear into a manual trans and fix it, but it's very rare they fail.

Not knocking HST at all. But there has to be a reason tractor companies offer gear drive...;)
Well hopefully I never have to get into the hst. I like that I can stop the tractor on a incline and it just sits there. Especially when standing up deer stands and such the clutch is a PITA. They want to roll back where the hst just stops where you let off the pedal. I don't see any difference in power between my 50 hp massey and my 50 hp kubota. The massey was a manual. I don't need an extra hand to use the shuttle I can leave my hand on the bucket controls. All my tractors in the future will be hst.

Wildfire

Equipment
came here for alittle help and i get stupid answers from some people..tipical.
We will just have to disagree on this one, I just don't care for that kind of language on a forum that is supposed to be one of the friendliest.

I am not attacking Eric or taking up for Budweiser just expressing my opinion. Would you want to participate in a forum if that kind of language was common?

Heck, maybe it's me and I just belong here.
Not saying you attacked anyone and you have a right to your opinion and yes we'll have to agree to disagree.
Up here if you act like an arsehole you get treated like an arsehole and that way everyone is on the same page.

If someone asked you a question and you answered it and they turned around and said you gave them a stupid answer, you'd be polite?
Sir I can assure you one thing. I would not be polite and that's putting it as nice as I possibly can :mad:

TripleR

Equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Not saying you attacked anyone and you have a right to your opinion and yes we'll have to agree to disagree.
Up here if you act like an arsehole you get treated like an arsehole and that way everyone is on the same page.

If someone asked you a question and you answered it and they turned around and said you gave them a stupid answer, you'd be polite?
Sir I can assure you one thing. I would not be polite and that's putting it as nice as I possibly can :mad:
Well it appears I just may not fit in very well here. And yes, I would "probably" either be polite or just ignore them.